shape
carat
color
clarity

Oil Cleansing Method

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
This is so fascinating! I never would have thought that oil would have these effects on skin. I have combination skin and my T-Zone sometimes gets a bit slick.
14.gif
I also get occasional breakouts. I think I might give this a try! Thanks for sharing all this great info!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 11:57:15 AM
Author: Peachy
Hi Everyone:

I''ve tried OCM a few times as well. Initially, my skin fees great, but then it actually becomes too drying for me. As Musey said, it can be too much for dryer skins if done too often!! Not to mention that I would inevitably get the oil creeping into my eyes and it would bug me. It is definitely worth a try though because I know several people who have fabulous luck with it.

If anyone''s interested, for my routine, I now use a gentle, detergent free castille cleanser that works fabulously and lasts forever - 1 tiny squirt takes off all makeup. I''ve had the same bottle for 6 months now and I''m only half way through... http://www.psfskincare.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16133&cat=249&page=1 I then use pure exra virgin olive oil to moisturize my face, about 4 or 5 drops from a medicine dropper. I do this morning and night and my skin has never been better. Splotchiness/redness is gone, T-Zone has completely normalized (no oil slicks after a few hours), no blemishes. I''ve actually started putting olive oil on my husband''s face and he loves it as well. I may have to reduce the number of drops used in the summer when it gets hot and humid, but we''ll see.

I also stopped using commercial body lotions around the same time and now use Expeller Pressed Safflower oil, infused with Sweet Orange Essential Oil. I fill up a pump bottle with the safflower oil, and add about 30 drops of the sweet orange oil. I then use it all over my body after getting out of the shower. My skin really loves it (though I do miss the long lasting scent that I was getting out of the bath and body works lotions I had been using....but I guess that''s what perfume is for.). Using this oil on daily basis has totally gotten rid of the bumps on the backs of my arms - and I thought I was going to be stuck with them forever!
Peachy, thanks for posting all this! It sounds like we may have similar issues (splotchiness/redness and bumps on the backs of our arms). I''m going to try your safflower oil concoction for my body.

I''ve been fascinated by the castile cleansers. My only frustration with OCM has been traveling with it - it seems IMPOSSIBLE to find a leak-proof container for oil. I''ve tried switching off of it for that reason alone
3.gif
a castile cleanser seems like a viable alternative. I may try switching if I get brave enough!

Thanks!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I started this 3 days ago and so far I''m in love!!! I''ve been using about 25% Castor oil and 75% Jojoba oil. After the 1st day, I noticed that the pores on and around my nose were less clogged than they usually are. I also noticed that when I woke up the next morning, my T-zone was not slick like it normally is. My skin has such a healthy glow and my cheeks, which are usually super dry, are soft and smooth.

So far 2 thumbs up for OCM!
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure how I missed this thread! I heard about using oils years ago and was too scared to try it-sounded hoaky to me, putting oil on an already oily/broken out face, and I never knew anyone who tried it. Now tho, I think I''ll spend some time reviewing this tomorrow and give it a shot. Lord knows I''ve been dealing w/horrible skin for well over 20 years, if it works great, if not, at least I tried it. I get bad cystic acne, so maybe I should take a week or 2 off work for the oil purging hahaha!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been doing it a few times a week, and I guess I''m still in the purging phase. I''ve got zits on my cheek! Plus more on my chin, which is upsetting. I wanted to do this to get rid of that! But every system has a purging phase, so I''m going to stick it out a little while longer and see what happens.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:10:43 PM
Author: princesss
I''ve been doing it a few times a week, and I guess I''m still in the purging phase. I''ve got zits on my cheek! Plus more on my chin, which is upsetting. I wanted to do this to get rid of that! But every system has a purging phase, so I''m going to stick it out a little while longer and see what happens.

I can sympathize! Jojoba can clear some people up, but for others - it can cause acne. It actually gives me acne, which is odd! It''s supposed to be very close to sebum but for certain people, it can cause acne!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jojoba oil is actually really drying on my skin. I tried it for awhile and got a bunch of rough red patches. Yuck!

Princesss, I''m so sorry about the breakouts!
7.gif
I hope it clears soon!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey Musey! I heard that people can develop allergies to the oils and that was one problem some people had with these methods. Have you heard of this happening? I''d love to try it, I luckily don''t get break outs often but I do have quite oily skin and I can never control it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
plain olive oil works wonders.......

mz

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I started this almost a month ago, and I''ve been using 80% jojoba and 20% castor oil. To be honest, I haven''t noticed a difference at all. I think I''ll switch to olive oil and see what that does.

I have to say I love the feeling of cleaning with oil! It felt a little weird at first but I''ve grown to love it! So soothing and relaxing!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I started trying this a few days ago and so far it''s been great--I''m using about 20 - 25% castor oil to 75 - 80% grapeseed oil. So far so good! I''m actually already less broken out.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:20:34 PM
Author: ladypirate
I started trying this a few days ago and so far it''s been great--I''m using about 20 - 25% castor oil to 75 - 80% grapeseed oil. So far so good! I''m actually already less broken out.
That''s just about my mix.

I started thinking to myself, "Hmm, I wonder if I really NEED the castor oil. Maybe I''ll just reduce it to 5%-ish castor to 95% grapeseed oil. Might be more moisturizing that way."

Nuh-uh. Bad idea. My skin got mad - and FAST.

Just goes to show it''s as much the oils in the mix as it is the ratio of the mix, I suppose.

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
That's so interesting Musey. I was thinking the same thing about the Castor oil. I don't use much of it at all in my mix so I was thinking about eliminating it. I guess since it's what draws out all the gunk from our pores, we still need it?? I'm using mostly Jojoba oil and I saw that you said that it dried your skin out. Lately, my skin has been feeling a bit more dry in the mornings than it did when I first started the OCM. How do you like the Grapeseed oil?

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
I started this about two weeks ago. I''ve used both grapeseed and more recently jojoba, but my nose, cheeks, and forehead have gotten dry and flakey. How do you know what kind of carrier oil will work?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:31:23 PM
Author: MissBehavior
I started this about two weeks ago. I've used both grapeseed and more recently jojoba, but my nose, cheeks, and forehead have gotten dry and flakey. How do you know what kind of carrier oil will work?
Unfortunately, it's mostly trial and error
7.gif
you can do a bit of research to see which oils may be more moisturizing.

Jojoba really dried me out and grapeseed can too if I leave it on for too long. I know that safflower and hazelnut oils can both be more moisturizing, but haven't tried either yet.

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
I love the glow I''ve gotten, but can''t take the drying. I''ve bought some sunflower, sweet almond, evoo to try. Can you point me to a website that explains the different characteristics of the carrier oils?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 3:49:58 PM
Author: MissBehavior
I love the glow I''ve gotten, but can''t take the drying. I''ve bought some sunflower, sweet almond, evoo to try. Can you point me to a website that explains the different characteristics of the carrier oils?
I read up a lot last summer, but I don''t think I bookmarked anything. Let me see what I can find with some googling.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh this is the one thing I have bookmarked: OCM Chat on The Beauty Bottle

Obviously it''s just personal experiences and discussion, but I think there are some links scattered in there.

MissBehavior

Rough_Rock
Oooo, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results