shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh no!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, a quick run-down for some of you who might not have read any of my previous posts: BF and I have been together for 4.5 years. We got a ring custom made by Whiteflash that has been in his possession since early March. I know a proposal is coming by the end of the month, but still wanted to be somewhat surprised by the actual proposal. He apparently came up with a great way, that I ended up ruining accidentally.

So today, I went to check my Gmail account (which I rarely do). In the past, BF has had me sign into HIS Gmail account to check some stuff for him because he can't get online at work. Well apparently my computer "remembered" his sign-in information because it opened his account instead of mine. Well, there at the top of his inbox, were a couple of emails that have now made me ruin the second surprise proposal method he had planned. I absolutely did not open the emails, but the sender and subject information were enough to tell me the whole story. Since I didn't open them I don't know what date it's for, but I feel so terrible knowing the I ruined it again.

I haven't told him that I saw them and I don't plan on telling him. I just feel so sad because I have inadvertently ruined it again and he has been working so hard to make it a surprise for me. I really feel miserable about this, and I'm a terrible actor and am going to have a hard time "acting" surprised when the time comes.

Thanks for listening.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!
6.gif
You've got some bad luck going on, girl.
38.gif
Maybe you should just go along with it even if you are a bad actress. It'll be funny 20 years from now.
28.gif

ETA: Sorry to encourage dishonesty, maybe you should tell him. Not sure what to do.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
OH NO! You poor baby. There''s really nothing I can say but to keep your chin up and it will be ok. I''m so sorry. HUGS!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oops! Well you can''t blame yourself for it, damn newfangled technology! I guess it''s up to you now. You can tell him that you inadvertantly found out about it (again) or you can go along and maybe he''ll find out later that you already knew about the plan. If the surprise aspect (more than just the date) is really important to you I''d tell him.

Keep us posted!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure what to do either.

The surprise aspect is important to me, but I think it is MORE important to him. At the beginning he really wanted to entire thing to be a surprise and pushed back at first at the idea of me being in on my ring selection. He finally gave in to that idea, and this proposal thing was going to be all him. So the proposal was really going to be HIS thing, and I would be surprised.

I''m hesitant about telling him that I found out because I don''t want to ruin this for him after I ruined the first one. Also, if I tell him I found out, he''ll be scrambling to figure something else out because the month is halfway over. And since I didn''t open the emails, I don''t know if he has already paid for it.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and to make me even more sad and confused about the whole thing is that I have a tiny inkling that it could even happen TONIGHT.

I think at this point, I'm just going to try and act surprised and let him have his moment. Then I might consider telling him afterwards.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I''m at the edge of my seat waiting to find out what will happen!
I hope it does happen tonight and you can psot tomorrow and TAKE YOURSLEF OFF THE LIST! WOOHOO!!!

Don''t feel too bad, its nto your fault! That does suck though!

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know whether you should tell him or not about knowing, that''s for you to decide. I wouldn''t say anything because otherwise he may get frustrated and just do it in the livingroom or something.

What I do know is that it truely won''t be any less special because you know. I was not suprised at all and I still cried and was happy and felt so lucky, etc. My Fi still went to a lot of trouble and got me flowers, did it at a castle, etc; the act of proposing and the care your FI puts into it is what matters.
My FMIL told him to propose on the plane to Europe since it would be the only way to suprise me! I much prefer the way it happened.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I feel for you, I would feel the same way about that situation. Good luck with everything.

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
Oh sweetie - I can''t believe this has happened again!! Well at least it will make good fodder for the speeches! ( every cloud and all that!)
Please don''t feel sad - it was just one of those things. Any update though? can you come off the list.................

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh! I''m so sorry.
I sort of feel the same way about seeing my bf''s e-mail about ordering (possibly) the ring. Again just the subject and who it was from is all I needed to see to know. I am excited, but a little disapointed that I know something is going on, so I feel for you.
I probably wouldn''t tell him you saw it.

Good luck!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
SarahLovesJS - I know! Super bad luck! I'm beginning to think maybe it just isn't meant to be a surprise.

redfaerythinker - Thank you, you're too sweet!

sunnyd - As I posted above, I think I'm just going to play along. Telling him that I found out would just cause unnecessary stress on both of our parts, I think.

Pushin40 - Thanks, your post made me smile. :)

brazen_irish_hussy - I know it will not be any less special, and I am very happy. I just feel bad for seemingly thwarting all his attempts at surprising me. Thanks for your encouraging words.

Dreamgirl - Thank you.

chizzy1982 - True! If it happens tonight, you can bet I'll be back telling everyone about it tomorrow. And if it doesn't happen tonight, I'll definitely tell you about it when it does!

Just Me - Exactly. Excited but disappointed is where I am now.

Thanks so much, ladies, I'm starting to feel a bit better about it now. Instead of thinking about how I managed to ruin it again, I'm thinking about how wonderful and romantic it will be.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I guess just look on the bright side, your man is about to propose! Woo hoooo!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m now about 98% certain that it''s going to happen tonight.

Eeek!
26.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
OOOOOOH how exciting! You will have to share the info with us. I get SO excited every time I see a LIW gets engaged!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, you have to be totally pumped right now even if you know what the plans are. Honestly! I would not be able to contain myself if I thought my proposal was coming tonight.

I am willing to bet that despite knowing what the plans are or having an idea of the plans that once you are in the moment, you are going to be so overcome with what is happening you will completely forget all about the feelings you have now.

I really hope tonight’s the night for you!

Sooooooo are you going to spill the beans to us as to what the e-mails suggested may be happening?
31.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
He is just so bad at trying to hide things from me.

I was suspicious of today even before I found out about his method because he made a huge point that I needed to go down and visit him today (he lives about 45 miles south of me). He never makes as big of a deal of me going down there because he gets out of work pretty late everyday and goes to bed early. I asked him why he was making such a big deal out of it, and he said it was so that we could watch the Sharks hockey game (we have Sharks season tickets, and they''re in the playoffs now and on the road). I commented that he has never made such a fuss about me going down there to watch a game with him, and his justification was that "well it''s the playoffs now."

This raised a flag because normally he wouldn''t care about us watching the game together on TV.

Then the emails that he received TODAY, of all days.

And I just got off the phone with him and he was being a smartass (jokingly) to me, so I said "fine, I''m not going to come down there tonight." He sorta freaked out when I said that.

So yeah, everything is pointing to tonight.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2008 4:23:30 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Okay, you have to be totally pumped right now even if you know what the plans are. Honestly! I would not be able to contain myself if I thought my proposal was coming tonight.

I am willing to bet that despite knowing what the plans are or having an idea of the plans that once you are in the moment, you are going to be so overcome with what is happening you will completely forget all about the feelings you have now.

I really hope tonight’s the night for you!

Sooooooo are you going to spill the beans to us as to what the e-mails suggested may be happening?
31.gif

Thank you, that is exactly how I am feeling now! Really excited and pumped and happy and everything all at once!

Keywords: Sunset. Beach. Bonfire.
36.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I''m all excited for you over here!!!

Have a fantastic night and enjoy every second of it!!!!

I''ll be looking for a post tomorrow showing off your ring and telling us the full story!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
6.gif
Sorry that happened..

But you cant blame yourself! You may know whats going to happen but you just have to let go and allow yourself to enjoy it.. No matter what it will still be a very special day. And the fact that it might be tonight is even more exciting!
9.gif

And oh yeah.. you better spill the beans later!

Dont wanna thread jack but- YAY ANOTHER SHARKS FAN!! hehe, im so jazzed that, im not the only one.
10.gif

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I know it kinda stinks that some of the surprise is gone but surely there will still be some surprises. I mean you have no idea what he going to say or do when you finally get to "the moment" I''m sure it will be just amazing and nothing you could ever imagine will even compare. So just try to enjoy it.

If it is tonight at least you won''t be tortured for too long! Time for that Magic Mani
28.gif

Sending lost of dust your way!
36.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
It all sounds very romantic! Sending dust your way...

Hee hee...whatever you do, don''t walk into his house when you get there and ask if you can try on the ring with your eyes closed!!
2.gif

(and maybe you can sneak a camera into your bag -- you know, for the rest of us?)

Now -- get thee to a nail salon.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Keepingthefaith21 - Yay, thank you! I''m so excited too!

stryeyes102 - You''re right, it is going to be VERY special. And yay Sharks! Do you live in the Bay Area? Did you watch the game on Sunday? BF and I were in total disbelief about everything, really.

KCCutie - Thank you, you''re so right! Doesn''t look like I''m going to have time for a magic mani, but luckily my nails are in pretty good shape right now.
28.gif

TheBigT - LOL! Yeah, I better not do that again, huh? I will take my camera, for sure. I''ve been lugging it around a lot recently, so he won''t think anything of it when I whip it out tonight.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Waaa, so excited for you!! And don't feel bad...It's going to be special! I'm sort of in the same boat as you are, and I'm just concentrating on how happy we will be
1.gif
My solution is to not mention anything to him, btw. At least until it happens.

Just_Me

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, tonight! That is so exciting! Lots of luck and cannot wait to hear what happens!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Oh man, did i ever watch it!
I was sooo hyped up the first five minutes and then it just went down hill..
23.gif

What made it worse was; I had written my bf letting him know the score and how great we were doing, then i had to tell him we lost.
15.gif
38.gif

All i can say is they better step it up and finish what they started tonight. I dont think my heart can take another game like that unless they become the ''cardiac kids'' again.

*my bf was even contemplating a hockey game proposal.. But someone else took his plan one day (when we were at a game) so he decided against it*

Yup, i live in the bay area.. All my life

Fingers and toes crossed for ya!!! And ill toss in some special teal magic dust too!
9.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks choro and Just Me! I can''t wait. Right now I''m trying to figure out what I should wear.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I''m outta here for now!

Hopefully the next time I post, I''ll be engaged!
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Crossing my fingers for you!!! Don''t worry about it, I''m sure you guys will laugh about it later on...let us know how things go!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap I''m numb with excitement for you!!! Anxiously awaiting tomorrow''s post...
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results