shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh Lordy - have I screwed this up??

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo. :). I just paid a motza (Aussie slang for 'a whole bunch'!) to have a gold bangle made for my god daughter for her 21st birthday on Friday. I picked it up this morning and I'm Very Worried now that it's too small!

The inside diameter is 2 and 3/8th inches. Is this normal? She's 5' 4" tall - and slim - but she has a size 8 foot. Her hands aren't large, but they're not tiny either. They kind of match her feet! Slim fingers - but...wide bone structure?

Ugh! What's normal for a bangle (hard circle - as opposed to a soft chain bracelet) diameter? If anyone has anything to hand that they can measure, I'd really appreciate it!

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean inside diameter?
Because that would mak an inside circumference of 7.46 inches, which doesn't seem small. But I don't have any bangles.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh - sorry - yes! Inside diameter! I've just changed it on the original post. I'm completely discombobulated! The issue isn't it fitting her wrist - it's getting it over her hand. She has lovely long, slim fingers...but broad hands.

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
That would be equivalent to a 60 mm bangle which I wouldn’t consider small. I hate to speculate and lead you down the wrong path but I think it probably won’t be too small. As a frame of reference, I’m average height, thin, and wouldn‘t consider my hands small or narrow (m/l glove size) and I can easily wear a 54 mm bangle. I don’t have flexible hands either. Anyway, hopefully others can weigh in but that is my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 5 8 with biggish hands (and now fat fingers) and can get a 60mm bangle on.
Round bangles are much easier to put on with a plastic bag (put hand inside plastic bag) and K Y gel or similar over the top of the plastic. You use like a corkscrew motion.
I’ve seen people wearing “tiny” Jade bangles, literally just bigger than the wrist because that’s the preferred way to wear a bangle.
Don’t worry it will fit.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mrs-b ive had a chat with your name sake tree in the back yard (who i can now see out the kitchen window while sitting down in the lounge)
We have desided due to the amazing high caliber of your jewel collection it is highly unlikely you have made a screw up with the size

Fingers & toes and branches & twigs crossed for you and your very lucky God daughter and coming from someone with short stubby fingers and small but wide hands

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That would be equivalent to a 60 mm bangle which I wouldn’t consider small. I hate to speculate and lead you down the wrong path but I think it probably won’t be too small. As a frame of reference, I’m average height, thin, and wouldn‘t consider my hands small or narrow (m/l glove size) and I can easily wear a 54 mm bangle. I don’t have flexible hands either. Anyway, hopefully others can weigh in but that is my 2 cents.

@Rhd3 -

Thank you so much - that was very helpful! My god daughter is quite slim, so I'm thinking this would *have* to fit her! It's her birthday today and she's flying home from UC Berkeley this morning and I'll give her her gift after dinner this evening. I'll let you know if it all goes according to plan!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m 5 8 with biggish hands (and now fat fingers) and can get a 60mm bangle on.
Round bangles are much easier to put on with a plastic bag (put hand inside plastic bag) and K Y gel or similar over the top of the plastic. You use like a corkscrew motion.
I’ve seen people wearing “tiny” Jade bangles, literally just bigger than the wrist because that’s the preferred way to wear a bangle.
Don’t worry it will fit.

@Bron357! THat's a GREAT idea! Hopefully it won't come to the KY Jelly + plastic bag stage - but if it does, that's an awesome back up! Thank you so much!

I'll update this thread tomorrow and let you know if it was ok. I think I just freaked out when I saw how tiny it was compared to mine; I like my bangles loose, so there's a big difference between this new one and my old ones!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b ive had a chat with your name sake tree in the back yard (who i can now see out the kitchen window while sitting down in the lounge)
We have desided due to the amazing high caliber of your jewel collection it is highly unlikely you have made a screw up with the size

Fingers & toes and branches & twigs crossed for you and your very lucky God daughter and coming from someone with short stubby fingers and small but wide hands

Awwww - thank you, @Daisys and Diamonds! <3

Pls say hallo to my namesake tree for me and tell her I said she's very beautiful and doing a great tree-job!

And thank you for the encouragement; here's hoping I've got this right!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
If it makes you feel any better, I am 5’3” and wear a size 8.5 shoe (9 now that I’m pregnant, I’m a hobbit! :(() but my wrist is 6.5” around and my bangles have an inner circumference of 7”. I also have large hands. Like… my 6’ tall male friend and I have the same sized hands ;(. It sounds to me like it’ll fit her just fine.

7.46 is a reasonably large bangle size. You don’t want a round bangle that’s too big because then there’s a fear that it can slip off. I think you should be fine! I’m 5’2”, with a size 8 (US) foot, have comparatively “big” hands and a “large frame”, and I wear a 7.06 bangle.

Slipping a bangle on is more about thumb manipulation than anything else. If you push on the part where your thumb meets your palm (from the outside) it’ll help your thumb knuckle clear the bangle. After that it’ll slip right on. Using pantyhose to help glide it on also helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results