shape
carat
color
clarity

OGI MegaScope report, the ultimate data??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shave

Rough_Rock
I have been reading this site a while and know about Sarin, OGI MegaScope, Brilliance Scope, Ideal Scope, and Firescope.

Both Sarin and Megascope provide "hard" data on the cut, and Megascope includes all Sarin data plus more. I mean the "full" Megascope reports for example : http://niceice.com/certcopies/ags0005438001/ags0005438001msr.jpg

The rest of the three scopes are more visual and subjective...

Does a perfect Megascope report always mean great results on Brilliance Scope, Ideal Scope and Firescope? Is Megascope the ultimate cut report?

-shave

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A megascope and a Sarin report are pretty much equivalent. While I own both a full size Sarin I also have a up to date Megascope so I'm not guessing. Truthfully, there is an even more accurate measuring device just coming into the market. And, I will soon have it operational in my office.....For now, the Megascope or Sarin reports seem pretty much accepted and "accurate enough" for what we generally need.

Measurements alone do not constitute a true estimation of light behavior. What if the stone was a little cloudy, what if there was strong UV fluorescence, what if the diamond was a black-opaque stone? Measurements would never be up to this task, but I know they can be helpful as a screening tool. Diamonds with strange measurements may have great light performance, but most of them will look strange. If you want the accpted norm in appearance and excellent light behavior, you will then need to stick to the familiar range of cut parameters.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which cut grading scale are you going to use on your Ogi scope?
HRD, IGI, AGS, CGL, EGL (you can not use GIA because they do not have one) or HCA?

Since none of the above is satisfied with their current scales (me included), the tool would seem to be just another tool - an this one has no way for an inesxperianced person to use it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like a lot of things in the diamond world its better
than nothing but not great.

Its my understanding that its accuracy is about the same as the sarin in other words laughable in comparision to the tools used in some other fields.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you'd like further input on both Sarin & OGI (we've got both) with examples drop me a PM and I'll forward you links to the data as I am forbidden to link you here on the forum even if only for educational purposes. Both companies make more than one model and while the OGI is good, there's much more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results