shape
carat
color
clarity

Off Topic.........Hello......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to say "hello" to all of you. I have been on nights & the world always seems to stop when that happens. If you dont work shifts, then you just dont know.
sad.gif
I''ll try to get to more posts at some point this weekend.

Have a great weekend,

Judy
:)

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Judy
1.gif
You do the same
wavey.gif

The night shift is a tough one .

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Hi Judy....wow, I love your name
Esspecially since mine's the same!

Thanks for nursing in the CCU
There's a big demand for folks like you!
wavey.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, maybe you can give my threads some attention. I don't think I'm too popular and since I'm new I could use lots of answers and opinions.

By the way, nice avatar! Does anyone know how to add a custom avatar? I would rather know what everyone looks like, I see Old Miner and Rick Sherwood. And I saw a big picture of Mara (another thing I can't figure out how to do). I love pictures.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lanee--If you are really nice to Tim, he may let you send him a picture, which he will then work his magic upon, culminating in a nice new avatar for yourself.

Tim?
9.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Judy,
I am a Nurse too, I work in Neonatal ICU. I work nights, too, so I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes, when I am off, all I want to do is sleep all day!
How long have you been doing nights?
I have been doing it for two years now. I used to work evenings, which I always thought was the best shift, but due to the family situation, I had to start working nights!
Anyway, keep up the good work!
Good Night!

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Gonna be some sweet sounds
comin' down on the nightshift.

I bet you're singin' proud
oh I bet you pull a crowd.

Gonna be a long night
it's gonna be all right
on the nightshift.

You found another home
I know you're not alone
on the nightshift.

One of my favs - R/A

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
You have seen my hiking pictures , here is myself as the customers see me
1.gif

corey9.gif

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Here I am at the bottom of the Grand Canyon after a week.
Now you have seen the best and worst of me
1.gif

02beardlt.jpg

guslik

Shiny_Rock
hi Iceman
I like the pic. from Grand Canyon better
loopy.gif

anyway , thanks for sharing
wavey.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Group,
I'm back to the land of the living now, well this week anyway.
2.gif

Kayla, nice to see a fellow RN on the board.
1.gif
I've been doing a lot of nights lately as thats the shift with the greatest need so if you want some overtime, thats how to get it. In my hospital, the critical care units have a 2Day shift then 2 Night shift then 5 day off option. Thats the one I'm on. I love it. And most times, it doesnt feel like you're doing 50% nights at all. In fact, I know of quite a few other hospitals in my city that do this. This type of scheduling is supposed to reduce burn out in critic care areas. Best wishes in Neonatal ICU. That unit would break my heart.

Judy
:)

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, Thanks. I'm going to try Tim. I love your power puff girl avatar. I'm torn between posting something I like or just a pic of me. Of course, if Tim well help me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lanee. I chose the Powerpuff girl icon just because I already had it on my AOL IM program and it was easy to copy over!
1.gif
Tim made me some great avatars with my picture and/or my Buttercup animation, but I decided that I liked being somewhat anonymous (figured not everyone will have seen my posted picture!) and didn't want my face plastered against every post...but maybe I'll change my mind later. Tim can do some cool stuff...haven't seen him around lately, he must be busy!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results