shape
carat
color
clarity

# of facets

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by first123, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. first123
    Rough_Rock

by first123 » Jul 31, 2008
    Are all RB diamonds supposed to have the same # of facets? .....at least the well cut ones.

2. Lorelei
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Lorelei » Jul 31, 2008

Usually modern round brilliant diamonds with no, none, or pointed culets are 57 facet diamonds, whereas those with a culet have 58 facets.

3. denverboy
    Shiny_Rock

by denverboy » Jul 31, 2008
    Yes most will be standard.
    you''ll see some stores with their "signature cuts" having more facets, as though that equates to a better diamond. But IMO the ones I''ve seen w/ more facets (80-90 facets I think) looked ugly

4. first123
    Rough_Rock

by first123 » Jul 31, 2008
    OK thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I recently decidecd to purchase a stone from WF instead of using a family friend who is a jewler and works out of her house. I think my parents will be confused as to why I didnt use her. There were several reasons why I didnt use her and the biggest of which was that she didnt take me seriously when I told her what I wanted and she also kept saying things like how ridiculous it is that "kids" these days spend $10,000+ on engagement rings. When I asked if she had access to any hearts and arrows stones she said she had no idea what that was and she would stay away bc they prob have too many facets anyway.

5. Lorelei
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Lorelei » Jul 31, 2008
    Hearts and arrows doesn't relate to the facets. You weren't asking for her judgement on your choices, so good for you for buying elsewhere. You bought a lovely ACA?

6. Ellen
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Ellen » Jul 31, 2008
    And that is the reason you can give your parents as to why you didn''t use her (along with an explanation of what her statement is really saying). [​IMG]

I think you made a very good choice.

7. rcrosier
    Shiny_Rock

by rcrosier » Jul 31, 2008
    Haha... Thats so funny...

You know, it took many doctors a long time to accept x-ray technology as well when it first came on the scene. Now it''s one of the most used applications in the medical industry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.