shape
carat
color
clarity

# of facets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

first123

Rough_Rock
Are all RB diamonds supposed to have the same # of facets? .....at least the well cut ones.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Usually modern round brilliant diamonds with no, none, or pointed culets are 57 facet diamonds, whereas those with a culet have 58 facets.

denverboy

Shiny_Rock
Yes most will be standard.
you''ll see some stores with their "signature cuts" having more facets, as though that equates to a better diamond. But IMO the ones I''ve seen w/ more facets (80-90 facets I think) looked ugly

first123

Rough_Rock
OK thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I recently decidecd to purchase a stone from WF instead of using a family friend who is a jewler and works out of her house. I think my parents will be confused as to why I didnt use her. There were several reasons why I didnt use her and the biggest of which was that she didnt take me seriously when I told her what I wanted and she also kept saying things like how ridiculous it is that "kids" these days spend $10,000+ on engagement rings. When I asked if she had access to any hearts and arrows stones she said she had no idea what that was and she would stay away bc they prob have too many facets anyway.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2008 12:31:35 PM
Author: first123
OK thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I recently decidecd to purchase a stone from WF instead of using a family friend who is a jewler and works out of her house. I think my parents will be confused as to why I didnt use her. There were several reasons why I didnt use her and the biggest of which was that she didnt take me seriously when I told her what I wanted and she also kept saying things like how ridiculous it is that 'kids' these days spend $10,000+ on engagement rings. When I asked if she had access to any hearts and arrows stones she said she had no idea what that was and she would stay away bc they prob have too many facets anyway.
Hearts and arrows doesn't relate to the facets. You weren't asking for her judgement on your choices, so good for you for buying elsewhere. You bought a lovely ACA?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I recently decidecd to purchase a stone from WF instead of using a family friend who is a jewler and works out of her house. I think my parents will be confused as to why I didnt use her. There were several reasons why I didnt use her and the biggest of which was that she didnt take me seriously when I told her what I wanted and she also kept saying things like how ridiculous it is that ''kids'' these days spend $10,000+ on engagement rings. When I asked if she had access to any hearts and arrows stones she said she had no idea what that was and she would stay away bc they prob have too many facets anyway.
And that is the reason you can give your parents as to why you didn''t use her (along with an explanation of what her statement is really saying).
2.gif

I think you made a very good choice.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
OK thanks guys. The reason I asked is because I recently decidecd to purchase a stone from WF instead of using a family friend who is a jewler and works out of her house. I think my parents will be confused as to why I didnt use her. There were several reasons why I didnt use her and the biggest of which was that she didnt take me seriously when I told her what I wanted and she also kept saying things like how ridiculous it is that ''kids'' these days spend $10,000+ on engagement rings. When I asked if she had access to any hearts and arrows stones she said she had no idea what that was and she would stay away bc they prob have too many facets anyway.
Haha... Thats so funny...

You know, it took many doctors a long time to accept x-ray technology as well when it first came on the scene. Now it''s one of the most used applications in the medical industry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results