shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC studs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Adam at Old World Diamonds (what a nice man he is!) matched up this pair of 5.2mm L VS1 OECs for a pair of stud earrings. I think the diamonds are fantastic, at least from the picture. I''m also attaching a picture of some antique studs whose setting I really love I thought I would have reproduced. Do you all think it''s crazy to have that much detail on something nobody will see? I just like the idea of having a real heirloom pair that someone might buy in an auction 100 years from now.

Alternatively, I was going to put them in the usual milgrained bezels which I like with engraving around the side of the bezels. Again, silly, because nobody will see it but I like it.

OLD-WORLD[1].jpg

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the setting

hugeoecs2[1].jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Those are just gorgeous TG, and they match so perfectly.
Just spectacular!
Wear them in the best of health!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
They are stunning!! I so want to reset my OEC studs.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Adam really is a treasure. Now you see why I encourage people to check out Old World
2.gif

I love your diamonds. The setting you pictured is beautiful but I''m not a fan of screw backs. Been there, tired of fiddling with them. Can''t wait to see your finished product
36.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Your OEC bezels are going to be gorgeous! I hope you get them soon.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Thery''re BEAUTIFUL!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I
30.gif
the settings!!!! Just stunning!
36.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
they are beautiful!!!

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
Wow! Those OEC''s look stunning from the picture, and I love the setting! As far as the detail goes, I think that is what really sets your pair of studs apart. It certainly adds to the "antique feel" and makes it more one-of-a-kind heirloom piece that you are going for. Plus, you will know the details are there, and that alone would just bring me satisfaction every time I wore them. So, I really do think it''s worth it and feel you won''t regret going with the detail.
However, I do agree with Purrfectpear that screw back earrings can be a real pain, especially if you wear the earrings frequently or are in a rush when you put them on. I would change the clasp to a push back or alternative clasp, but that is just my personal patience level speaking.
1.gif

Going with the bezel setting you described also sounds stunning, especially with an OEC. Either way they are going to turn out gorgeously!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
I love your pair and the antique studs are to DIE for. Go for it – sensational all around! One caveat: I''m another one not in favor of the screw backs... the only studs that I "almost" lost (more than once) as I fiddled FOREVER getting them secure in my ears had those darned screw backs.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Stones and those settings both look AMAZING - nothing wrong with details others can''t see, as long as they make you happy
2.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones and earring design. Along with others said, screw backs aren''t all their cracked up to be. On my first set of studs the back would unscrew all the time and it continually needed to be tightened back up. Oh, and I''m not sure I''d (personally) shell out the bucks to have such a detailed setting.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! Those will be amazing!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The setting is beautiful!
30.gif
and your new stones are going to be perfect. Guess who is going to check out Old world diamonds right now?
31.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
They are glorious!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love them!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!!! What an amazing setting!! Gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there''s anything wrong with putting the stones in an ornate setting! If it makes you happy - go for it! The stones look lovely!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, those are incredible
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOAH! BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE THE SETTING!
30.gif

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap, those are gorgeous! No, I don''t think that it is crazy to have detail where nobody can see it. I myself have my eye on these settings from Infinity Line.

Cool stud settings

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
WOWZA! Those stones are beautiful!!! I was looking for a pair of OEC but finding a good match is SO hard! Think Adam did a great job!!

I got a stone from Adam recently and he is indeed very nice and patient with me :)

Love the setting as well.

It''s going to be BEAUTIFUL.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those stones are gorgeous
30.gif
and the settings are a great choice. I don''t think it''s too much at all. I love the antiquey style to go with the old cut stones. I can''t wait to see those puppies set. Congrats!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Exquisite!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the input! Setting No. 1 is underway. I''m having it be white gold with the band separating the top part and the bottom part rose gold. Now that''s obsessive!

I found that picture of the setting here on PS months ago. I don''t know who posted it anymore but I saved it and thank you very much.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, those will be quite beautiful....

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh that looks fantastic,,,, can''t wait for more pics... yes, the ear pics
1.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Oh my! Those are AMAZING!!
36.gif
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, those diamonds are gorgeous!!!!!!

I think the basket of the earring is really dependent upon how you feel about it. I love to take tons of macro pics of jewelry, so I''m on the "go for it" boat!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results