shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC in Antique Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ML2014

Rough_Rock
OK, I think I can call this an antique. It was my grandmother''s engagement ring. I don''t know the specs, but I''ve been told it is an Old European Cut diamond, around .75 carats. I have no idea about the color or clarity. The setting is original and the ring was presented to her in the early to mid 1920''s.

After seeing all of the beautiful rings here I thought I''d share this one. It has lots of detailing and definitely has an art deco feel to it. The setting is platinum and there are 2 surprise diamonds above and below the main stone.

OEC 1.jpg

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Another one...

OEC 2.jpg

ML2014

Rough_Rock
And one more....

OEC 4.jpg

piccolascimmia

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I love it! Its beautiful, and how wonderful to have the family history attached to it! Gorgeous!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful! What a treasure!!!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love your omc. what a special and beautiful ring.

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Thank you! It''s funny, the pictures really do show that it is a round diamond but in person, most folks don''t think it is (because the setting is square). I loved this ring as a child- it''s the one piece that started my infatuation with fine jewelry.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and what a special piece!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! I am used to older diamonds having a warm color to them but yours looks really white. It is stunning!!! Congrats in having something so precious!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, how lucky you are to have your Grandmother''s engagement ring!! Such a gorgeous treasure. I love the stone and the setting. It''s just beautiful!

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG....it really is absolutely beautiful....a real treasure...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Your grandmother''s ring just takes my breath away Kajamie!! It''s lovely
30.gif
6.gif
1.gif
6.gif
30.gif

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sure is beautiful.
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Only one word comes to mind....beautiful!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that setting and OEC are devine! And it''s even more special because of the history behind it. It''s beautiful!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is lovely! How special to have a family treasure like that. Thanks for sharing.

a

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Treasure indeed!! I love these family heirlooms, they are priceless in my book. The detailing of the setting is sooo pretty. I love love the older cuts, they just get me every time!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, so very pretty!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful! Definitely a treasure!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful ring!! You are so fortunate!! Wear it with joy!!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
What a great setting! It reminds me of the Empire State Building, Very Art Deco.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
That is just beautiful, and the notion it is part of your family history makes it priceless....

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It''s fabo! I love that style and the OECs! It''s even better with the family history behind it!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes! Very Empire State Building! Lovely, and even more wonderful that it was your grandmothers...wear it in good health! Oh, and please do get it appraised and then come back and tell us all about it..please????

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Oh, wow, such a beautiful treasure!

I love that it was your grandmother''s.

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/4/2007 2:53:48 PM
Author: surfgirl
Yes! Very Empire State Building! Lovely, and even more wonderful that it was your grandmothers...wear it in good health! Oh, and please do get it appraised and then come back and tell us all about it..please????
Surfgirl- you made me laugh!

I always thought I loved this setting, but over the years, I''ve come to think of it as rather mechanical looking - but you nailed the decscription! I''ve been thinking of having it reset (if they would be able to save the original setting), but I am sure I''ll talk myself out of it. I just don''t think the setting brings out the beauty of the diamond at all.

I do plan to have it appraised soon- maybe I''ll take it into NYC one of these days.

Thank you to everyone for all of the really nice things you''ve said about the ring!
1.gif

ML2014

Rough_Rock
Vintagegirl- just saw your post so I want to give you a shout out for naming my ring (Empire State Building).
1.gif

OK, fireworks going off now and little ones scared so I gotta run- thanks to all!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so wonderful! Treasure it!
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results