shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
This has to be my favorite piece in my meager collection...I just love it...now if I could only find a competent jeweler to size it
emsmile.gif
...nobody wants to touch it...if anyone could shed some light on the period of the piece that would be lovely...I *think* it''s from the 1920''s and are OEC''s...I''m no expert that''s for sure...

NColpittsOEC.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Okay...now that I''ve figured out how to add pictures, here is a side view...

NColpittsOECSideview.jpg

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Well now...that wasn''t a very good pic...*sigh*...sorry about that...

NColpittsOECSideview3.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! Gorgeous!

May I ask where you found it? I love hearing where people find their lovely antique and vintage pieces!

Do you have any closer photos of the stones? Is it platinum?

It is a very beautiful ring. Love the filigree too!!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
I don''t mind at all! I bought it on E-Bay (for $451 USD) , from a gal in NYC in 2004...it is 18K white gold...I think .75 tcw...I''ll try to get shot close up...but I''m so bad at pics...LOL let me give it a try...

NColpittsOECCloseUP1.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 10:15:43 AM
Author: fairwayflunkie
I don't mind at all! I bought it on E-Bay (for $451 USD) , from a gal in NYC in 2004...it is 18K white gold...I think .75 tcw...I'll try to get shot close up...but I'm so bad at pics...LOL let me give it a try...
Thanks! It is really pretty. I've seen similar OEC cluster rings on eBay recently, but with smaller stones and certainly not with filigree!!

Can you see open culets in the stones? I am really quite nutty about those open culets! I don't know why, but I am just so happy to see them whenever I buy off of eBay (which now, is only two OECs, but still, and really small stones, last one was .20 and part of a pendant, but I could still see the open culet!!) There was a five stone OEC ring that I was interested in, but they said you could not see the culet by eye, so I gave up on that one.

Oh, and Welcome to PS!!!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Yes you can see the open culets (smaller than a mine cut though) and only with the loupe...thanks for the welcome!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty ring!!!!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
It''s lovely, what a pretty piece!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a wonderful example of filigree! It''s so crisp and geometric. I would say this is probably from the 1920s and die stamped rather than cast.

Great ring!

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 1:14:17 PM
Author: glitterata
Wow, what a wonderful example of filigree! It''s so crisp and geometric. I would say this is probably from the 1920s and die stamped rather than cast.

Great ring!
I second this!! The filigree is absolute perfection!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all! Well I didn''t know about stamping vs cast. I love it when I learn something new! I love the thinness of the shank really comfortable to wear. It''s about 1/4 size too small
8.gif
the local jewellers won''t resize because of the way the shank is made. I can wear it when my hands are cold
9.gif
I guess I''ll have to bite the bullet and lose weight...what a concept losing weight to wear a ring
11.gif
, I bet they never thought of that in weight loss promos on TV
3.gif

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 1:22:35 PM
Author: fairwayflunkie
Thanks all! Well I didn''t know about stamping vs cast. I love it when I learn something new! I love the thinness of the shank really comfortable to wear. It''s about 1/4 size too small
8.gif
the local jewellers won''t resize because of the way the shank is made. I can wear it when my hands are cold
9.gif
I guess I''ll have to bite the bullet and lose weight...what a concept losing weight to wear a ring
11.gif
, I bet they never thought of that in weight loss promos on TV
3.gif
I just had my original ER-- an OEC in its original mounting sized up 1/4-- you could have it re-shanked-- which I''ve also done with this same ring. I will post pix when I get it back.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's pretty! Is that cluster style associated with any particular period?

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Harriet...I''m guessing that''s it''s around maybe 1910-1930, don''t really know...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results