shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC 5 Stone Graduated Suite, where to source?

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I am looking to source an OEC 5 stone graduated suite. Center around 6.8mm, then 5.7ish, then 4.2ish mm. I don't know where to start. Anyone know of any sources for this kind of thing?
Thanks!

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Two excellent suggestions already given.
Have you looked for existing rings/brooches with these stones that you can have set the way you want?
I wouldn’t send multiple vendors on a search, but I would contact multiple to see what they happened to have.

If you reach out to OWD, give him your budget and parameters of stats/shape/facet flavor. If he doesn’t come back to you in a decent timeframe, or flat out tells you your budget is unrealistic-
Troll thru his listings, pull 2-3 choices for each size you need (get close in table/depth/culet size) that fit your parameters ( and of course you may have to relax these) and your budget, and contact again to ask to see paired photos. Facet style may not match, or they may, or they might be complimentary.
I know his listed prices have wriggle room, but don’t know how much. So up your budget a bit in your search.

This is a good exercise to clarify what you are looking for, and what you are willing to bend on.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is, like, the hardest thing to find in diamond land! Are you prepared for the "hunt" taking a long time?

The center stone will be easiest to find IMO. I'd start looking for the two pairs. You likely need a vendor to do it for you.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
I'm seeing that after just one day. Not sure my holiday stressed brain can handle it. May have to defer this to after the holidays and family visits. I agree, the 2 smaller sets will be harder to find. Thanks

jeweln

Brilliant_Rock
Does Sako of cicada have a website ?
His items on Instagram don't have a price ? (sorry never used their website before ) .

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
Does Sako of cicada have a website ?
His items on Instagram don't have a price ? (sorry never used their website before ) .

He is easy enough to DM and he responds, however, I could not get him to quote me prices for what I was looking for :wall:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is easy enough to DM and he responds, however, I could not get him to quote me prices for what I was looking for :wall:

like he was waiting for you to offer a price first? Or they weren’t really for sale?
Weird.

clearfading

Shiny_Rock
like he was waiting for you to offer a price first? Or they weren’t really for sale?
Weird.

Like he wanted to make the setting too, when I said I had already sourced the setting but he insisted on seeing what setting I had in mind. When I sent it to him he said he can't compete with David Klass' pricing. All I wanted from him were the stones but he never quoted me a price on a 5 stone suite. The 2 things I asked about on his page were sold already but he said he had more like it. He kept asking what prices I had already been quoted and said he can't beat David Klass but his craftsmanship is much better and it was up to me.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie I would not dream of piecing together two pairs +1

_

There is some number of these on 1st dibs -

www 0.66

www 1.36

www 5.30

There are many, I wonder if there is any bargain left anywhere.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like he wanted to make the setting too, when I said I had already sourced the setting but he insisted on seeing what setting I had in mind. When I sent it to him he said he can't compete with David Klass' pricing. All I wanted from him were the stones but he never quoted me a price on a 5 stone suite. The 2 things I asked about on his page were sold already but he said he had more like it. He kept asking what prices I had already been quoted and said he can't beat David Klass but his craftsmanship is much better and it was up to me.

I guess he can create the niche he wants to cater to. Nothing wrong with that.
But not sure how I would feel about wanting to spend money with a vendor that was so concerned firstly about what my quotes were from other vendors?

your stones will pop up! Somewhere!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

I have a few projects in the works with him. I find just being really direct is best if you have a very specific question. He's super nice, friendly and wants to help. Maybe say I just want the stones, what would it cost for x parcel without a setting, because I only want the stones. That is, if you haven't already.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I guess he can create the niche he wants to cater to. Nothing wrong with that.
But not sure how I would feel about wanting to spend money with a vendor that was so concerned firstly about what my quotes were from other vendors?

your stones will pop up! Somewhere!

I think he wants to get sure his pricing isn't out of line. They do a ton of work for vendors as the bench and creating pieces that we have seen here. I think they are trying to find footing with what they should charge for a direct project at times.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he wants to get sure his pricing isn't out of line. They do a ton of work for vendors as the bench and creating pieces that we have seen here. I think they are trying to find footing with what they should charge for a direct project at times.

I get that.
He worked on a ring of mine I got thru TGP/DK.
If benches choose to work direct to consumers and thru jewelers - If they don’t have their boundaries/policies set, it could get sticky with what they say about and what they charge between direct consumers and jewelers.

Q

Queenie60

Reach out to Diamonds By Lauren. David has many stones and might have a suite of OEC's. Ya never know!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex park? Or Caysie too....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dreamer_dachsie I would not dream of piecing together two pairs +1

LOL.. me neither! It is impossible IMO. Or would take years. I know of a couple of PSers who did it. At least ended up with rather rustic, eclectice (i.e. mismatched) suites.

Graduates five stones in true antique setting are actually pretty common, but not in the sizes OP wants. At least not available to the general public.

I agree this is a job for a vendor. OWD is the most likely bet.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd advise using a diamond vendor and not a setting maker to source several stones like this (Sako isn't going to have a large collection of diamonds..he is primarily a setting maker and does rehab on antique settings). It's not their primary business and costs them money to bring in stones. The exception would be if using Caysie and having her get Yoram to cut specific stones, and of course, that's 1000 times easier (and somewhat higher in price) than sourcing 2 matched pairs of antique OECs and a center stone.

Old World Diamonds clearly is going to have the largest selection which will help greatly in finding 2 matched pairs close in color and cut plus the middle stone.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I get that.
He worked on a ring of mine I got thru TGP/DK.
If benches choose to work direct to consumers and thru jewelers - If they don’t have their boundaries/policies set, it could get sticky with what they say about and what they charge between direct consumers and jewelers.

Hmm, maybe this explains things. I went to him for stones and asked about a reproduction. The back and forth on IG practically has me in tears. I am taking the advice on here and trying to be as direct as possible but feeling like messages get missed a or misunderstood and then I am penalized with more CAD fees. My biggest frustration is I cant get a price quote. On anything. I need to decide on stones I own or ones he supplies but I cant get a price.
Sorry to thread Jack, I'm just being a stress case over here

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results