shape
carat
color
clarity

obligatory shiny thread :P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
yes there will be pictures, and sorry for posting and running- dallas-fort worth had free internet (yay!) but it was horribly slow and it was my longest lay-over (all of 30 minutes). that and my school doesn''t generally recognize national government holidays so i took two days off from class for that trip and i''ll be caught up in about 12-ish hours, at which point i''ll add nicely sized pics.

story: well i was sure i wasn''t going to get it this trip, which is why i didn''t ask for dust. i was even more sure i wasn''t going to get it after dressing up for two consecutive nights out (he had planned on asking me on a walk along the river after the musical, but he forgot the ring lol) so it was sunday, my last night there, and we were at his friend''s for a cook-out. M was ''baby-sitting'' the three year old, as in he was running around with him on his shoulders and playing with his toys (the kid loves M to death and was less than happy that "his bam" had someone else that he wanted to sit and hold. it was absolutely adorable) and i got the 1 year old half the time, so i was sure nothing was going to happen.

we had started a drinking board game since it was time for the boys to go to bed, but with all the company they were too excited to, so i took M''s little friend to his room since he was about to fall asleep and told M to relax and play the game. a little later the kid''s mom came in and said i really didn''t have to and asked if i knew where M went. i found him outside and we went for a walk, and he explained that he had been trying to leave, and i couldn''t figure out why (he''s the one who makes me socialize when i visit) and then he proposed, which i would say made everything make sense, but my head didn''t clear up for some reason for a few hours.

so we went back in, M''s little friend tackled both of us, and we took him to his room and watched a bee''s life until he dozed off then celebrated with everyone for a few minutes before leaving.

i''ll post pics tonight when i get back from work, he picked it out all by himself too. so i got the "do you even know how many options there were? i had the hardest time figuring out what in the world to get and it took me forever to decide" bit from him, all in fun of course.

stats:
Round brilliant, .31 carat, I, VS2, strong blue florescence, excellent cut. setting is 6 prong solitaire in white gold.

see i finally got around to posting half-ish of my obligated shiny thread! silly classes.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
WHAT?!?!?!?

CONGRATS!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can''t wait to see pics!!!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Mazel tov!!!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
CONGRATS! Can''t wait for the pics when you''re all caught up
1.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Yay Squirrely!

Such an unexpected proposal!

Congratulations! I hope school ezes up a bit soon.

Enjoy being engaged!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!

Dang girl I had to read paragraphs before you spilled the beans! My eyes kept skimming and darting, but not catching the news. YOU''RE ENGAGED!
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congratulations!!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! congrats!! I can''t wait to see pics
1.gif

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, lady!
Can''t wait to see pics!
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Aw, congrats! Unexpected proposals are the best!

36.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congrats! Can''t wait to see it!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! Can''t wait to see pictures!!!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Squirrly!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yay! Congrats! Cant wait to see pics!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Congrats Squirrly!

Good thing I popped in today!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yay congrats!!!!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see it!!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, congratulations Squirrly! Can''t wait to see pictures.
1.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
the "obligatory shiny thread" is lacking a shiny!
:) hee hee
5.gif

congratulations! can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats congrats...let''s see that shiny!!!
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
*taps foot*
ahem...pictures?

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
what a fantastic proposal, awwwa bees life!!!!
can''t wait to see pictures lady!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
much much overdue pictures (though if it makes you feel any better i haven''t even had the time to go tell my grandparents i''m engaged, and both sets live in my town)

this is my shiny, sorry i also haven''t had time to trim or do anything with my nails

longoverduepic1.JPG

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
and my dad is a semi-pro photographer too... ah well i may ask to borrow his good digital soon, though his best cameras are the film variety.

i give you what the side of my ring looks like in motion!

veryblurryneedmacrolens.JPG

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Squirrly!! I can''t believe I didn''t see this earlier! Thank goodness you came back and posted a picture!
2.gif

Congratulations!!!!! Very sweet story, and that ring looks just perfect on you.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
well i have a pic of my ring in a rosebud but it won''t load right now, so how about a llama?

obligatoryllamashot.JPG

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Oh, Squirrly, it''s so pretty!
And, I must say, it looks fantasticcc on your finger!
2.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
the day before proposal in a cave (yes i know, i am pointing out the obvious) hey when i fall off the face of the earth i at least make an attempt to hide
3.gif

ifelloffthefaceoftheearthintoacave.JPG

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
so our post-engagement photo-shoot was done by two um slightly tipsy ladies. that''d be why i''m laughing so hard.

wemadeourretreat.JPG

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
and this is where i ran off to last weekend instead of posting. it''s called garden of the gods. with huge pretty rocks, although not as shiny as the ones on here

forgivemebecauseitspretty.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results