shape
carat
color
clarity

O.k Time for Change!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!
This is my first time popping (or should I say barely squeezing) in to this section!
However, I was looking online to purchase a new dress for a wedding that my FI is the best man in on Oct 15th and I measured myself for the first time in a year...

Let''s just say I know that I have gained weight but that was a sobering reality today. I have a small bust but the hips, not so much! (Pear shaped is an understatement!)

Anyway, I was in the Army for a while during my college days and when I was healthiest, and happiest, I was around 130. (I am about 5''6). Now I am about 158
14.gif

I know what to do....I just have had a difficult emotional time lately with a ton of life changes going on and my comfort is of course, eating....

Now it''s time to do something. Obesity, heart disease and diabetes all run on the mom''s side of my family and my dad''s side had alcoholism. So, with those being said I need help with some motivation to stay on track!

I have done a variety of things (Eating for Life/Body for Life (awesome program) and Nutrisystem (really boring and expensive but it served its purpose) )

My two biggest habits to kick are soda and carb-laden food. I am not much of a sweets person but the bread and pasta items see to do me in...Oh and cheese....lol...

So, I am stopping by this section of the forum for tims, motivation, whatever it may be...

Or a just swift kick in the bootie!

Thanks for listening!
PD
35.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Why should we kick you for deciding to make good changes?
9.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Lol...I need a kick in the butt to get motivated....

I am starting tomorrow to eat healthier.

My frame of mind is going to be that I control the food, not the food controlling me.

It''s harder than it looks but it''s all about working on it one meal at a time.....If I look at the big picture, it will discourage me...seriously...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to wish you well on your journey to a healthier self! It can be so fun to see your body change and it will feel so great to get healthy again. If you need encouragement check out the WWTer thread, it''s a great source of inspiration and motivation for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/24/2008 8:42:41 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Just wanted to wish you well on your journey to a healthier self! It can be so fun to see your body change and it will feel so great to get healthy again. If you need encouragement check out the WWTer thread, it''s a great source of inspiration and motivation for me.
Ditto to what Kimi says. Just work on changing and improving your health one day at a time. I use portion control and count calories and it has worked great for me. If I really want to eat something, I just work it in to my calories. Good luck. I hope to see you in the HLTer thread.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! Welcome,
I am 23- and in a similar boat...I''ve recently lost 40 pounds :) and am continuing the journey!
You can totally get it done, and the fact that your bf is healthy is PERFECT!! :)
I live with a bf who doesn''t so I''ve been on my own.

I totally blame myself, it got way easier to eat out then to make anything at home!
my "trick" (or as friends continue to ask..secret) is nutrition.. I like you, am very proportioned despite the fact that I am heavier.
In terms of "physical activity" all I do (until I can get motivated to tone up) is walk my little dog for about an hour a night- BUT like I said, the food...its allllll about the food! haha.
I''ve started a Billy Blaine dvd..hahaha it kicked me hard!

So all this rambling to say- YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Losing weight is one of the hardest things to do -- but you can do it! I, too, am an emotional eater (um, I gained 50 pounds when I broke up with my ex...years later, still trying to take it off) But you seem to have the right mentality, just remember that weight loss really boils down to just that...your mental state. So stay strong, take each day as it comes, and don''t get discouraged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results