shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC recs?

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
Apologies if this is the wrong place for this - I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in Hangout. Please let me know if I should request for this to be moved.

I have some pieces (earrings, pendant, and bracelet) that I'd like to get tested to see if there are real diamonds or not. I have my suspicions, but I'd like some confirmation. Should I be going to an appraiser for this? Or just a jeweler? Does anyone have any recommendations of where I can go, particularly in the lower Manhattan area, maybe near/around the World Trade Path station? Obviously somewhere I can trust, but also somewhere nice where they won't make me feel bad if it turns out they're not real (because sadly, I suspect they're not).

On a related note, I have another bracelet that I was told is white gold but obviously isn't as the "white gold" on the underside (where the bracelet touches my skin) is wearing away and revealing some sort of base metal. I think at best it might have been white gold plated? Not sure. In any case though, I am sentimental about this one and am wondering if I might be able to get it re-plated? I know you can rhodium plate/re-plate regular white gold pieces, but I'm not sure how re-plating would work when the base metal isn't already white gold. Would I be looking to rhodium plate this bracelet? Or, assuming that it was originally white gold plated, would I be looking to get it re-plated in white gold? Is it silly to even consider this for a piece that obviously isn't fine jewelry?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd call up David wolf and confirm he offers those services. My friend went to him and was happy with his services.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results