shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC Antique Jewelry Stores - List and Questions :)

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I may be headed back to NYC soon and thought I would check out the wares at some antique jewelry stores/antique dealers. Since I'll have limited time I'm hoping to get feedback on worthwhile stores to visit. Mostly window shopping but who knows :)

Any feedback (overall prices, amount of stock, friendliness of staff, etc.) would be appreciated! Also, am I missing any stores that are worth a visit? Thanks! Here's my list, in no particular order:

Verma Estate Jewelers
Erstwhile
Estate Diamond Jewelry
Victor Barbone
Israel Rose
Leigh Jay Nacht
Eric Originals and Diamonds
Good Old Gold (probably too far to travel from Midtown where I would be staying)
Old World Diamonds
Roman Malakov
Gray & Davis
Greenwich Jewelers
Kentshire Galleries (not sure about current jewelry selection)
Manhattan Art and Antiques Center (antique fine and costume jewelry I think)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

I may be headed back to NYC soon and thought I would check out the wares at some antique jewelry stores/antique dealers. Since I'll have limited time I'm hoping to get feedback on worthwhile stores to visit. Mostly window shopping but who knows :)

Any feedback (overall prices, amount of stock, friendliness of staff, etc.) would be appreciated! Also, am I missing any stores that are worth a visit? Thanks! Here's my list, in no particular order:

Verma Estate Jewelers
Erstwhile
Estate Diamond Jewelry
Victor Barbone
Israel Rose
Leigh Jay Nacht
Good Old Gold (probably too far to travel from Midtown where I would be staying)
Old World Diamonds
Roman Malakov
Gray & Davis
Greenwich Jewelers

I have visited none of these. Are you looking for anything in particular? If I had one day, these would be my top 3 for larger old cuts.

Estate Diamond Jewelry
Victor Barbone
Old World Diamonds

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, @lulu_ma. I'd like to look at larger old cuts just for fun. But maybe I could do that at Christie's or Sotheby's in NY (?). I might be able to catch one of their Magnificent Jewels previews. Hey, if I'm going to dream...

My bling budget is a bit low right now. If I buy anything it would probably be an antique/vintage gold band with or without small stones. Maybe a Victorian garnet ring. Or possibly a small pendant. Budget under $2500. So I'd like to avoid the way overpriced shops!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions, @lulu_ma. I'd like to look at larger old cuts just for fun. But maybe I could do that at Christie's or Sotheby's in NY (?). I might be able to catch one of their Magnificent Jewels previews. Hey, if I'm going to dream...

My bling budget is a bit low right now. If I buy anything it would probably be an antique/vintage gold band with or without small stones. Maybe a Victorian garnet ring. Or possibly a small pendant. Budget under $2500. So I'd like to avoid the way overpriced shops!

Those 3 would still be at the top of my list. But I would add Israel Rose to the mix, then.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!

Verma Estate Jewelers
Erstwhile
Estate Diamond Jewelry
Victor Barbone
Israel Rose
Leigh Jay Nacht
Old World Diamonds
Roman Malakov
Gray & Davis
Greenwich Jewelers

Of your list, Eric Originals & Antiques is the only one I've physically visited. They have GORGEOUS stuff, and by far they are my favorite stop for "window shopping" in the Diamond District. The staff are very friendly, but as with most places in the DD, I found their prices to be quite high. But if you just want to look at pretties, definitely hit them up!

I believe Israel Rose is by appointment only, fwiw.

victoriangurl96

Rough_Rock
Of your list, Eric Originals & Antiques is the only one I've physically visited. They have GORGEOUS stuff, and by far they are my favorite stop for "window shopping" in the Diamond District. The staff are very friendly, but as with most places in the DD, I found their prices to be quite high. But if you just want to look at pretties, definitely hit them up!

I believe Israel Rose is by appointment only, fwiw.

Thank you, @lala646 :) I'll add Eric's to my short list if I make this trip. I saw a quick video about them on youtube and it looks like a great shop (for browsing at least). And no appointment needed, which is really nice. Those appointment only shops intimidate me a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results