shape
carat
color
clarity

NY Diamond District CS vendors

EmmaJoy

Rough_Rock
I know this has come up in a few threads, and there is the sticky thread mostly with internet vendors, but I haven't seen a thread on where you go for CS in NYC. I have been going to one store that was recommended to me by ID jewelry, they have great prices and good customer service, but I'm always looking for some variety. I realize there are lots of places in the diamond district without storefronts - but I don't know which ones to contact!

Knupfer Int'l Gems
15 West 47th St. Booth 14 & 15
212-819-0530

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
emma, from ny, i would take the relatively quick ride up to visit richard wise in lenox, ma.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I've personally visited Prima Gems several times, both at Intergem and in Jersey city, and I and several other PSers have bought from them. They don't seem to have sapphires, but I've looked through many cases of spinels, tsavorites, spessartites, zircon, sphene, tanzanite, chrysoberyls, etc. and prices are very reasonable for the material. The good news is that they're moving to 48th Street, and their new showroom should be ready very soon. I'll come back and post an address as soon as I hear they're open.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the recommendation for Prima Gems. I think Paraiba International is also somewhere in NYC but most likely need a appointment.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge fan of PrimaGems and have turned quite a few PSers on to them, too.

Not only do they have stand-out goods, they're just really awesome people to work with.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
aljdewey|1330488711|3136992 said:
I'm a huge fan of PrimaGems and have turned quite a few PSers on to them, too.

Not only do they have stand-out goods, they're just really awesome people to work with.

And being one of those who was recently (December) introduced to Prima by Alj and Celle, I want to add my complete agreement to their statements. (Thanks again Alj and Celle)!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like all vendors, Jaimeen carries varying qualities of gemstones from the meh to the wow, so you have to know your stuff as well, but at least he is very competitively priced for what he has to offer.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Just heard from Jaimeen that they have moved in. I'd recommending calling or emailing to set up an appointment as they are sometimes out of town for the Intergem shows, etc.

Prima Gems
42 W 48th Street, Ste 1600

EmmaJoy

Rough_Rock
This is fabulous! I'm so glad I posted - I will be setting up an appointment to visit them soon. I thank you (though perhaps my wallet does not...)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found Jaimeen around a year ago, no one mentioned him to me. He was at Intergem, and one of the few vendors I felt had quality merchandise at a competitive price. Like Chrono said, he has some great gems, and not so great, so having a good eye for color and being educated about the gem species you're interested in, is key. That goes for any vendor. He's also very nice and great to talk to.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results