shape
carat
color
clarity

NWD Solitaire

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
My solitaire from NWD arrived today! Specs are 1.11 ct VS1 light brown in 14k rose gold. I do like the ring but I have mixed feelings. 1- the light brown is so subtle. It definitely looks lighter in person than it did in the pics on the website. 2- I had specifically emailed customer service and requested claw prongs. They confirmed that this was doable. I’m not sure if it wasn’t done or if we have very different ideas of claw prongs? I’d love feedback. Overall I love the setting! The quality is great. The diamond, though lighter than expected, is beautiful. Also, I’m aware I have a bit of muffin top. I just had a baby so have about 20lbs to lose so I just ordered my regular size. That being said; the ring is super comfortable to wear and will probably become an everyday wear for me. C0AD172E-EE16-4279-91FA-03203E5A329C.jpeg 6183EF0F-E4CA-4DC3-A8A6-47E96F2C5DE6.jpeg A0DBBBAA-41B8-4A95-922C-A2BA3258F736.jpeg C6CE4654-D4F6-4803-93DB-87C01AC2B8D2.jpeg CF11F85F-388A-4171-9C74-93B274428C50.jpeg C98736FC-3E39-4E82-A47F-14A53E6FBF6C.jpeg

Clunkygirl

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! If you are unhappy with the prongs I would contact them and provide a picture of what it is you would like. I'm thinking CVB or DK claw, is that what you meant?

I still love it.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the feedback so far. Definitely not my idea of claw prongs. Do you guys think that this is their idea of claw prongs or was my request not communicated? Honestly for what I paid my world is not ending but I would prefer to have my claw prongs. I emailed them to see what they say.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the feedback so far. Definitely not my idea of claw prongs. Do you guys think that this is their idea of claw prongs or was my request not communicated? Honestly for what I paid my world is not ending but I would prefer to have my claw prongs. I emailed them to see what they say.

These are somewhat claw-ish, so they do seem to be capable to an extent: https://www.newworlddiamonds.com/collections/eco-friendly-rings/products/diamonds-ring-455531. From what I've seen of their prong work, it's not their biggest strength.

FWIW, I think the ring is lovely even without the claws.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love that color diamond! Looks so good with the gold. It looks like it’s super sparkly from your photos too !

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Personally I love the lighter brown color. As for the prongs, the ring looks great but I don't think the prongs would be considered claw prongs. So perhaps- a miscommunication to the bench on what you wanted.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so, so lovely!

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful knife edge shank...and your diamond looks great!

Looks like button prongs or borderline baby claw prongs, to me.

Screenshot_20210519-203439.png

If you are wanting full claws, then reach out to them...they'll probably make it right for you.

download (1).png

download.png
download.jpeg

Last edited:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your feedback. Tina from customer service got back to me right away with an apology and a return shipping label so that they can fix the prongs. It’s so hard to send it back and I keep considering just keeping it the way it is but overall I really wanted my claw prongs. I’m wearing it today to see how I feel. It literally looks like a Tiffany solitaire (which I LOVE) and I’m wondering if the claw prongs will change that.

Last edited:

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
It’s gorgeous!! But I do love a claw prong myself...get your claw prongs!
Lovely ring and I love the knife edge band as well.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Made a very slight edit of one of your pictures, so you can see what a claw prong (1 o'clock position) would look like in contrast to what you have now...sorry, I'm not a graphics artist so this is the best I can do in a pinch:

ClawModified.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Round two - I tried to make the claw point to the culet/center a bit more:

ClawModified.png

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Round two - I tried to make the claw point to the culet/center a bit more:

ClawModified.png

Omg thank you so much for doing this! I was learning towards just keeping the prongs but I’m absolutely loving the claw! Thank you so much for the visual. It really helps. Now I have some thinking to do.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Omg thank you so much for doing this! I was learning towards just keeping the prongs but I’m absolutely loving the claw! Thank you so much for the visual. It really helps. Now I have some thinking to do.

You're welcome and I'm glad it helped!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz that was really neat.

@Mjay Beautiful! Re the color, no, it isn’t the darkest brown, but it is definitely brown tinted and honestly, looks really good with the color of your setting.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! Now I’m totally torn on what to do about the prongs. I definitely wanted claw prongs and they are able to remedy the situation but now I’m wondering if the current prongs are better suited for the “Tiffany vibe” of the ring. Opinions?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! Now I’m totally torn on what to do about the prongs. I definitely wanted claw prongs and they are able to remedy the situation but now I’m wondering if the current prongs are better suited for the “Tiffany vibe” of the ring. Opinions?

My opinion for what it's worth (nothing, since I'm not you haha), is that I think claw prongs complement a knife edge shank perfectly and they go together:

tenor.gif

Last edited:

wifelife

Rough_Rock
I love the light brown and rose gold combo! A previous ring that I had I requested claw prongs, but when I got the ring the prongs were not clawed. Because I have bought it from the US and I am in Australia, I decided to just live with it due to the cost of sending back again. But, everytime I looked at the ring I always looked at the prongs. They looked fine and weren't horribly done- but not what I had imagined. I ended up losing that ring years later and recently bought a replacement. This time I went with a different jeweller and they did perfect baby claw prongs.

In saying that, I actually like your solitaire with the current prongs. To me, it suits the Tiffany style more than claw prongs do. But, you need to love it!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock

Well, you know what they say about opinions, but since you asked:

Send it back for the claw prongs. I'm 100% biased, as I too have had the last several pieces of jewelry made with claw prongs because that's the aesthetic I prefer, and twice the pieces had to be fixed because the request was not communicated properly to the bench. I've learned going forward- always request pictures prior to shipping for approval!

Yes, the current prongs are "Tiffany vibe", but the knife edge shank + claw prongs = a dream with that stone. The photoshop DejaWiz seals the deal for me.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
There, I made all of them claw prongs...they may look a little misaligned, since I only did a quick copy, paste, and rotate on the original claw prong that I made from the earlier post.

ClawModified2.png

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
There, I made all of them claw prongs...they may look a little misaligned, since I only did a quick copy, paste, and rotate on the original claw prong that I made from the earlier post.

ClawModified2.png

Wow!!! Thank you!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone color is really pretty in the rose gold! I personally would want the claw prongs. I think it helps to send a picture of what you think
claw prongs are when asking for them to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Enjoy your new ring!

nojs

Shiny_Rock
I like the current prongs better. I think claws prongs, as in the illustration, cover too much of the surface of the diamond. But you should get what you desire!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have only so much metal to work with, but I bet they could do beautiful baby claws! Your diamond is spectacular!!

GiveMePerfect

Rough_Rock
I think the claws look better!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results