shape
carat
color
clarity

Nursing bras?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, ladies. I need to pack my hospital bag and haven''t even thought about nursing bras yet. After spending about an hour researching online, I am overwhelmed! Anyone have any great suggestions? I am about a 36C normally, up to a 38D (but it''s a bit big) now at almost 37 weeks. Thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know what size they have, but I liked my soft cups through materhood maternity.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Natalina,

Bravado bras and Target nursing tanks have gotten rave reviews by the Mommies here on PS. I''m not quite at that point, but this is what I''ll probably go with based on all the good reviews.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I had two ''proper'' nursing bras and found them a total PITA.

When Daisy gets hungry, it''s a case of FEED ME NOW and a melt down if I don''t whip a boob out fast enough. Faffing about with strappy bits would be a nightmare. Plus all of them seemed to have seams across the nipple area - ouch!

So I just have soft-cup bras - then it''s a case of opening my top and folding the cup back on itself. Super easy and comfortable. I thought I was a 38B until I was measured recently and discovered that I''m really either a 36DD or a 34E

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had some softcup ones from Motherhood that I wore at night and just for around the house. When I ventured outside, I had some regular nursing bras from Motherhood that had clips on the straps for the cups.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I was also worried about sizing, so I bought a couple sport style ones from Motherhood to start with, and planned to go back in get the proper sizes after my milk came in. I only ended up BFing for 5 weeks, so never actually got real ones
7.gif
. But the sport ones were comphy!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I just got some nursing tanks to start and didn''t get any bras until after my milk came in because you never know what size you''ll be. I found I absolutely loved my tanks so much I usually just wore those.
2.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice ladies! Maybe I will just start off with tanks then...

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I am your same size. Some of the mamas who recommend the Target nursing tanks may be smaller because they are not nearly enough support for me. I think they also changed the design semi recently. The online reviews aren't as good now as they were a year or so ago.

I got the Bravado Original Nursing Bra (2 of them) and 2 nursing tanks from Target, Gilligan and O'Malley brand before I had the baby. You definitely want something comfy to take to the hospital.

Bought another couple of Bravado bras during the first couple weeks.

The Bravado bras are very comfy and accomodate a number of sizes while you are going through the whole milk coming in thing and post partum changes. You will settle on your eventual size after a couple weeks and then you will also know if nursing is working for you, and then it's a good time to shop for more bras.

After that I bought a couple of Bravado Bodysilk bras. I love them! They are very comfy and go on more like a regular bra. They are thicker in the cup than the Original, which is what I wanted. Unfortunately, they don't provide as much lift as I would prefer, but I think that's because they don't have underwire (which is not recommended while nursing.) They are expensive, but a lot cheaper than formula!! (I keep telling myself, anyway.)

I wear the two styles of Bravado bras every day. I'm quite happy with them. I also ordered a Bravado nursing tank which should have more support than the target one. I'll let you know my review when it gets here.

The Target tanks are OK for around the house, but they are NOT enough support for me to wear alone or with another shirt on top. I do like to sleep in them though.

Everything was a little cheaper through my hospital's shop and also from breakoutbras.com compared with the bravado website.

bravado original link
bravado bodysilk link

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/15/2009 10:53:12 PM
Author: natalina
Thanks for the advice ladies! Maybe I will just start off with tanks then...

Nothing really to add. I NEVER wore my expensive nursing bras. I had many of those Target tanks and LOVED them. Wait until your milk is established.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results