shape
carat
color
clarity

Numbers Experts - thoughts on this stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to all of you who dedicate your time to help us sort through this wonderful world of diamonds. I have another stone that I''d like some opinions on...

Depth 60.1
Table 58
Crown 33
Pavilion 41
Thin-Med Girdle
VG Polish
EX Symmetry

Scores 0.7 on HCA - Ex, Ex, Ex, Ex! Do you think it will be a nice stone? Is the depth on the shallow side?

Thanks in advance!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 3:58:19 PM
Author:jill_s
Thanks to all of you who dedicate your time to help us sort through this wonderful world of diamonds. I have another stone that I'd like some opinions on...

Depth 60.1
Table 58
Crown 33
Pavilion 41
Thin-Med Girdle
VG Polish
EX Symmetry

Scores 0.7 on HCA - Ex, Ex, Ex, Ex! Do you think it will be a nice stone? Is the depth on the shallow side?

Thanks in advance!
Depth is fine Jill, could be a lovely diamond which is geared more towards brilliance than fire, if you could get an Idealscope image as usual that would be helpful. Out of interest can you post the star and lower girdle facet percentages too please? These will be on the report on the wireframe diagram, these don't tell the whole story but are useful to know.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your quick reply, Lorelei! I appreciate your help! Sorry I forgot to post these other specs!

Star 55%
Lower Girdle Facet 80%

I think I got those numbers right. They might be reversed?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 4:07:06 PM
Author: jill_s
Thanks for your quick reply, Lorelei! I appreciate your help! Sorry I forgot to post these other specs!

Star 55%
Lower Girdle Facet 80%

I think I got those numbers right. They might be reversed?
Most welcome Jill and yes you have those numbers down perfectly, they look good! This could be a great diamond!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lorelei. Numbers are good (and you do have the star & lgf correct
1.gif
). Should be a very bright diamond.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Numbers look good.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks jet2ks for your response too! It always helps to get a little reassurance from those of you who know a whole lot more about this than I do!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei - you mentioned that it might lean more towards brilliance than fire. I will still get pretty good fire from the stone, though, won''t I?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2009 4:11:20 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Numbers look good.

Thanks for your response. Appreciate the feedback!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 4:12:32 PM
Lorelei - you mentioned that it might lean more towards brilliance than fire. I will still get pretty good fire from the stone, though, won''t I?
I can only speculate Jill that yes by rights you should see fire, just that the diamond could lean more towards brilliance due to the proportions - what I would do is get an IS image and ask the vendor if he has the diamond in his possession to describe the performance nuances to you. Ask them about the fire and how it displays in this diamond.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2009 4:12:32 PM

I can only speculate Jill that yes by rights you should see fire, just that the diamond could lean more towards brilliance due to the proportions - what I would do is get an IS image and ask the vendor if he has the diamond in his possession to describe the performance nuances to you. Ask them about the fire and how it displays in this diamond.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone - I requested the stone be brought in and had them send me images, etc. Here is what I got. I''m torn. I was hoping the symmetry would be a little better...what do you all think? It''s a 1.97 K SI1 that I''ve been told is eyeclean. I was hoping to get into something around the 2 ct mark for this upgrade, and I was excited when I found this because it just missed 2 cts. and therefore is VERY reasonably priced. My current stone is a GIA Excellent, but would have been graded AGS 0. How much difference will I see in an AGS 1 vs. AGS 0? Help! Thanks!

40X K SI1 1.97.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Idealscope

IS K SI1 1.97.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
ASET

ASET K SI1 1.97.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
SARIN

SARIN K SI1 1.97.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Just for reference, here is info on the stone I have now. I''m wondering what differences I can expect to see between this one I have now and the 1.97 K.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-help-deciding-on-this-stone-pics-included.87919/

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a nice stone but the symmetry is off a little. This might be a mind-clean issue. Your current
stone looks pretty much perfect so can you appreciate the size difference over the lack of symmetry?

I looked at a carat conversion chart and it looks like about a difference for about .8 mm
(1.6 = 7.6mm, 2.0 = 8.2mm) I would try going to some stores and comparing yours to a 2 carat
and see if its big enough to make it worth your while.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The optical symmetry is off but it still could be a lovely diamond - what about seeing if you could have the diamond sent to you, WF do have a good return policy so you can check it out yourself? You might say pffft...LOVE it, or you might decide it isn't the one. If the price is right and the size then could be well worth taking a look. Bear in mind you will mostly see sparkle and size, the optical symmetry won't really be so much of an issue in reality, unless you need this for ' mindclean' issues. You will see a difference for size between your existing diamond and this one. But if you aren't sure, go with your gut, if it is telling you no then stick with the one you have, its a beautiful diamond!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, just the optical symm is off. Give it a test drive to see if it speaks to you?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 6:43:43 AM
Author: Lorelei
The optical symmetry is off but it still could be a lovely diamond - what about seeing if you could have the diamond sent to you, WF do have a good return policy so you can check it out yourself? You might say pffft...LOVE it, or you might decide it isn''t the one. If the price is right and the size then could be well worth taking a look. Bear in mind you will mostly see sparkle and size, the optical symmetry won''t really be so much of an issue in reality, unless you need this for '' mindclean'' issues. You will see a difference for size between your existing diamond and this one. But if you aren''t sure, go with your gut, if it is telling you no then stick with the one you have, its a beautiful diamond!

I was disappointed in the optical symmetry mainly because I thought I would see a huge difference in this stone''s performance and my current stone''s performance. But you don''t necessarily think that''s true? I really do like it for the size and the price difference, and I''m excited about going from SI2 to SI1. My currently SI2 is clarity graded because of clouds and it can look cloudy in certain lighting conditions, so I thought an upgrade to a better clarity grade might help that. Oh, decisions! I am relieved to know that I probably won''t see much difference between this and my current stone, expect for the size increase!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2009 9:30:16 AM

The optical symmetry is off but it still could be a lovely diamond - what about seeing if you could have the diamond sent to you, WF do have a good return policy so you can check it out yourself? You might say pffft...LOVE it, or you might decide it isn't the one. If the price is right and the size then could be well worth taking a look. Bear in mind you will mostly see sparkle and size, the optical symmetry won't really be so much of an issue in reality, unless you need this for ' mindclean' issues. You will see a difference for size between your existing diamond and this one. But if you aren't sure, go with your gut, if it is telling you no then stick with the one you have, its a beautiful diamond!

I was disappointed in the optical symmetry mainly because I thought I would see a huge difference in this stone's performance and my current stone's performance. But you don't necessarily think that's true? I really do like it for the size and the price difference, and I'm excited about going from SI2 to SI1. My currently SI2 is clarity graded because of clouds and it can look cloudy in certain lighting conditions, so I thought an upgrade to a better clarity grade might help that. Oh, decisions! I am relieved to know that I probably won't see much difference between this and my current stone, expect for the size increase!
How I see it is this. Yes the optical symmetry is a bit off, the diamond you have the optical symmetry is excellent - however - how much time do you spend admiring the optical symmetry of your exisiting diamond? Or do you spend the time admiring the sparkle? The new diamond has great proportions which will give you that sparkle, if you catch the stone in a good light to view the arrows they might look a little off but as you know you aren't viewing the diamond in that way normally anway.

Ideally if you can hold onto your existing diamond and view this one in person, that would be the best way to make the decision, could you do that? I have a diamond and the optical symmetry is bad - FAR worse than the diamond in question, but it is a gorgeous diamond and I have to really look to view the OS anyway so this wouldn't put me off but its up to you. Ask WF if they could send the stone to you so you could see for yourself and compare it with the one you have, thats what I would do.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 9:35:57 AM
Date: 7/25/2009 9:30:16 AM

I was disappointed in the optical symmetry mainly because I thought I would see a huge difference in this stone's performance and my current stone's performance. But you don't necessarily think that's true? I really do like it for the size and the price difference, and I'm excited about going from SI2 to SI1. My currently SI2 is clarity graded because of clouds and it can look cloudy in certain lighting conditions, so I thought an upgrade to a better clarity grade might help that. Oh, decisions! I am relieved to know that I probably won't see much difference between this and my current stone, expect for the size increase!

How I see it is this. Yes the optical symmetry is a bit off, the diamond you have the optical symmetry is excellent - however - how much time do you spend admiring the optical symmetry of your exisiting diamond? Or do you spend the time admiring the sparkle? The new diamond has great proportions which will give you that sparkle, if you catch the stone in a good light to view the arrows they might look a little off but as you know you aren't viewing the diamond in that way normally anway.

Ideally if you can hold onto your existing diamond and view this one in person, that would be the best way to make the decision, could you do that? I have a diamond and the optical symmetry is bad - FAR worse than the diamond in question, but it is a gorgeous diamond and I have to really look to view the OS anyway so this wouldn't put me off but its up to you. Ask WF if they could send the stone to you so you could see for yourself and compare it with the one you have, thats what I would do.

Lorelei -
Thanks so much for your honest assessment. You have convinced me that I think I will give it a try. I also scheduled an appt to speak with WF's gemologist just to ask a few more questions. Aside from the optical symmetry, which really only matters when the stone is static, it does have everything else I want. And of course if I live with it for a while and I'm having mind-clean issues, I can always upgrade again! WF makes it awfully easy to trade up!
31.gif
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to help Jill and see what Bob says - if you do order it to have a look I will be very interested to hear what you decide!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results