shape
carat
color
clarity

Now we know... Why women have sex....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
Wow, I have never had sex for personal gain. Granted I have only had one partner (current at that) but I do it because I love him and I want to, not because the trash needs to be taken out.

What is the point of a relationship if it is forced?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ule-comment-lead">
While it may not come as welcome news, some women have sex out of sympathy, with one admitting: "I slept with a couple of guys because I felt sorry for them."

jitteryfooguy.gif
Texas here i come!!.
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ummm... I guess i''m the only girl who does it because it''s fun and feels good...
41.gif

(Yeah, it''s nice to feel close to my husband and all.... but it IS fun.)
28.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Badly written article - there''s a weird dichotomy where at first, romance and passion are paralleled against, um, "practical" concerns (i.e., de facto prostitution for everything from household chores to fancy meals) ... but at the end, it''s romance and *love* paralleled against "fun." What, pray tell, is "passion" as opposed to "fun?" I would have thought they were both physical motivations, as opposed to the more metaphysical concept of "love." I know the two words have very different applications in reality, but the way the author is using them ....

Man, I just hope the authors of the actual study are grown up enough to say that X percentage of women have sex in pursuit of an orgasm as opposed to Y percentage having it in pursuit of other things, from emotional intimacy to whatever immediate chore or material good might tickle their fancy. It has the potential to be intriguing ....

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:51:41 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Ummm... I guess i''m the only girl who does it because it''s fun and feels good...
41.gif

(Yeah, it''s nice to feel close to my husband and all.... but it IS fun.)
28.gif

not the only one
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 8:44:04 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

While it may not come as welcome news, some women have sex out of sympathy, with one admitting: ''I slept with a couple of guys because I felt sorry for them.''

jitteryfooguy.gif
Texas here i come!!.
31.gif
How is this not a surprise! You kill me DF!!!
9.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
The only thing I agree with is that women don''t always have sex in the pursuit of romance. For me it''s usually more about passion, fun, pleasure and enjoyment then about romance or feeling love from my BF. If I wanted romance I''d take him out for a romantic candle lit dinner, if I need to feel loved I ask for hugs, cuddles and attention and if I want to feel good and have fun with my partner, I innitiate sex. Only very ocassionally for me is it about romance or "making love" when we''re in one of those mushy "god I love you and I need you to know it" moods, mostly we''re just having fun.

Sex must have become a really boring and anoying task when a woman starts using it to get her partner to do household chores.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock

While it may not come as welcome news, some women have sex out of sympathy, with one admitting: ''I slept with a couple of guys because I felt sorry for them.''

jitteryfooguy.gif
Texas here i come!!.
31.gif
Thank God for DF, just never ever change OK. When I saw the title of the thread, I was most looking forward to your reply DF.

You make us all laugh so much!

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
"...with 84 per cent admitting to having sex just to ensure a quiet life or to bargain for household chores"

That''s just sad. I don''t know what to say, but that''s just not right on so many levels.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear women must have a reason to have sex.

Men just need a place.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
How absurd! Women have sex for the same reason as men - we enjoy it and we are hardwired to do it!

Can''t believe some people actually study stuff like that?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 12:26:13 AM
Author: Gailey

jitteryfooguy.gif
Texas here i come!!.
31.gif
Thank God for DF, just never ever change OK. When I saw the title of the thread, I was most looking forward to your reply DF.

You make us all laugh so much!

3.gif
ha ha ha ha ha

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it doesn''t answer the question of "why", but merely highlights the fact that women are pickier than men.

Her: He''s SO not attractive. I hope I don''t get drunk enough to have sex with him.

Him: She''s SO not attractive. But hey, I''ll just get really drunk and have sex with her. It''s still sex, right?

(my man guffawed, and said there was quite a bit of truth to my distillation)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. Sex to ''cure a headache''. Ok. Perhaps the writer got some of those facts twisted.

I suppose if you wanted to take your thoughts for a walk - you could state that sex is an action taken for personal gain.

Well, you hardly go at it to achieve world peace or to wish your next door neighbour well at their job interview.

Whether you want to achieve it''s natural conclusion (
31.gif
), have fun, make a baby or be close to your partner - do those reason not come under personal gain? So perhaps these women realllllly hate putting out the rubbish?

9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 6:57:47 AM
Author: Steel
Hmmm. Sex to ''cure a headache''. Ok. Perhaps the writer got some of those facts twisted.

I suppose if you wanted to take your thoughts for a walk - you could state that sex is an action taken for personal gain.

Well, you hardly go at it to achieve world peace or to wish your next door neighbour well at their job interview.

31.gif
), have fun, make a baby or be close to your partner - do those reason not come under personal gain? So perhaps these women realllllly hate putting out the rubbish?

9.gif
Actually, it can. All the happy endorphins make your pain disappear. (at least for awhile)
But that''s really sad, if in fact, that many women find no enjoyment in it! That makes it a chore in itself. Hopefully that study is a little skewed?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am all for equality, more than you can imagine!
But women get pregnant, and men don't.

That is not equal, and it results in different attitudes towards sex.
Sure birth control has tempered this but zillions of years of no birth control meant women had to be more careful about selecting a partner than men.

Think about humans, or any life form, wanting to be successful sending their DNA into the future.
The ones that did this well remain.
The ones that did this poorly are gone.

Back in the day men could wander around and father hundreds, even thousands, of children in a lifetime.
The ones that did this produced more kids with these genes for wandering around and having as many partners as possible.
The men that had one or two kids were very quickly outnumbered by the men with the promiscuous genes.

Women cannot produce hundreds or thousands of kids so their strategy had to be different.
They had to be more selective about picking a GOOD mate to keep their DNA going forward.
They can't mate and walk away to find another partner an hour later.
They ended up with a child to raise, perhaps alone.

Again, I'm all for equality and clearly we do not live in caveman times any more.
But I believe that men and women having different attitudes towards sex is understandable, and to expect them to have the same attitudes is putting your head in the sand.
You can't just replace zillions of years of behavior with relatively new social rules.

Let me add that I am a man and am 100% monogamous.
Given our current world/society I believe monogamy is the best choice for living a happy life.
What you get is worth more than what you give up, IMHO.

treefrog

Brilliant_Rock
I thought they were just thinking I would turn into a prince.
21.gif

Treefrog

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
I know why I do and I''m leaving it at that
9.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 11:13:37 AM
Author: joflier
Date: 9/9/2009 6:57:47 AM

Author: Steel

31.gif

9.gif

Actually, it can. All the happy endorphins make your pain disappear. (at least for awhile)

But that''s really sad, if in fact, that many women find no enjoyment in it! That makes it a chore in itself. Hopefully that study is a little skewed?

As for curing a headache... it really does work sometimes (for me at least) if it''s good enough
2.gif
It''s more difficult to get into it when I have a bad headache, but it has worked every once in a while to the point where my headache actually entirely goes away afterwards.

I feel sorry for people who have sex just to get their husbands/partners to do chores. I can think of a lot of reasons why I do it (to feel close to my husband, for enjoyment, passion, etc.) but to get him to do things for me certainly isn''t on my list.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more reasons:

pain reliever/sleep aid: Before my period my body gets all achy and I find it hard to sleep. Sex is better than an aspirin
2.gif

labor inducer: When overdue with my second child I was chasing my husband around begging him to have sex with me with the hopes it would induce labor. For some reason he wasn''t too enamoured of the idea, but I forced myself on him.

Boredom reliever. My mom jokes the timing of when she had her various kids to long winters and various power outages. I think she was only kidding, but heck what else are you going to do those long winters, and when the power is out?

I can go on but you get the point.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 2:34:35 AM
Author: kenny
I hear women must have a reason to have sex.

Men just need a place.

ROFLMAO!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results