shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure about this Tiffany diamond band - with black spots?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom What a great deal! My friend’s black gunk was like tar. That may be a great way to get a deal..Look for large black goop on the back of Tiffany diamond jewelry…It would most likely be crud! :lol:

Thats a good way to decribe it....it was like hardened on tar, yes. I keep looking for another deal like my earrings, but haven't found another yet!! ;-)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously! I love Fashionphile for the deals, but they post some grungy stuff sometimes- the sterling silver always looks like it needs a polish. I think it's crazy they didn't clean that poor ring better! I think it's going to look great when it's finally clean and sparkly!
Yes it was surprising.. at opening it looked plenty shiny and sparkly, and kinda blowing away my solitaire. I probably wouldn’t have noticed it was so dirty in there for a while if I hadn’t checked the back of the stones. Still wish they’d get back to me too

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Even though we know what the black spots are now, I’m still a little on the fence about this band! It’s gorgeous and sometimes I love it, other times I can’t stop thinking I need one of the smaller versions. I’m think I’m just not used to such a big look. Or maybe it’s the opposite and my solitaire needs be bigger !

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh keep it! But I love a thicker band.

I’ve had better luck with Fashionphile when I call, it usually takes days for them to respond to email.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh keep it! But I love a thicker band.

I’ve had better luck with Fashionphile when I call, it usually takes days for them to respond to email.

I love a wide band ! so I don’t know why I’m struggling with this one! Maybe the proportions are slightly off to my eyes. I have a picture of a jewelry store one I tried, it’s wider and it’s what made me go for this one in the first place. The jewelry store one was a rip off and not as pretty of course
986696F2-0D7F-4335-8EAF-5D25EF8C08B8.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! They should have cleaned it!

i bought a cheapish but rather lovelly long silver rope chain 2nd hand from trade me* ($70) - the seller (a person who's main income was from selling 2nd hand goods) gave it a sparkling professional clean just as a given

surly this is common trade practice !

*trade me is NZ Ebay

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Even though we know what the black spots are now, I’m still a little on the fence about this band! It’s gorgeous and sometimes I love it, other times I can’t stop thinking I need one of the smaller versions. I’m think I’m just not used to such a big look. Or maybe it’s the opposite and my solitaire needs be bigger !

think bands are not going to be in fashion for ever
i think a band needs to be at least in proportion to the size of the stone

your ring (now it is clean) looks drop dead gorgouse

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock

I know exactly how you feel. These tiffany bands are tricky! You know, the 1st one i had was a 2.3mm full eternity, and i lament the day i sold it to get something else. They are so hard to find! Then i got a 2mm 1/2 and then a 2.5mm 1/2, and now the 2mm full. I feel like you guys must think im nuts, but these bands are so slightly different and its hard not to wonder if another may look better than the one you have. If it was a great price, id keep it for a while and decide, knowing i can sell on pricescope and not take a loss. If the price wasnt so great, id consider returning it if you arent fully happy. That being said, i love the band and think it looks totally gorgeous! But my opinion is not the one that matters, lol. Good luck with whatever you decide! If you decide to find another, id be happy to help!! :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I get the need to get the right proportions and look. When I first got my little solitaire it took a bit to figure out that I needed super thin bands (like 1mm not 2mm) for it to look right to me. Granted my stone is a lot smaller than yours but it’s not crazy, you just need to try different things and something has to stick at some point.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
i bought a cheapish but rather lovelly long silver rope chain 2nd hand from trade me* ($70) - the seller (a person who's main income was from selling 2nd hand goods) gave it a sparkling professional clean just as a given

surly this is common trade practice !

*trade me is NZ Ebay

They should have cleaned it…I always give everything multiple ultrasonic cleans when I get jewelry preloved anyway…There is only one band that I bought that I have to really work on. The band has little holes on the sides for light..They used a white polishing compound to shine it up. I’m still trying to get the white compound out of a few of the holes. I don’t want to use a pin..so I’m hoping that in time they will come out. It doesn’t affect the sparkle because it’s just a tiny extra area that’s provided to give the diamond light access.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all - I've decided to keep it! I might not have another shot at such a nice ring so I'm going to live with it and see if I fall in love with it with my e-ring. Also it fits a bit tight, so it's possible that's partially been affecting how I feel about it, since I can't wait to get it off my finger! I'm sending to DK for sizing and cleaning, obvi!

@meesmom I get it.. I wasn't kidding when I said I think I need one in each width! Maybe one day.. : )

Also, Fashionphile responded last night, they determined from my photos it was in need of cleaning, apologized and offered me to send it back to have it cleaned and polished at no charge, so that's nice.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
No, I get the need to get the right proportions and look. When I first got my little solitaire it took a bit to figure out that I needed super thin bands (like 1mm not 2mm) for it to look right to me. Granted my stone is a lot smaller than yours but it’s not crazy, you just need to try different things and something has to stick at some point.

I still think about your gorgeous old cut eternity that you sold recently. Wish I could find one just like it but with colorless modern cuts, but I don’t think it exists! Also want to try one with single cuts like you had suggested

misscamels

Rough_Rock
I’m glad it ended up just being schmutz!

As for vendors sending dirty things, y’all need to see The Real Real’s pieces. I bought a preloved baguette band and could not believe the yuck that was on it. I only had time for a short ultrasonic cycle before sending it to the jeweler…and still feel guilty about the remaining ick that held on. You’d think they’d clean/polish before photographing and listing…but nope.

Strauberrychick

Rough_Rock
I’m glad it ended up just being schmutz!

As for vendors sending dirty things, y’all need to see The Real Real’s pieces. I bought a preloved baguette band and could not believe the yuck that was on it. I only had time for a short ultrasonic cycle before sending it to the jeweler…and still feel guilty about the remaining ick that held on. You’d think they’d clean/polish before photographing and listing…but nope.

Same experience on the RealReal with almost every piece. They clean nothing and they’re all dirty on arrival. Honestly I get excited to know whatever arrives will look 10x better once I get it cleaned! Nothing I can do at home quite compares to a jewelry store cleaning but still a vast improvement.

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you feel. These tiffany bands are tricky! You know, the 1st one i had was a 2.3mm full eternity, and i lament the day i sold it to get something else. They are so hard to find! Then i got a 2mm 1/2 and then a 2.5mm 1/2, and now the 2mm full. I feel like you guys must think im nuts, but these bands are so slightly different and its hard not to wonder if another may look better than the one you have. If it was a great price, id keep it for a while and decide, knowing i can sell on pricescope and not take a loss. If the price wasnt so great, id consider returning it if you arent fully happy. That being said, i love the band and think it looks totally gorgeous! But my opinion is not the one that matters, lol. Good luck with whatever you decide! If you decide to find another, id be happy to help!! :)

@meesmom would you mind weighing in on which of the thinner versions you think would work best with my solitaire? I can’t stop thinking about them! Here are pics with my 1.8mm band
AE6DE85C-FC9A-4AA9-98BA-013693C06621.jpeg E61F1E42-09E0-415C-96FC-F3B933C6E5E3.jpeg

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
@meesmom would you mind weighing in on which of the thinner versions you think would work best with my solitaire? I can’t stop thinking about them! Here are pics with my 1.8mm band
AE6DE85C-FC9A-4AA9-98BA-013693C06621.jpeg E61F1E42-09E0-415C-96FC-F3B933C6E5E3.jpeg

So sorry just seeing this!
Is this the 2.2 mm embrace? It looks lovely!! I have a 3mm with diamonds and sapphires, that i wear as a stand alone band. But the 2.2 looks amazing with your solitaire!! You may need a spacer tho, depending on where the diamonds in the band hit your prongs. This is the main reason i go with channel sets....its a lot safer. Prong set makes my heart go pitter patter, but i cant handle wearing a spacer on my short stubby fingers! ;-)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry just seeing this!
Is this the 2.2 mm embrace? It looks lovely!! I have a 3mm with diamonds and sapphires, that i wear as a stand alone band. But the 2.2 looks amazing with your solitaire!! You may need a spacer tho, depending on where the diamonds in the band hit your prongs. This is the main reason i go with channel sets....its a lot safer. Prong set makes my heart go pitter patter, but i cant handle wearing a spacer on my short stubby fingers! ;-)

Sorry I wasn’t clear - no this isn’t the embrace, just my usual pave band that I’m looking to replace with a channel band, it’s 1.8mm for reference.. I was wondering if you can tell / have an opinion between the slimmer 2-2.5mm channel bands since you’ve owned them, which one might look best with my solitaire ?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh i see....i didnt read it correctly.

If your diamond is bigger than mine (it appears to be) i would want to try the 2.5mm 1st. I am looking at the melee in your 1.8 mm ring and it looks proportional to your solitaire. I also think that they are similar in size to the melee in the 2.5mm version. As i said before, the melee in the 2mm is super tiny!!.
I hope this helps!! :)

e2the3rd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your input! The band is back from being resized and cleaned. The black spots are gone! I love it!

It did take me some time to warm up to it, I kept thinking it wasn’t quite working with my solitaire and came so close to listing it for sale a few times. In the meantime I tried the 2mm version and it was much too small against my e ring - I think that’s what helped me realize how much I love this band. I already have two thinner 2-ish mm prong set bands, and this is great for a bigger look; even though the stones are about the same size as my 2.2mm band, they have the illusion of being much bigger due to the channel setting. And they sparkle like mad!

78A735C2-ECC0-4741-9DF9-4B393CA31B86.jpeg 0F77943C-5EAB-4BE3-A2B8-7EA44BF3F311.jpeg FCABA461-9218-423F-AD2F-3AA5CE5FC43E.jpeg A74FC770-DA67-436B-B691-279961D95585.jpeg 495991AE-CEAE-466F-93B6-6CE7DDBC070C.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great pics. Looks FABU!

cheers--Sharon

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow gorgeous and looks perfect with your solitaire :kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful with your ring! So glad this worked out - looks so good now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results