shape
carat
color
clarity

Not sure about this cushion...help please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone. Need some help evaluating a stone, please. I''m working with a couple of reputable jewelers, one locally and one in another city, to source a stone for our solitaire. The paramenters are an elongated cushion, antique / large facet cuts, eye-clean (S1 and up), and within budget. The out of town jeweler and I spoke on the phone about a stone they found that was promising....but then I received the email with images. The cuts aren''t as "even" and large as I think I''d like and looking at the Idealscope image, am I wrong in thinking there''s a lot of light leakage so that the stone won''t really sparkle and "talk to you"? I''d love to be wrong but am out of my league and could use some input.

Stats:
Cushion Brilliant
1.06 ct
W 5.81x L 7.5 (1.29 length/width)
Depth 53.9%
Table 60.5

option 2 image.jpg

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Additional photo (sorry, don''t know yet know how to collage these into one post):

option 2 image 3.jpg

lowphat

Shiny_Rock
It looks like it''s got too much crushed ice in the middle for my taste. Try giving Mark at ERD or Jon and GOG a call. I''m fairly confident that either of them can find a better cushion for you.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Last image...the idealscope?

2idealscope.jpg

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
You can find better i think.

i''m sure one of the frequent PS experts will be able to guide you :). Good luck in your search!
35.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Ummmm, that doesn''t seem to antiquey with large facets to me. I''d second calling Jon at GOG.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for confirming my hunch. I appreciate your feedback! The search continues....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn''t look like an antique to me too. I''d ask Jon at GOG for one of his new signature Old Mine cuts.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results