shape
carat
color
clarity

Not mine, but I thought Id share...

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
MadeWithStitched.png
This gorgeous was gifted to my Mum on her wedding day (in 1980) by a very close family friend. She was kind enough to let me wear it on my wedding day. Just thought I'd share it with folks who would appreciate its beauty. Its comprised of emeralds and diamonds set in platinum. I don't know the exact specs but suffice it to say that the diamonds are very white/bright and although the emeralds are quite included, the overall look of the set is quite lovely :)

chanieish

Rough_Rock
Premium
:eek2:Omg! What a stunning gift! And so many pieces as well. I absolutely love the deep vivid green of the emerald. The ring looks beautiful on your finger. Does she wear the set often to special occasions?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful set, the pieces look amazing on you! :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!:love:

mrsthomas

Shiny_Rock
28 years ago - when we had first moved to Australia, my Mum used to carry it around in a sock in her handbag. We didn’t have the money for a proper valuation or a safety deposit box at a bank at the time and the complex we lived it got broken into quite frequently. On the night we were naturalized as Australians, she was mugged outside our building. Fortunately, the thief was just after a quick buck - he hopped the fence at the back of the apartment complex, took her wallet and dumped the bag (jewels included) on the lawn of the building behind us. The Police returned the bag and all its contents bar the wallet a couple of hours later. A couple of days later my parents took it to a jeweler in the city for a valuation. He offered them 80k for it on the spot. They declined to sell, inquired about insurance and after realizing it would be too expensive for them to insure, put it in a safety deposit box at their bank. It’s been sitting in that bank locker ever since. It came out for my wedding and then was promptly returned the next day, where it sits, yearning to be worn...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results