shape
carat
color
clarity

Not LIWR: Where to sell diamond ring? Or rings in general?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
A friend of mine needs to sell her diamond ring. It wasn't ever an engagement ring, she wore it on her right hand--she is also a member of this PS but hasn't been on here in forever so I'm posting for her. It's a oval with a halo, set in platinum. We don't know where she can sell it. She asked around in town but most jewelers just told her they weren't buying. One offered to sell it for her on consignment but she's nervous about leaving it somewhere because of horror stories she has heard.

Anyone know where she can try? She said maybe ebay or craigslist. She knows she's going to take a loss, it's appraised for 14k+ but she's willing to take it less for it. Oh, and if anyone wants to see the ring, her user name is nwonderland.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
consignment is not a bad way to go... but have her check w/ her insurance agent/policy first. Some policies do not cover items on consignment.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perlmans does consignment.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps diamondbistro?

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I say Eaby. I think Craigs List may be too much of a risk with strangers coming to look at it etc.

We have a new "eaby store" in my town and I plan on having them sell some of my old jewelry so I don't have to deal with the whole thing - listing, shipping, questions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results