shape
carat
color
clarity

Not cheaper by the dozen - mrs-b's new projects - watch this space!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
And the last few. Firstly - probably my favorite photo:

20180705_190115_resized.jpg

20180705_190059_resized.jpg

And lastly....

20180705_190021_resized.jpg

And that's it, folks!

Well, pretty much perfet in every way! I think you have such a good relationship with the folks at dk that they are executing your visions and your collection is so cohesive and unique and incredible!

I love the design, substantial shank, nice diamonds on the shank- the holly detail- ugh!!! Awesome!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@peacechick - is there any better company than a beautiful new piece of jewelry? :)) Thanks for the get-well wishes!

@eapj - I always hated opals when I was growing up. They seemed like the poor man's option for jewelry and were common as dirt in Australia. Every tourist trap and corner store sold some poor version of an opal in a hideous silver setting, and people of my generation always held them in very low regard. But somewhere in there some jewelers started putting more effort into the settings, I discovered that a lot of opals were actually bowls of pure color, and I suddenly fell in love with this captivating gem! And put in the right setting - WOW! More than any other gem, I think opals have the ability to look like utter crap - and also look phenomenally beautiful. They're a gem that is worth paying the extra dollars for.

I think 'mesmerizing' is the word, @Catmom. This ring has captivated me like no other. The color play is so complex and so strong - there is something different to see with every glance; it's like looking into the crystal ball of color! I hope we meet up some day so I can show you this in person. And I want to spend some quality time with your opal ring!! That opal is just...well, it's the shiznit and all that and a bag of chips!

@Dancing Fire - I'm going to take your confusion as a compliment.

Glad you are finally starting to feel better! An opal GTG, that I could get behind.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @apacherose. :wavey: I agree - I've done so many projects with DKJ as of this point that I feel they have an excellent grasp on my aesthetic. I'm very happy with the projects I do with them and I feel as tho they only get better and better over time.

Hi @Catmom :wavey: I'm feeling a lot better, but i still can't throw this cough. I'll be glad when it's finally done. And yes - an opal GTG. Definitely. :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more projects crossed off the list and I'm very close to taking a break. I have one more currently in the works after these two, then I think I'll let a little time pass before I do the last couple.

But for now - here are my new earrings and diamond pin.

The pin is 2.75" long with 2.7ctw of E/F VS ideal cuts, and the setting is platinum. It has a double pin at the back so the pin doesn't rotate or drop forward when I wear it on my winter coat lapels. I love the indulgence of a pin like this - just a gratuitous sprinkling of diamonds. :))

20180802_104345_resized.jpg

20180802_104725_resized.jpg

20180802_104628_resized.jpg

20180802_104423_resized.jpg

20180802_104816_resized.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here are the earrings. Hand made, 18kt yellow gold, 1.75" diameter, 2.5mm thick. They're a solid construction (as opposed to being hollow), and they're hinged with a tongue / hole closing mechanism. They're hugely comfortable to wear and have a nice weight to them - not uncomfortable but substantial. The extra weight affects the way the earrings hang and they don't blow and flip around if it's breezy. I love them, and a second pair is coming shortly in 18kt rose gold, identical construction.

20180802_104906_resized.jpg

20180802_104927_resized.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you know I have to love that pin. It's gorgeous!!!!!!! Earrings yes they are nice[LOL] but oh that pin.........

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well you know I have to love that pin. It's gorgeous!!!!!!! Earrings yes they are nice[LOL] but oh that pin.........

I wanted something really old school and classic. I've seen pins like this many times over the years, and it's what I've always wanted.

So one more for the 'keeping it forever' collection. :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful additions! Your private jeweller has done a great job again!!!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you are on the mend Mrs-b! The new pieces are very classic and very elegant. Think we might need some updated collection photos soon ;)2

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
That pin is gorgeous!! I love it!! Of course you must have a pair of hoops made in rose gold!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I've never been a pin/brooch person, but lately, I am loving them and this one is so simple and elegant and yes, just the perfect icing on the cake.

yay for new sparkles and all the gold!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never been a pin/brooch person, but lately, I am loving them and this one is so simple and elegant and yes, just the perfect icing on the cake.

yay for new sparkles and all the gold!

Oh watch out lorrissey, they sneak up on you and then BOOM, you can never go back.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pin and I actually love the earrings! When you have them in do they pull on your holes at all?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can EVER do is drool..your taste is so good - impeccable.. love the pin and earrings! too cool!!!

:love::love::love:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Two more projects crossed off the list and I'm very I love the indulgence of a pin like this - just a gratuitous sprinkling of diamonds. :))

20180802_104345_resized.jpg

20180802_104725_resized.jpg

20180802_104628_resized.jpg

20180802_104423_resized.jpg

20180802_104816_resized.jpg

Yup. Nothing like an indulgent sprinkling of diamonds! That is a classic piece and I swoon!!!!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the earrings. Hand made, 18kt yellow gold, 1.75" diameter, 2.5mm thick. They're a solid construction (as opposed to being hollow), and they're hinged with a tongue / hole closing mechanism. They're hugely comfortable to wear and have a nice weight to them - not uncomfortable but substantial. The extra weight affects the way the earrings hang and they don't blow and flip around if it's breezy. I love them, and a second pair is coming shortly in 18kt rose gold, identical construction.

20180802_104906_resized.jpg

20180802_104927_resized.jpg

Wow, well done!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
For those who asked. I think these are roughly 9mm from side to side (as opposed to corner to corner).

20180516_105109_resized.jpg

Gorgeous! Perfect in every way! Love them! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any updates on this one @mrs-b? :wavey:

No - and I'm starting to get a bit itchy about it. It got pushed back 2 weeks because the engraver went on vacation, and the store, to all intents and purposes, has been closed for the last week - and will be closed most of next week also. I'm REALLY hoping to have it in a week's time - I've been trying not to think about it, but it's not working. :eek-2:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow what a great thread!!!!

The diamond brooch - what angle will you wear it on?

Also I asked the ocd precision of your planning for this collection. I am doing something similar: white gold, platinum, and yellow gold. RBC sets and old cut sets. Humble and loud sets. Hehe.

Hope you’re feeling better!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I took a few ear shots today. They all suck. But here they are for those who wanted them. The one of my profile is to try to give some real life perspective; my apologies for the fact that it's taken, basically, straight up my nose.

Perspective shot first to get this out of the way:

20180505_140005_resized.jpg

In the car with another BGD stud in my outer piercing:

20180505_142933_resized.jpg

I'm including this next one just so you can see where this sits on my ear:

20180505_140118_resized.jpg

And lastly - probably the best photo which gives the most accurate idea of how these look:

20180505_140152_resized.jpg
Beautiful earrings and you look so elegant Mrs b, thanks for sharing

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
A month or so ago I sold a gorgeous VC H&A stone to a wonderful PS'er (and I will be posting photos of her new ring for her later!) This has enabled me to make a major push to get all my projects dunzo!

I contacted DKJ and spent some time with the lovely Amy Phillips commissioning 12 new pieces. They'll be coming one at a time over the next 2 months and, rather than hog the SMTB forum, I thought I'd post all of them here as they arrive.

The first one out of the gate is my re-set pearl and diamond earrings. These earrings were previously set on shepherd's hooks, but as I've grown older and my face has drooped, I've come to prefer earrings that don't hang so low, visually elongating my face even more. (Yes, I know - my new gold and diamond drops are 3". There is no explaining that, except to say they're beautiful!)

I asked to have the shepherd's hooks removed and for pear shaped diamonds to be put in their place. The earrings are now studs. The pearls (South Sea, AAA grade) in the photos are roughly 14 and a half mm long, so all up the earrings will be around 1.25". I'll post more photos when they arrive - but this is what Amy sent me last night.

The round diamonds are BGD Signature cut - F color, VS1 clarity, 17 points each. The pears are G IF, 32 points each, cut as a pair and perfectly matched. All up, 1.66 ctw in 18kt rhodium plated white gold with 14.5mm AAA South Sea pearl drops.

Veeeeerry happy with how these turned out!

DKJPV_0503_PE-0002.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0003.jpg

DKJPV_0503_PE-0004.jpg

BESTILL MY HEART
these are so grande, so luxe, so clean!!
I think of love these too but the golden ones with the mismatched diamonds are so so fun!!
your pearls are so beautiful and feminine yet flirty and playful... I love

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Those earrings look divine on you. But I must admit that your white SS pearls that you had remade with the diamonds are my favorite. You look wonderful in the pictures and so do your earrings!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Acinom, @meely, @lorrissey, @Big Fat Facets, @Mcgregor, @EllenS1, @pearaffair, @Mamabean, @msop04, @Tekate and @apacherose! I'm so sorry I didn't respond earlier - I *think* this was when I had pneumonia last year and I sort of went off-grid for a bit, and this obviously got away from me.

And @hathalove - no, they don't pull at all. They're HUGELY comfortable. They're my daily go-to pair - along with my rose gold ones, my platinum hoops, and my large pearl studs. And I'm wearing the gold hoops even as I type this, having just worn them to the pool at the Caltech athletic center. VERY comfortable earrings, and I'd recommend them to anyone.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful on you mrs-b!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results