shape
carat
color
clarity

Northern Minnesota Proposal ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brian.hauth

Rough_Rock
I am planning to propose to my fiance either this Friday or Saturday. The situation: I just graduated college in December, moved 110 miles away from her for a job while we do the long distance thing for a year because she graduates college next December. I have to work until at least 3:30 or 4 pm on Friday. She is getting her hair highlighted on Friday at 1:30 pm. It is a 2 hour drive from my work to her apartment. We plan to celebrate Valentine''s day on Friday night. What can I do to surprise her? I want this to be a private, romantic proposal. I want to maybe make her supper with candles and champagne (she loves champagne) and music from a cd that I made for her on Valentine''s day 3 years ago when we first started dating. I''d like to surprise her somehow but have a hard time thinking it will work because she will be home by the time I get there and I don''t know how I''d get her to leave the apartment without her thinking something suspicious. I just need any ideas. What can I do during dinner or just after dinner to surprise her with the ring?? Please anybody have any ideas????? I''m really getting nervous and can''t think of any sure-fire plans to make it special for her. I just want it to be something we can remember for the rest of our lives and want it to be something she can tell her friends without being embarassed about my proposal to her!

Thanks for any and all help!!!

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
Option 1 - Make a new copy of the CD:
Add your voice at the end telling the story of the two of you, how she made you feel when you met her, special moments in your history together, and what you hope for your future. Have the ring in your pocket, and when your voice comes on, get down on your knee with the ring. That way you are continueing the "tradition" of the CD, and creating a momento that you can listen to on your wedding night, future anniversaries, etc.

Option 2 - If you can carry off being silly, how bout this?
Make a small snow creature of some sort (maybe 10" high), give her a silly name . Maybe put a couple roses in her hand, and an inexpensive necklace around her neck. Come to the door and introduce "Rosie"..........."Sweetheart, Rosie asked if she could join us tonight, and I told her that as long as she behaves herself, she can stay for dinner. See, she brought you flowers!! Put her into a cake pan or somthing on the table and let her melt as you eat dinner. She will see the necklace and think it is her valentine gift. Have the ring inside of her (maybe in an old 35 mm film canister or pill bottle to keep it dry??), so that as she melts becomes visable. Wait for her to notice it, then begin yhour proposal....I brought Rosie because she is carrying something very important, somthing that symbolizes all my hopes for the future with you.....etc.

basisforaday

Rough_Rock
if you need more time, why don''t you call the salon where she is having her highlights done and over the phone pay for a manicure (this way she can already have nails done for her new rings) and pedicure. Have it be from a secret admirer, she will that is what she is getting for valentines day and might give you a few minutes to set up her place.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results