shape
carat
color
clarity

Nordstrom Anniversary 2015

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, the catalog came a while back and I was instantly disappointed. However, I have since sat down with one of my SAs and gone through the ENTIRE lookbook, and now, I have a VERY extensive list I've provided to my various SAs...like I went from 5 maybes to like 100 things in an hour. Ridiculous. I know that at least half of it won't fit me, or will be rejected when I see it, but still. Why wasn't any of this stuff in the freaking catalog?!!!

I took photos on my phone so I could keep track for myself too, and saved them in my dropbox lol. If you know how to reach me I can try to share the link to some of my images.

So my "top picks" from my ridiculous list:

Missoni “Sciarpa” Scarves, they have several colorways, two different options, a "chevron" and a "stripe" option. I NEVER wear scarves but I am obsessed with these.

An ungodly amount of Zella pants. mostly capris. A few new high waisted options which I hope will prevent them from rolling under my gut!

A Caslon knit blazer. I got two last year, a dark burgundy and an olive. This year they have Navy so I am getting that too.

The Aquatalia Sophie bootie that was in the catalog, I am going to check that out in both colors and see what I think. I have no experience with this brand and while I love the gray ones better, suede is kind of an eh for me. They're SO pretty looking though.

Also in shoes, I want those "emerald" Nike Flyknits. I have no need for them, but I love them. I usually need a half size up. So hopefully I can get them.

I am also going to try to get that "NuFace" thing, even though I've read some scary reviews of that thing, and while I don't need any more seizure concerns, and was not sure of it when I played with one, aging is starting to set in, and dammit, I am a damn vain person.

I have several pairs of jeans on my list. I buy my jeans every year at this sale, all three of these are my usuals, and in the dark wash of the sale. CJ by Cookie Johnson FAITH jeans (which I end up hemming 8" off of because they're for amazon people), a pair of NYDJ Marilyns, and my favorite Wit and Wisdom Itty Bitty Bootcuts. All are slim boot or straightleg jeans.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amy, when you say they're on your list do you mean they order these things on your behalf, or they put them aside for you?

And do you have to be a Nordstrom card holder to participate?

I'd be interested in trying out some of the jeans...I also like bootcuts and straight legs.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1436381215|3900490 said:
Amy, when you say they're on your list do you mean they order these things on your behalf, or they put them aside for you?

I'd be interested in trying out some of the jeans...I also like bootcuts and straight legs.
Pre-sale ("preselect") requires you to be a Nordstrom card holder. The regular sale dates that start on the 16th don't require you to be a cardholder. Pre-sale starts tomorrow.

I make a list and send to my SA and they put in an advance order the moment they're allowed to do so. Anything in the store they pull ahead of time and set aside and precharge me for, anything else they can order, they order and have shipped. If it's not something they can get ahead of time, I buy online. I actually wake up at 2am central and order some stuff online that might overlap instore purchases just to make sure I get it, and then I return overlaps.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1436381534|3900493 said:

Pre-sale ("preselect") requires you to be a Nordstrom card holder. The regular sale dates that start on the 16th don't require you to be a cardholder. Pre-sale starts tomorrow.

I make a list and send to my SA and they put in an advance order the moment they're allowed to do so. Anything in the store they pull ahead of time and set aside and precharge me for, anything else they can order, they order and have shipped. If it's not something they can get ahead of time, I buy online. I actually wake up at 2am central and order some stuff online that might overlap instore purchases just to make sure I get it, and then I return overlaps.

Thanks, Ame. You've got the system down! haha

I'll put the 16th on my calendar and see if I can score some jeans to try (the Nordstrom by me hardly has any jeans - so weird.)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1436381719|3900496 said:
ame|1436381534|3900493 said:

Thanks, Ame. You've got the system down! haha

I'll put the 16th on my calendar and see if I can score some jeans to try (the Nordstrom by me hardly has any jeans - so weird.)
I usually order online and try on at home and then return what doesn't work. Since I am on the plus/regular line, it is nearly impossible to get my size in store.

yea I definitely have a system. I text my various SAs between our two stores. I do clothes at one store, accessories and makeup and shoes at the other.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like knit blazers, but have had them pill on me in the past. How are the Caslon blazers with pilling?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1436382957|3900507 said:
I like knit blazers, but have had them pill on me in the past. How are the Caslon blazers with pilling?
Mine have been pretty good actually. Caslon for ME has been a great brand of theirs. Halogen less so. I haven't noticed much of it at all save for a tiny bit in the armpit on the olive one. I make sure that I get the lapels to lay flat when I hang them to dry and they're good. I don't button them, so I got a size down from normal so they'd fit snugger.

I had some vaguely similar from Old Navy that I threw away after 4 months for just generally sucking.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Uh I am hoping now that some of these don't fit, and due to a failure to properly think and function at 2am, I might end up with like 12 pair of the Aquatalia boots. Woops.

SHOES:
Aquatalia SOPHIE—Black and Graphite (both colors)— Item# 1070120 — Size 7.5, 8 and 8.5 (Im gonna end up with a lot of these due to a 2am fail to function when I ordered!)
Nike FLYKNIT — Emerald/Pink/Black — Item # 871818
Ugg JEMMA QUILTED SNEAKER — Chestnut — Item # 1072516
Vans Suede Slip on — Dress Blue — Item # 1087753 — Size 8

BEAUTY:
La Mer Cleansing Gel (not on sale, I just use it daily)
Amore Pacific Time Response Luxury Eye Collection —Item # 1096771
NuFace Trinity PinkTini — Item # 1096771 (is it less than $275?)—I am waffling on this.
The Beauty Blender set in the sale

ACTIVE:
Hard Tail Long Scoop Neck Tank — Item #1027893 — Marine, Dark Teal, what other colors
Zella Live in 2 Capris — in a variety of colors, as well as a pattern.
Zella Live In High Waisted Pants -- Navy Eclipse -- Item # 840015 --
Zella Live In Streamline High Rise — Item # 1024389 — Purple Flash and Black
ASICS ‘Lite Show’ Capris — Black — Item # 1132699 — Size XL — Price $35.90
Beyond Yoga Ballet Wrap Top — Heather Blue — Item # 1049965 — Size XL and XXL? — Price $55.90—sold out in my sizes online
Beyond Yoga High Waist Leggings — Black Space Dye — Item # 1121677 — Size XL and XXL? — Price $64.90
Nike MILER Dri-Fit Racerback Tank Plus Size — Blue — Item # 1058762 — Size 1X and 2x — Price $22.90
Zella Live In High Waisted Leggings — Navy Eclipse — Item# 840015 — Price $37.90
Zella Live In Leggings —Navy Eclipse — Item #265458 — Size XL and XXL — Price $33.90
Zella 'Peace Out' Short Sleeve Studio Tee -- #1024806 – Purple Flash and the citrus something color
Zella 'Zel Dri' Tank (Plus Size) -- #887519 -- Blue Greece

ACCESSORIES:
Maui Jims—do in person (not in sale)
Missoni “Sciarpa” Chevron Scarf — Green and Blue — Item #1120122 — Price $119.90 ea
Missoni “Sciarpa” Stripe Scarf — Blue/Purple — Item # 1120128 — Price $197.90

COATS:
The North Face ALEYCIA Insulated Jacket — Burnt Olive Green — Size XL — Price $110.90 (likely too small)

ENCORE:
Classiques Entier JULIE Stretch Wool Pants Plus Size — Navy Black Glen Plaid — Size 14W/16W/18W (?) — Item # 1057758
Pleione Short Sleeve Split Neck Top Plus Size — Blue Mazrine — 1X and 2x — Item #1111879

LINGERIE:
Barefoot Dreams Drape Front Cardigan — Heathered Berry Pearl
**PJ Salvage CHALLE Lace Trim PJ Pants plus size — Royal Fan, Teal Flower, Plum Ikat — Item# 1098816 — Size 2x – I LOVE THESE PANTS SO MUCH**
Several bras

CLOTHES:
Caslon Shawl Collar Knit Blazer — Navy Peacoat —Item #1019717
CJ by Cookie Johnson “FAITH” Stretch Straight Leg — Foreigner Wash —Item # 1092316
NYDJ “Marilyn” Stretch Straightleg Jeans — Langford Wash —Item #1113079
Wit and Wisdom Itty Bitty Bootcut Jeans — “Absolution” Wash —Item # 1099484
Pleione High Low Split Neck Sleeveless Top — Black/Blue and Orange/Navy Diamond — Item # 1114827
Halogen Sheer Inset Sleeveless Top — Teal Ocean —Item #1038645
Halogen Split Neck Tunic —Green Black Print, Purple Black Bonnie, Teal Blue Lattice — Item # 1038413
Halogen Zip Detail Pullover Sweater — Blue Mazarine and Graphite —Item #1038509
Halogen Sheer Inset Sleeveless Top — Item # 1038645 — Purple Dark and
Pleione Mixed Media V-Neck Tunic (Regular & Petite) (Nordstrom Exclusive) -- #1100764 -- Navy Dusk and Blue Mazarine (I have the teal and dark purple from last year and I love them)
NYDJ 'Michelle' Stretch Ponte Trousers (Regular & Petite) -- #1108509_1 -- Charcoal

lemoncookie

Rough_Rock
Ame,

The Caslon knit blazers are calling my name. I've never had one before and online, the care instructions say to hand wash. Do you hand wash yours? I'm wondering if putting it in the delicate cycle would work because I'm really lazy. :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm hoping it's just my ipad... every time i go to check out my anniversary items disappear from my shopping bag!!! Trying on a PC now - wish me luck!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck!

lemoncookie said:
Ame,

The Caslon knit blazers are calling my name. I've never had one before and online, the care instructions say to hand wash. Do you hand wash yours? I'm wondering if putting it in the delicate cycle would work because I'm really lazy. :)
i do mine in the delicate cycle usually with jeans since mine are all dark. I hang them to dry. This years version seems a hair stiffer and has a slight texture, and I like them bec they look nicer.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up putting in an order through the chat box for far less items than originally planned. Originally I had thrown in the high, zip up Hunter rain boots, some tops, sweaters, and bras, but after they disappeared from my shopping bag twice, I didn't have the heart to go hunting for them yet again.

I think that their system is not syncing my new updated address with the credit card... that's what I suspect...

Anywho's, I ordered the Gucci Marina sunglasses. My first choice was cocoa, but it was no longer showing on the website, so the CS Rep put it in and I added the black and gold for backup.
And I also ordered the Tory Burch flats in two sizes - and two colors - black and red. I've never been a fan of big glaring logos, but I wanted to see what the hype was about these shoes. I'm hoping that they are super comfortable. I decided to take the plunge and order these because they have been around so long that it's no longer "new and trendy"... it's mainstreamed after what, a decade? Gossip Girl being off the air? lololol... I'm not as comfortable in flats, as I am in a small heel, but for work travel, flats pack more readily.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ill be curious what you think of them, because I find her shoes to be horrendously uncomfortable and really anything in her brand I find to be of poor make. But just about any shoe tears a hole in my foot, so I am not a good judge of comfy shoes.

I have a TON of stuff coming my way. I picked up some of it last night, returned some and took a few other things not on my lists home. I need to sort through everything tomorrow after my last appointment, and then when all my items start to show up I can get my return pile going. I will have a MASSIVE pile of returns already just due to duplications.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame - You're an inspiration! I'm going to sign up for a card later today and then place an order. I assume I can get the card instantly? Anyway, on the Pleione tops, what's the size difference like btw xl and 1x? Do you just try them both and see how you like the fit?

I haven't looked up that blazer yet, but curious what you wear it with?

Thanks!! :wavey:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1436547820|3901330 said:
Ame - You're an inspiration! I'm going to sign up for a card later today and then place an order. I assume I can get the card instantly? Anyway, on the Pleione tops, what's the size difference like btw xl and 1x? Do you just try them both and see how you like the fit?

I haven't looked up that blazer yet, but curious what you wear it with?

Thanks!! :wavey:
I wear it in place of a cardigan, so over a tshirt or tank top (or both) with jeans.

I don't have the 1x yet bec neither of my stores stocked it. As usual, plus size is relegated to online.

I got my Flyknits today and should've gotten my normal size, which is now on backorder. I am just going to return these and be done. I don't need them.

Also--the Aquatalia...I am going to see how the normal size fits. The half size up was loose though I was wearing thin ankle socks. I suspect Monday night I'll be THAT person walking in with a ton of boxes for returning.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
ame, your posting inspired me to look online at the sale. I ended up scoring a bunch of baby gear including a jogging stroller ($100 off!) and some Comotomo bottles (50% off)! I also got a North Face jacket for my dad and a North Face vest for DH.

I made it my Triple Points day too, and will be using the rewards certificate on something TBD for myself. :)

Thanks for posting!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sweet! Great work!

I have a few things to return tomorrow, and when I get there tomorrow likely will have more to return. I was hoping more of my stuff might get delivered before Monday but no such luck. Monday I'll probably be returning a ton of stuff

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shhh... I ordered more stuff!

Treasure and bond shirttail sweater plaid heather in L, and olive in XL
Chelsea 28 pleated hem sweater in burgundy L
Lots of bras... New brands that I've never tried before...
Trouve draped collar leather jacket. Xl in black, L in gray, M in saddle for moms bday.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a bunch of volcom shorts for the guys to wear in my daughters wedding and a couple of shirts, a pair of topsiders, and some perfume. I felt the same way about the catalog this year, and I didn't think I would order anything.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I placed my order (a few pleione tops, sejour tops and pants for work, zella soul 2 capris, foxcroft sweater, vince camuto multi directional stripe top) and will try to look at shoes today (need very comfy flats).

Ame - Let me know what you think of the Classiques Entier JULIE Stretch Wool Pants. I need some back to work clothes and those look really nice (but more than I would typically spend)! Have you seen the Zella Flirt jacket? I should probably just order it to try it. Love the color, but not sure about that ruffle in the back.

SMC - Which stroller did you get?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That jacket was not in either store here, at least not that I saw. It's not anything I'd wear though so I wasn't looking super hard.

I should get the mother lode of deliveries tomorrow and Tuesday. Tomorrow I am going to take the first round of returns back. I like the Aquatalia boots a lot, though the 8 1/2 is HUGE on me, and the 8 fits really well but my right foot is weird in shoes. I don't know what's wrong with my foot, I assume some kind of ligament or tendon issue, and I might need an insole in this one to try to pad that area. My dr still has no idea what it is, it shoes up on no tests. The only hesitation on these I have is that they're gray or black (whichever I keep.) I wear gray enough that they'd be useful but I just don't ever wear black, like ever. Navy? Yes. I basically buy Navy and Bronze/tan shoes and bags bec they go with my entire wardrobe. I have no black shoes because I have no need for black. I own not one black item. So I am debating how to handle that.

The Vans slipon I got, the navy suede...I love them but the 8 1/2 is HUGE and the 8 I can't even get my foot in. The one time I was able to it fit ok. But I don't want to spend 10 minutes trying to put a slip on shoe on. The vamp is just too far up the foot... So those are going back.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here they are in gray. The store didn't have black in my size but I ordered them Online

imageuploadedbytapatalk1436712649.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1436702412|3901883 said:
I placed my order (a few pleione tops, sejour tops and pants for work, zella soul 2 capris, foxcroft sweater, vince camuto multi directional stripe top) and will try to look at shoes today (need very comfy flats).

Ame - Let me know what you think of the Classiques Entier JULIE Stretch Wool Pants. I need some back to work clothes and those look really nice (but more than I would typically spend)! Have you seen the Zella Flirt jacket? I should probably just order it to try it. Love the color, but not sure about that ruffle in the back.

SMC - Which stroller did you get?
I got the Thule Urban Glide: http://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/thule-urban-glide-1-jogging-stroller/3960573?cm_em=&cm_mmc=email_tran-_-071115-_-ship_confirm-_-proddescr1

It got good reviews on Amazon so we thought we'd give it a try!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ame|1436712680|3901927 said:
Here they are in gray. The store didn't have black in my size but I ordered them Online

Hey there Ame, I am in process of making a big Nordstrom order!!! :shock: Random question...I am loving all these little booties, but are you planning on wearing socks with them? I tend to get blisters on the back of my heels when I wear no socks, so I'm thinking maybe a short sock that won't show would help!!

I am loving these!!! http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/halogen-lidia-studded-leather-ankle-bootie-women/3991316?origin=wishlist

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Anybody own the Frye Billy short? Wondering how the sizing would be? I'm usually an 8.5 in shoes.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear socks with just about everything. The ones I bought I will have shoes on with. I usually wear thin ankle socks with most shoes, save for winter/boots. I usually wear things like KEYSOCKS in winter or just taller socks so that my socks don't slide off in boots. Even with uggs I wear socks. The only time I don't wear socks are with things like Tieks, my crocs espadrilles, or sandals, and I rarely wear sandals. Oh or if I wear my toms to kickboxing. I just wear those to and from class and we are barefoot in class even though I hate it.

http://www.keysocks.com/

I got my 2nd shipments today--6 boxes. Friday was my first one, a pair of shoes I had to return for sizing. Tomorrow I have 11 boxes. There were originally 9 scheduled and now my two from Wed are moved up. A lot of it is duplicate stuff that will be returned but still!

Tonight we're taking back the first batch of returns, the ridiculous amount of boots.

Here are the Aquatalia Sophie's in gray with and without pants lol. Those really are my white as hell legs. I got the black ones today and they don't look anywhere near as nice

imageuploadedbytapatalk1436825930.jpg

Wednesday

Rough_Rock
Um, those shoes are cute as hell!

Tell me about the Zella capri fit. I had a pair two years ago but they were cut huge and tended to droop low at the waist. I'd be interested in a higher-waisted, more fitted version.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Wednesday|1436836279|3902446 said:

Tell me about the Zella capri fit. I had a pair two years ago but they were cut huge and tended to droop low at the waist. I'd be interested in a higher-waisted, more fitted version.

I own a few pairs of the zella live in capris and really like the fit. I am true to size in those.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
ame|1436825903|3902401 said:
I wear socks with just about everything. The ones I bought I will have shoes on with. I usually wear thin ankle socks with most shoes, save for winter/boots. I usually wear things like KEYSOCKS in winter or just taller socks so that my socks don't slide off in boots. Even with uggs I wear socks. The only time I don't wear socks are with things like Tieks, my crocs espadrilles, or sandals, and I rarely wear sandals. Oh or if I wear my toms to kickboxing. I just wear those to and from class and we are barefoot in class even though I hate it.

http://www.keysocks.com/

I got my 2nd shipments today--6 boxes. Friday was my first one, a pair of shoes I had to return for sizing. Tomorrow I have 11 boxes. There were originally 9 scheduled and now my two from Wed are moved up. A lot of it is duplicate stuff that will be returned but still!

Tonight we're taking back the first batch of returns, the ridiculous amount of boots.

Here are the Aquatalia Sophie's in gray with and without pants lol. Those really are my white as hell legs. I got the black ones today and they don't look anywhere near as nice

Those keysocks are pretty cool Ame!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wednesday|1436836279|3902446 said:

I wear the XL and they fit me very snugly in a good way. I ordered a 1X this time to see if that size is different in any good or bad way. ALL pants roll down on me, because I have a gut. I can do nothing about that. So I get these to fit my butt and legs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results