shape
carat
color
clarity

NON-POL: FLOTUS & Family Frocks & Rocks

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is intended to be non-political in nature to chronicle and/or admire the First Lady's jewelry, wardrobe and accessory choices during her time as FLOTUS. She is a unique First Lady given her foreign roots, career, and sense of style ... and she has some SERIOUS bling! :naughty:

Hopefully those who participate in this thread will respect the spirit in which it was created by keeping it clean & positive. Where possible, please reflect any appropriate photo credit and/or details (e.g., designer/s, event, gemstone, cut, HCA score :lol: ) about photos you post. Feel free to post any other members of the First Family who don an outfit, bling, etc. that you feel is worthy of admiration or enjoyment ... it doesn't have to be a tux, gown or diamond. Also, any related links of interest.

FLOTUS' official bio: https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/first-lady-melania-trump

And a few to get started from another PS thread (Thanks Starry!) :wavey:

starryeyed|1485020166|4117526 said:
I have been searching furiously for more information about Melania's stunning ring that she wore to the Inaugural Balls! It's breathtaking! I read that her e-ring from Trump was a Graff 12-carat D Flawless Emerald-cut. Then I read that Trump gave her a 25-carat ring for their 10th anniversary. Here's a picture. Is she wearing the 25-carat anniversary ring? Anyone have more info??
melania_s_ring_01.jpg

starryeyed|1485120995|4118196 said:
Here is an image of her earrings, but I can't tell a thing.
melania_s_earrings_01.jpg

starryeyed|1485190306|4118555 said:
Here are some images from an ABC interview from 2012. I believe this must be her original 12-carat Graff emerald-cut diamond e-ring. The earrings look like the same ones she wore to the Inauguration. I'm guessing princess-cut. :love:
melania_s_ring_08.jpg
melania_s_earrings_08.jpg

starryeyed|1485190400|4118557 said:
Here is a picture of the 25-carat rock! Wow!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
melania_s_ring3.jpg

starryeyed|1485190465|4118558 said:
Here is a picture of her push present from Donald. How many carats must that be??
melania_s_push_present.jpg

starryeyed|1485190563|4118560 said:
Here is a picture from her wedding after she changed out of the 60-lbs. wedding dress. Check out the necklace! :love:
melania_s_wedding_necklace.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melania Trump chose a custom Ralph Lauren design for Inauguration Day. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais

U.S. President Donald Trump (L) and first lady Melania Trump thank guests during the inaugural Armed Forces Ball at the National Building Museum January 20, 2017 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

First Lady-elect Melania Trump exits the plane ahead of President-elect of The United States Donald J. Trump as they arrive at Joint Base Andrews the day before his swearing in January 19, 2017 in Maryland. (Photo by Chris Kleponis-Pool/Getty Images)

I'm a little envious of ladies who can pull off the larger sunglasses like these; they make me look like The Fly. :lol:

Photos/captions: http://www.mercurynews.com

trumpinauguration1.jpg

632254328.jpg

632100032.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Ivanka's was my favorite gown of the evening! :love:

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivanka's gown was really beautiful. It reminded me of Glinda the Good Witch for some reason.

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1485205642|4118669 said:

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

Now THAT is a gown. The designer deserves a reward for this beauty. It's a flawless Cinderella Godmother made gown-I didn't watch any of it but thanks for sharing this picture. That is what a beautiful dresses dreams are made of!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
ruby59|1485204717|4118660 said:
I posted on the other thread, but to repeat.

Emerald cuts are so classic looking, especially in the larger sizes.

I loved Melania's power blue suit that she wore during the day.

Ivanka looked like a princess with her hair put up and in that gown

http://www.elle.com/fashion/news/a42328/ivanka-trump-inaugural-ball-dress/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/fashion/melania-trump-inaugural-ballgown.html?_r=0

I really liked the blue suit too - and Ralph Lauren stock went up that day she wore it! :appl:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

Her gown was divine :love: She looked spectacular ( the gown, the hair/make-up, the bling...)

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another of FLOTUS' ER & bracelets (from a 2013 event).

166173423.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought Melania's ball gown - indeed, her whole look for the evening events - was perfection.

I was not entranced by her daytime look however. I loved the color and the classical tailoring approach. I loved the overall concept of the jacket, especially the tulip hem, but I was disappointed in how they executed some of the other details: the collar seemed a bit overwhelming, and the shoulders a bit odd. I also thought the fit overall could have been more flattering.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love both the ER and anniversary ring. If the anniversary ring she wore to the ball is 25 carats, how big was each baguette/side stone? The stud diamond earrings look like princess-- or maybe asscher cuts as she seems to like step cuts as the setting looks square.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

Gorgeous in every way! That gown is spectacular on her!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jenn...one of the best thread topics..EVER! :appl: :lol:

I thought every choice was perfect! The blue outfit during the day was elegant, stylish, and flattering. She looked gorgeous in her evening gown at the balls, and the jewelry was understated (considering the size) and perfect.

Ivanka's ball gown did look fit for a princess! Beautiful!!!

I have admired Ivanka's style for awhile, so it will be nice to have a thread to follow these ladies' "frocks and rocks"! :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

Amazing gown! So beautiful all around.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mega bling everywhere, but all so classic and beautiful. I love her rings and that necklace is just amazing. I would love to drool in person... Or at least see more close-ups showcasing each piece!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one zooms in well on the earrings.

Oh! Does anyone know of a picture of her dangly earrings? Looked like a blue stone of some sort. Can't remember when I saw her wear them, just remember thinking I would love to see closer.

ct-melania-trump-white-house-website-20170120.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient: re: blue earrings, this is the only thing I saw. And I tried in earnest to crop it down, but my iPad kept uploading the full image for some reason. Are these what you referred to?

And I stumbled on a few others on Pinterest as well, so credit & details weren't available that I could easily find.

What was noted to be the ring; best pic I have found so far.

Ivanka prepping for a gala at the Met. I am so envious of women who can wear earrings like these! :love: They look very VCA to me, but I am no expert and it didn't say.

Just another close-up of the studs.

_6458.jpeg

_6459.jpeg

_6460.jpeg

_6461.jpeg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jcj -- yes! The blue in that first one. I was able to zoom just enough to want to see more.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her ring is absolutely fantastic! I want a miniature one just like it, maybe 3-4 cts! :lol: Stone looks like it may be antique and the tab prongs, love!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1485265453|4118992 said:
Jcj -- yes! The blue in that first one. I was able to zoom just enough to want to see more.
I'll dig around and see if I can find a better pic or any details.

diamondseeker2006 said:
Her ring is absolutely fantastic! I want a miniature one just like it, maybe 3-4 cts! :lol: Stone looks like it may be antique and the tab prongs, love!
I thought you just got one that was pretty darn fantastic. In all honesty, I like yours better! :naughty:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn, you rock! (No pun intended) THANK YOU for finding a close-up picture of Melania's 25-carat ring! Now all we need are specs! :naughty:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here is more bling! :love: Check out the black and white diamond bracelet and the ring on her right hand. Is the watch a Chanel?

melania_bling1.png

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1485267322|4119007 said:
JoCoJenn, you rock! (No pun intended) THANK YOU for finding a close-up picture of Melania's 25-carat ring! Now all we need are specs! :naughty:

:wavey: Happy to help! I am not sure, however, if that is her first e-ring or the 25c'er since there's no scale reference. I could be confused, but wasn't the 25c a replica of her original, just on steroids? :lol:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
JoCoJenn, I'm not sure, but I think the ring you posted might be the new 25-carat rock. Here is a picture of what may be her original e-ring. The side stones are more pronounced (traps or bullets perhaps), and the diamond seems smaller to me (although still huge!). Also, the diamond proportions in this picture seem more elongated.

melania_e-ring1.png

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed|1485267927|4119015 said:
Here is more bling! :love: Check out the black and white diamond bracelet and the ring on her right hand. Is the watch a Chanel?
Doing more research, I wonder if the watch isn't from her own line? The line on QVC was jewelry AND watches. Some watch faces display an "M", which is probably her brand, but I can't tell in this picture.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1485267322|4119007 said:

According to this article (http://www.bornrich.com/worlds-expensive-engagement-rings.html?view=all ) Melania's original e-ring was:
A beautiful 15-carat emerald cut diamond set on a platinum basket and surrounded by a leaf design, was given to Melania Knauss by Donald Trump. The current value of Melania's ring is $3 million.

And this article (http://europeangoldsmith.com/big-ticket-bling/ ) notes the maker:
In April 2004, Donald popped the question with a $3 million Graff engagement ring with an incredible 15 carat emerald-cut diamond.

In all these ER pictures though, it's hard for me to tell in a photo a 15-carat ER from a 25-carat ER, so I imagine a photog standing anywhere from five-feet away to across a street to snap a pic may not be 100% sure when noting what she was wearing. Wish I could find some sort of credible 'comparison' just to see if the new one was a larger version of the original. :think:

Also, if anyone is interested, a Harpers Bazaar article/interview from Feb 2016 (http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a13529/melania-trump-interview-0216/)
Melania Trump's American Dream
Donald Trump's first lady talks candidly about her husband's controversial presidential bid, the secrets to their happy marriage, and why she's stayed out of the spotlight—until now.
I adore her patriotic purse. :)

And lastly, for a few moments of levity, a look at "the hair" (Donald's) over the years. :lol:
http://www.vanityfair.com/news/photos/2015/09/an-illustrated-history-of-donald-trumps-hair

gallery-1451924994-hbz-melania-trump-embed-03.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
The confusion for me continues. Here is a VERY interesting article from Forbes about Graff with mention of Melania's original diamond.
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0813/084.html

So there are accounts of it being 12 carats, others say it is 15 carats.

Here is a link to a Hollywood Reporter article - I think this one may be the source of that close-up you posted? It says 12 carats.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/trumps-wedding-melania-bill-hill-880088

Here is another article that says it is a D Flawless.
http://www.diamondsourceva.com/education/celebritydiamonds/celebrity-diamonds-trump-knauss.asp

Could the sidetones be 3 carats total weight, so the ring is 15 carats total?

The pictures of Melania's engagement rings seem as varied as the carat-weight reports. The pictures with beefier sidetones are really throwing me off. Is there a third ring? Perhaps, pre-10th-anniversary-25-carat, she wore a replica on a day-to-day basis? Maybe she has an older ring with bigger sidetones that she has promoted in her jewelry line?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ivanka_s_ball_gown.jpg

UGH!! I'm seriously dying over this gown!! Its breathtaking!! :love: :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1485205954|4118672 said:
Ivanka's gown was really beautiful. It reminded me of Glinda the Good Witch for some reason.

Yes! It kind of has the same look! It reminded me of a dress that was popular on pinterest several years ago when I was looking at wedding dresses. I was really obsessed with it! (I ended up finding out that it was from several seasons ago -- and it probably wouldn't have been the most flattering on me, so I gave up the search)

...but it's so DREEEEAAAAAMMMYYYYY!!! :love:
love_this_gown.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results