shape
carat
color
clarity

No surprise diamond for 6-prong setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moko

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I've been looking for a surprise diamond solitaire setting, but so far everything I've found are all 4-prong setting. My diamond is 1.02 Cts and I thought 6-prong is safer .

Here is my 1st choice from Scott Kay.

http://www.scottkay.com/bridal/products.aspx?categoryId=92&page=1&productId=1551

I love this ring so much, but I do not want to worry all the time.

My jeweler does not think Scott Kay will be able to modify this style because of the surprise diamond, and I was also told changing this to 6-prong would really ruin the look.

What do you think?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You can hide a suprise in the gap or wing of a cathedral shank. Of course you would need to do 4. But it has its merits. I have never thought of it...but I wasn''t able to find a suprise in a 6 pronger either.

A jaffe also uses suprise diamonds and I thought for sure I could find you one there. NO luck. They are all 4 prongs.

You can tuck a stone in the side edge of the shank...and there is also something fun a MAUL store did...they took a smaller stone and faced it down with the table on top of your finger...then place the culet of the center stone on top of the other culet...and got an hour glass design.

Not for every body...and I can''t seem to picture the setting. I bet it was more of a cathedral bezel. So no prongs 4 or 6 on that one! I''ll keep looking.

DKS

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a six prong version of The Swan sold by Wink on the forum here of Winfields which has surprise diamonds and it is beautiful.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
check out mark morrell''s work (mwmjewelry.com), specifically his flame, torchiere and hybrid settings. they are six prong, with surprise diamonds. his work is highly regarded, and if you''re going to pay for a scott kay, you should be able to afford a mark morrell.

Moko

Shiny_Rock
DKS, Pyramid, Rainydaze,

I just wanted to say thank you all for your suggestion. Since my computer has kept shutting down every time I am online, it took a long time to come back here. My apologies.

I looked into the jewelers you recommended. Yes, they are beautiful, especially I love Mark Morrell''s work. His designs are spectacular, but look expensive.Hope I can afford it.

I also found this one, similar to Scott Kay design, but it''s set too high for me and did not turn me on.

http://overnightdiamonds.com/Catalog.aspx?sg=0&sn=366609

Maybe I will go for Mark Morrell or stay with Scott Kay 4-prong setting.
Keep looking.

Thank you again for your input.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results