clarity

Nine Dead In Munich Shooting Rampage

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is an update. It appears that there was only one gunman, and he had German citizenship. It is reminiscent of some rampages we have had in the United States where it appears that there must have been a number of shooters, then it turns out there was one.

"MUNICH — A gunman opened fire outside a shopping mall in Munich late on Friday afternoon, killing nine people, wounding 21 and sending Germany’s third-largest city into lockdown as the police scrambled to find what they initially thought were as many as three assailants.

By early Saturday, the authorities said the attack was probably the work of a single gunman, an 18-year-old German of Iranian descent who they said held both German and Iranian citizenship.

The body of the presumed gunman, whose name was not immediately made public, was found less than a mile from the mall with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, officials said."

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My electricity went out last night just before midnight and didn't return until some time this afternoon. Regardless, I had no idea any of this was happening today. It's so very upsetting to see this kind of action continue to occur. I feel so much like there is nothing we can do to prevent it. I hope I am wrong, and just reacting to the news today.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for starting this thread Deb. I am sad to read of more violence but relieved it was only one gunman. And even sadder that we live in a world where that statement about being relieved it was only *one* gunman is true. :(( I am glad he was found. My heart and thoughts go out to the people of Munich today.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just awful. The attacker in Germany last week was only 17, this one was 18. So young to be committing such terrible crimes against their fellow citizens.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The BBC are now reporting that he was under psychiatric care for depression and was obsessed with mass shootings. How on earth does someone that age, with that history gain access to a gun?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
^And germany has some of the most stringent gun control in Europe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"No terrorist ties".

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1469272649|4058556 said:
The BBC are now reporting that he was under psychiatric care for depression and was obsessed with mass shootings. How on earth does someone that age, with that history gain access to a gun?[/quote]

Theft?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Theft would be my guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results