shape
carat
color
clarity

Nick Brevig - Elite Gemstones in Denver, CO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with Nick Brevig of Elite Gemstones in Denver, CO? I came across him on Instagram and he seems to have some really pretty offerings and is followed by some other notable cutters such as Bayoto. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about him or his work.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with Nick Brevig of Elite Gemstones in Denver, CO? I came across him on Instagram and he seems to have some really pretty offerings and is followed by some other notable cutters such as Bayoto. Just wondering if anyone knew anything about him or his work.
Given his forum name, I am wondering if @denverappraiser might be the person to ask about this! :)

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Given his forum name, I am wondering if @denverappraiser might be the person to ask about this! :)
That's a good idea. For whatever reason (maybe because I'm a newer member), I can't send direct messages....or maybe I recall we can't send messages here...I can't remember. Is there a way to link him to this thread?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a good idea. For whatever reason (maybe because I'm a newer member), I can't send direct messages....or maybe I recall we can't send messages here...I can't remember. Is there a way to link him to this thread?
The @ tag I added will ping up an alert in the top right hand corner of the forum if he has them set up (which I think he does.)

There are no PMs on the forum for safety/security reasons.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
The @ tag I added will ping up an alert in the top right hand corner of the forum if he has them set up (which I think he does.)

There are no PMs on the forum for safety/security reasons.
Thank you.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don’t recommend or disparage particular dealers because it’s a conflict of interest for my roll as an appraiser. Asking here is a good step but also Google them, Google the names of their principals, search them on the likes of yelp, bbb, and ripoffreport to see if anyone has things to say. Sometimes Google’s competitors give slightly different results so you might want to try a few different search engines. You can learn a fair amount by just critically reading the ‘terms and conditions’ section of their website. If they have a store, go visit them and look around. As with the t&c, there’s a lot of subtle information that comes from just looking at the store.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I don’t recommend or disparage particular dealers because it’s a conflict of interest for my roll as an appraiser. Asking here is a good step but also Google them, Google the names of their principals, search them on the likes of yelp, bbb, and ripoffreport to see if anyone has things to say. Sometimes Google’s competitors give slightly different results so you might want to try a few different search engines. You can learn a fair amount by just critically reading the ‘terms and conditions’ section of their website. If they have a store, go visit them and look around. As with the t&c, there’s a lot of subtle information that comes from just looking at the store.
That's the trouble - I can't find any information on him to save my life. Only his instagram site. He's been fairly responsive to my questions, but I'm wary of doing business with someone that doesn't seem to have an established reputation. His instagram site doesn't have any info. on terms and conditions. I'll look some more to see what I can dig up.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then ask him about his return / review / refund policy.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m not doing business with anybody who’s only on Instagram. That doesn’t feel comfortable to me.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I’m not doing business with anybody who’s only on Instagram. That doesn’t feel comfortable to me.
Yeah, I understand. I do leatherwork (belts, holsters, wallets, etc) and I've only got an Instagram account, but I'm still learning and not ready to go all-out with it yet. I do have a Facebook presence, though, which is where I get 95% of my business - word of mouth from previous customers, mainly, on the various Facebook gun forums.
I make things like this.
**edited by moderator, no promoting your business please**

Last edited by a moderator:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you’re on FB then you’re not Insta only. You must have happy customers so that builds your business.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Like ALL merchants the onus is on him to convince you that he deserves your business. The default answer is no. You set the bar. If an Instagram account alone isn't sufficient to make you comfortable and he/she doesn't have more than that, move on to someone else. There's plenty of competition out there.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yeah, I understand. I do leatherwork (belts, holsters, wallets, etc) and I've only got an Instagram account, but I'm still learning and not ready to go all-out with it yet. I do have a Facebook presence, though, which is where I get 95% of my business - word of mouth from previous customers, mainly, on the various Facebook gun forums.
I make things like this.
View attachment 664716
Facebook means you aren't Instagram only. Referrals in forums mean you aren't Instagram only. It sounds like Instagram isn't even a significant part of your marketing program.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Facebook means you aren't Instagram only. Referrals in forums mean you aren't Instagram only. It sounds like Instagram isn't even a significant part of your marketing program.
That is correct. I mainly use Instagram as a "wharehouse" for photos of my work so that I can direct potential customers there so they can see samples of my previous work. I'm not doing much true marketing yet, as I'm lining this up to be my retirement job, which is still about 4 years out.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your assistance and wise words, kind sir! :)

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
His work is really great. He gets beautiful rough material and his cutting is really well done. I’ve not bought anything from him but I’ve bought many stones from the people he associates with. His connections make me confident that he’s reliable and I would feel comfortable buying from him. I also don’t care if he smokes pot; he’s an artist

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
If that is indeed the same person I do feel that it's kind of wrong to put that kind of personal info up on PS. Just my personal two cents, I know others may feel differently and feel that it's free game but something about posting that level of private info feels yucky.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A. I hate all these old threads popping-up lately.
B. Who gives a rat's rear about pot anymore? We can get our own here in CA, thanks. Don't know why it's some big ole offense. :wall:
C. You created a profile NOT to "do public service" but to stir the pot.
D. Get over it and yourself. I care about gems on a gem forum.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We're closing this old thread and posts that violated our policies have been removed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results