shape
carat
color
clarity

Nicest thing you have heard someone say about someone’s ring/jewelry

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since we have that thread about the meanest thing you’ve heard someone say about someone’s engagement ring, I thought we should do a reversal.
So, what’s the nicest thing you’ve heard someone say about someone’s ring/jewelry?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this topic @kayla17 :appl:

Hmm hard to remember all the lovely comments for all of my ERs past and present. My first ER an MRB garnered lots of compliments. It was bright and beautiful. Simple Tiffany style solitaire. I would get comments on how large and beautiful it was. All the time. Even on the subway lol. I remember the week we just got engaged and a gentleman approached me and said congratulations on your engagement. Lol I was so dumb I thought how does he know? :lol: Also made me slightly on edge and I started turning it around after that incident. He was a Wall Street guy and nothing untoward going on but still made me realize better keep it hidden.

Then I found PS and well everything changed. My passion for old cut diamonds was re ignited and the rest is (old cut) history. And the lovely comments began anew. I often got “ oh your husband really loves you” :lol:

I wish I could remember more specific compliments but suffice to say my OEC gets noticed in a positive way from what I notice.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just remembered the nicest compliment I ever received. It was from a PSer. She said she would give everything she owned just to have a ring as beautiful as mine. That was the sweetest compliment I ever received. For my ring.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A digit-bending gold ring I used to wear got so many compliments & ocasional requests to try on - from men - I was more than once taken aback.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nicest comment I have received has been from a PSer as well. And not for my VC ering but my reset original .33ct in a custom band. Though the comments about the VC are amazing too.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about you @kayla17 ?
I think the nicest and funniest thing someone ever said to me was a patient. I was putting an IV in and he was on the phone. He said something like “Yo, this nurse has a big ass ring!”. I laughed and said thank you and he said- “Sorry. Taking to my friend. Gotta keep it real!”.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week at a conference, the girl handing out programs spotted my CVB Astrid ring and exclaimed "OMG..that ring...someone must really love you!!". Usually when I get compliments, I feel guilty and admit it is a moissanite but didn't have the heart to break her illusion about the ring.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Years ago, I worked with a great girl whose guy gave her a spectacular (to my mind) ring. Big, round stone (1.5ct?) with three baguettes on each side of a wide gold band. (This was the early 90s) I thought her ring was dazzling. But she so often would comment to me how sparkly and pretty my .67ct ring was. She meant it, she just loved looking at jewelry and enjoyed seeing it on people and loved the symbolism, I think, too. We'd chat about rings, mine, hers, my wedding and anniversary rings, what she wanted for her wedding ring, anything else we had or spotted. All in the most positive way.

I miss that girl, I hope she's doing well. I think she might like this board!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I love how women bond together over each other's jewelry, especially wedding and engagement rings.
I never hesitate to compliment someone about theirs. It always makes them smile. Then I get to hear the backstory, and share my own.
The nicest thing I ever heard was, "Your husband must really love you a lot!", but it was funny because it was during a garage sale, we had just finished cleaning out the yard, so I wasn't wearing my real diamond, just a little QVC sparkler for fun.

I laughed so hard when I got back in the house. Oh my gosh. All I could think was, "Yep, he sure does. All of $25 worth!"

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get the most compliments on a haloed diamond ring. You can’t beat the sparkle factor of a halo. I can’t count how many people have asked to see that ring.

@kayla17 , You story was hysterical. I bet you have many stories from working with your patients.

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A girlfriend and I were having dinner the other night, when a gaggle of girls came in and sat behind us. We soon learned they were celebrating an engagement when one if them screamed verbatim "OMG YOU CAN SEE THAT THING FROM SPACE!"

I think it was simultaneously the nicest and funniest comment on a ring - trust me, I spent a decent amount of time sneaking looks at the ring... and I have to say it definitely it had wow factor - I'm guessing ~1ct, double halo.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Last week at a conference, the girl handing out programs spotted my CVB Astrid ring and exclaimed "OMG..that ring...someone must really love you!!". Usually when I get compliments, I feel guilty and admit it is a moissanite but didn't have the heart to break her illusion about the ring.

Hey! Lol someone can get you a moissanite and still love you just as much as someone who got their wife a huge diamond! Those CVB settings are special too. I don't think you misled her at all :) a gorgeous ring is a gorgeous ring to me. No matter what it is made of :)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get the most compliments on a haloed diamond ring. You can’t beat the sparkle factor of a halo. I can’t count how many people have asked to see that ring.

@kayla17 , You story was hysterical. I bet you have many stories from working with your patients.
Actually I don’t bc I worked NICU for so long I never wore my rings. But now that I’m doing something else I can wear them. Which is great bc I feel a lot more comfortable now wearing my bling. ;)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a large cluster ring that I loved. Someone once said to me that they thought it looked cheap. I shared that comment here once, and a bunch of ladies chimed in on how wrong they thought the person was, and Erica (at that time from Jewels By Erica Grace) commented and said that she loved my ring, thought it was all sorts of classy, that a lot of people understood nothing except the common ol' solitaire, and that she'd wear my ring in a heartbeat and would have been able to sell it to her customers a thousand times over. That one comment salved years of hurt.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey! Lol someone can get you a moissanite and still love you just as much as someone who got their wife a huge diamond! Those CVB settings are special too. I don't think you misled her at all :) a gorgeous ring is a gorgeous ring to me. No matter what it is made of :)

Quite true...and honestly, I would be over the moon if my dh purchased it for me. He gave up picking out my jewelry decades ago (not a bad thing) and my reaction was more a reflection of my personal hangup when I wear a man-made stone that people mistake for real. I didn't mean to infer that moissanite was a lesser gift as I LOVE mine (better than any of my diamonds as I don't own a nice one).

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I'm gonna revive this old thread because who doesn't love a compliment?!

My recent funny compliment may be a little crude, so turn your head if you are easily offended ;)2

A young man, probably early 20s said to me the other day, "your man sure did put a c**k blocking rock on your hand!" Haha, hubby thought it was hysterical and said it was obviously working!:lol::lol::lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve heard many many lovely comments regarding people’s engagement rings. Getting engaged is one of the happiest times in someone’s life.

I’ve never found the comments about someone’s future husband or husband loving them based on the ring a compliment. Building a loving life with a person has little to do with a ring. I wish all young people realized this.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have a large cluster ring that I loved. Someone once said to me that they thought it looked cheap. I shared that comment here once, and a bunch of ladies chimed in on how wrong they thought the person was, and Erica (at that time from Jewels By Erica Grace) commented and said that she loved my ring, thought it was all sorts of classy, that a lot of people understood nothing except the common ol' solitaire, and that she'd wear my ring in a heartbeat and would have been able to sell it to her customers a thousand times over. That one comment salved years of hurt.

Often times it’s the kindness of strangers that help us greatly.
Your cluster ring sounded beautiful @mrs-b. I’m glad Erica’s comment helped you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm gonna revive this old thread because who doesn't love a compliment?!

My recent funny compliment may be a little crude, so turn your head if you are easily offended ;)2

A young man, probably early 20s said to me the other day, "your man sure did put a c**k blocking rock on your hand!" Haha, hubby thought it was hysterical and said it was obviously working!:lol::lol::lol:

Hahaha love it. Hysterical indeed. :lol:

Ugh what a rude comment from an ignorant individual. All your jewelry is exquisite @mrs-b. That is a fact. I am glad Erica was there and made you feel better. Rudeness can sting but loving words from the heart can erase that sting. I will add I would be thrilled and honored to wear any of your bling. Past or present. (((Hugs))).

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh what a rude comment from an ignorant individual. All your jewelry is exquisite @mrs-b. That is a fact. I am glad Erica was there and made you feel better. Rudeness can sting but loving words from the heart can erase that sting. I will add I would be thrilled and honored to wear any of your bling. Past or present. (((Hugs))).

::)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“Omg it’s gorgeous, can I try it on?”

And

At two saints games ago, the stranger young lady sitting next to me told me my sapphire ring was gorgeous and what stone was the middle because she had only seen dark inky sapphires and wasn’t sure if it was a sapphire or not.

I took that as a high compliment that she saw something different in my ring.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a recent cruise, a fellow passenger (male) asked to see my rings and said he’d seen me sparkling all around the ship :lol:

aaron10

Rough_Rock
It was a necklace my husband gave me when we got married three years ago. I have received many compliments on its uniqueness and value.
wordle unlimited

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results