shape
carat
color
clarity

Nice European? Dave Atlas or others?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
This diamond is rated poor to average, on dirt cheap diamonds, but I think they are rating it w/ modern standards. Dave Atlas'' chart for OEC''s says the depth is very good and the table is very good as well. Anyone care to comment. The measurements look ok to me. Please comment...

Diamond Details - 1728739 $3,479
Stock Number: 1728739
Laboratory: EGL
Carat Weight: 1.11
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
Shape: European Cut
Depth: 57.6%
Table: 58%
Polish:
Symmetry:
Culet:
Girdle: -
Fluorescence:
Measurements: 6.64 x 6.61 x 3.81
Cut: Poor to Average
Shop here only if budget is a main concern. These diamonds probably still look good, but they are either cut too deep for their size or have very large tables.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I only have Dave's chart as well. I suspect that with an OEC the best bet is to have someone like Dave evaluate it in person tell you if it's a nice one.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Well, it certainly doesn't seem too deep, or like the table's too wide. I wonder if the symmetry is poor, or if the girdle is extremely thin? Also, how do you tell which EGL lab graded it?

antiquediamond

Rough_Rock
From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, EGL or any certification for that matter doesn't matter with the old stones. We'd never buy it w/o seeing it first, that's for certain. Can you have an diamond sent to an appraiser in your area and at least look at it while it's being appraised? Pardon my naivete if that's a silly question.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This is not an expert opinion, but personally a lab cert for an older stone would mean diddly to me. I just don't think it could tell me what I'd want to know. I'd just send to Dave Atlas or someone else who specializes in old stones, and ask him if it's a good stone for its kind.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/18/2003 6
6.gif
0:12 PM antiquediamond wrote:

From what I understand, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, EGL or any certification for that matter doesn't matter with the old stones. ----------------

You're probably right....I don't know much about this yet....But I would think that it would be good to know whether it's likely that the stone is actually J vs2 or if it's probably a grade or more off. Surely those factors make some difference to the value of an old cut stone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results