shape
carat
color
clarity

Nice alternative to a Burberry Trench

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone have any suggestions on a nice classic trench that is a good and affordable alternative to Burberry?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been eyeing the J Crew one, but not sure if its equally nice or not.

I''d be interested to hear other suggestions as well!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
i saw a cute one in an editorial ad in Glamour with Jessica Simpson. It was Banana Republic. I went to their website and they only have it in dark indigo
8.gif
I really want that classic tan color.

br trench.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That is a super cute trench
1.gif

I have to admit though, I''m a little wary of BR''s products these days - my experience with the last several things I''ve bought there has been that the quality has really gone downhill - sweaters and shirts that spring holes after just 2-3 wearings, etc...so I''m really not inclined to buy things there until that problem has improved somewhat.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 2:17:27 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
That is a super cute trench
1.gif

I have to admit though, I''m a little wary of BR''s products these days - my experience with the last several things I''ve bought there has been that the quality has really gone downhill - sweaters and shirts that spring holes after just 2-3 wearings, etc...so I''m really not inclined to buy things there until that problem has improved somewhat.
I agree. I bought a cashmere sweater and it was pilling within 2 wears!!

Who knew that finding a cute trench would be so hard. I really don''t want to lay down $1K!!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
They are impossible to find.
I finally gave up and got a Tahiri from Nordstrom, but I have not even worn it. I got the sateen one. It was the best I could find, and it leaves a lot to be desired. I kept trying them on, and they don''t fit right. The arms are too skimpy, the waist is too short, etc. Does no one ever need a trench coat anymore? They used to be easy to find.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm,, I was in Burberry the other day and they had the cutest Plaid Trench- I soooo wanted it, but not for the pricetag
14.gif
anyhoot. I remember seeing so many beige color Trench coats last year (I was obsessive over peacoats, bought too many) I still think Jcrew would have nice selections, I haven't been on their websites in ages though.

How bout Kenneth Cole? or check on Nordstrom's website? I bought a very nice Calvin Klein Coat on Macy's website on sale a while ago.

Or how bout a BCBG Trench Coat?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That''s the J Crew one I was thinking of!

I''m really hoping it will go on sale after the holidays, and I''ll be able to scoop one up. I think I''ll likely go with the black though - its just more me, somehow...

I can see what you mean about it possibly being too short - I''m only 5''3" though, so I think its unlikely it would be too short on me
3.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
The J Crew one is nice, though true does seem a little short - but that could just be because its on a model with sky high legs.

I luurrve burberry trench coats, and hope to buy one one day....obviously ill be saving my pennies for that
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2009 7:33:34 PM
Author: Blackpaw
The J Crew one is nice, though true does seem a little short - but that could just be because its on a model with sky high legs.

I luurrve burberry trench coats, and hope to buy one one day....obviously ill be saving my pennies for that
9.gif

Definitely ditto to this blackpaw - if anything, my experience has always been that J Crew''s stuff tends to run quite long, so I''d suspect it was more likely appearing short because of a tall model, rather than actually being short.

Of course, the best way to find out would be to either try it on in a store, or wait for a free shipping special and order it to see. I think I may stalk it through the after-Christmas sale period, to see if the price comes down...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results