shape
carat
color
clarity

Newly upgraded,round H&A engagement ring with pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been lurking around here for quite some time now, but i''m not posting very often. Nevertheless, i consider myself a proud pricescoper and as such i thought that i should share my story and pictures of my new upgraded ER with my pricescope friends
1.gif

So, my beloved, long distance boyfriend of four years now, has finally proposed last July! It was a very moving proposal! It all happened in Beirut Lebanon, where his parents and sister live. We were visiting his familly, which i hadn''t met until then, since i live in Athens Greece and he lives in...Canada (he works there!). So after i met his wonderful familly and spent much time with them, having fun and getting to know each other, i invited everybody out to dinner on my boyfriend''s birthday! We went to this lovely place up in the mountains outside Beirut and had the time of our lives!!! Eventually, the birthday cake arrived! My boyfriend blew the candles and right after i was finished cutting the cake and giving pieces to everybody, he took a BIRKS blue box out of his...mother''s purse (he had hidden it in there
31.gif
) turned to me and said..."Well, you know that we go back a loooong way...Our love has been stronger than the huge distance and all the other obstacles that came our way during this time...I can''t imagine life without you..so...will you please marry me"? Ahhhh....I thought i''d die from happiness!! Then the box opened and there was the ring...hmm...
15.gif
I remember saying to him repeatedly that i wished for a pink sapphire engagement ring, if that moment ever came...
5.gif
So,he thought that he''d better go to BIRKS, Toronto, ask for the "best" pink sapphire ring they had and get it from me...!
32.gif
He really thought that this was a safe choice...
14.gif
He doesn''t know anything about jewellry, rings, etc and he didn''t want to ask for my help because he thought that it should be a surprise...Oh..and it was but not a very pleasant one
15.gif
The ring had a 0.80 ct, non treated pink sapphire central stone and six diamonds, three on each side of the sapphire. The stones were set in platinum. Everybody who saw it, his familly, my familly, my friends, my colleagues...EVERYBODY loved it...except me
15.gif
Let''s say that i had pictured it differently in my mind...I really wanted a lighter colored pink sapphire, in a halo...
After that, i thought that what mattered the most was the engagement itself and i didn''t think much of the ring...But he knew that i didn''t love it and i felt disappointed, so eventually, he said that i can get a diamond solitaire ring to wear as an ER and i could keep the sapphire as a RHR, since it had such sentimental value for us...
We got a beautiful 0.50 ct, IF, E color, ex,ex,ex cut diamond solitaire ring, which kept me happy for approximately...two months!!! It''s all your fault guys!!!
2.gif
You''ve got such beautiful rings here, it''s so hard to resist!!!
Soooo...after all that long story, we decided to upgrade and...be happy (finally) for good!!!
36.gif

Today, i''ve put on my hand my upgrade ER, which is for me a dream come true...Definitely not as big as most of the rings that i see here, but absolutely perfect for me...Ohh...so perfect! I am really in love with it and the man who has been so extremely patient with me and has made everything happen! I just can''t begin to explain how happy i am!
Sooo...i guess i should post pictures but i''m warning you that i''m a terrible photographer ...(you''ve been warned!!!
31.gif
)

The specs are:

GIA 5106676927
Round Brilliant - Hearts and Arrows
6.19 X 6.24 X 3.84
0.90 ct
E color
VVS2 clarity
Cut grade: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Pictures are coming up!!!
35.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t upload the pictures
15.gif

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring on the head of The Lady of Lebanon
1.gif

Apollonian light 007 (2).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another one!

Apollonian light 002 (3).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And another one...

Apollonian light 009 (2).jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Love the story behind your rings!!! Your ring is beautiful!!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!! Can''t wait to see more pictures...I''m probably interrupting your posting....

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And more..!

Apollonian light 001 (2).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you''re not getting bored here!!

Apollonian light 008 (2).jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More!

Lady.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, this is the last one for now! I''ll be back with flower pictures!!!

glyfada.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations and best wishes!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful man! Congratulations on your dream ring! Do you have a picture of your sapphire RHR?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind wishes!
1.gif
AprilBaby thank you soo much for the polite comments!
21.gif
I don''t have any pictures of the sapphire ring but i promise that i''ll take some very soon and i''ll definitely post them!
35.gif

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! Can you tell us about the setting? It looks quite unique.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snicklefritz the setting was made here in Greece by my greek jeweller, Stratos Tezapsides. He comes from a familly of jewellers that go four generations back.They are well known here for their fine and unique work on hand made jewellry. This setting resembles a lot to the kind that was used for the traditional ER, that most ladies were offered here in Greece especially in the past. We call it "kafassoto" and the word can''t really be translated in english! My jeweller has made though certain alterations compared to that traditional kind of setting, according to my own taste and instructions. I really love it and i''m glad that it is unique and different than what i see, especially when i travel to Canada and the States. Here in Greece you can see similar settings often, even though ladies tend to prefer more the Tiffany style nowadays!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 11:18:49 AM
Author: nataliesamaras
Snicklefritz the setting was made here in Greece by my greek jeweller, Stratos Tezapsides. He comes from a familly of jewellers that go four generations back.They are well known here for their fine and unique work on hand made jewellry. This setting resembles a lot to the kind that was used for the traditional ER, that most ladies were offered here in Greece especially in the past. We call it ''kafassoto'' and the word can''t really be translated in english! My jeweller has made though certain alterations compared to that traditional kind of setting, according to my own taste and instructions. I really love it and i''m glad that it is unique and different than what i see, especially when i travel to Canada and the States. Here in Greece you can see similar settings often, even though ladies tend to prefer more the Tiffany style nowadays!
What a great history! And I''ve learned something new too! It certainly is a special ring you got there. Enjoy!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
congrats! that unique illusion setting gives you amazing finger coverage:)

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Its lovely! ..and very unique!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Many congrats
36.gif
Your ring looks like a crown!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my..!!! Thank you Risingsun, i think that''s the best compliment my ring will ever receive!!!
35.gif

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I''m glad you have a ring now that makes you so happy. I''d love to see a profile pic and pics of your sapphire ring too.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is divine and you have beautiful hands. Can we see pink sapphire also?

congrats.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for finally loving your ring! That is beautiful and I love love love the setting!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pink sapphire original engagement ring with its dear friend, my half eternity band! They hung out together a lot!!!
For my friends here who asked for this picture!

pink 002 (2).jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, the sapphire is just as beatiful!! Congratulations on having such a loving fiance!

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
very unique! congratulations!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the sapphire ring. You''re lucky to have two sets to play around with!
1.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congradulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results