shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie setting question (reposted from Show me the ring...sorry)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bellorama

Rough_Rock
I have searched the FAQ and found nothing so excuse me if this is a dup question. After spending hours on the vendor sites I see several settings I love for my upgrade diamond. Do you send your diamond to the vendor (because I don''t think DH would go for that) or do you send the specs and have the diamond set locally?

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
If we had continued with the online vendor that we found (we changed our minds), our plan was to buy the stone online, have it appraised, insured, then send with FEDEX. This was because we thought it would be structurally better for the ring to be cast and set at once, rather than having it heated again. Of course, I''m speaking as a customer who knows nothing about jewelry making.

As long as you have documents and an insurance policy that covers lost/theft, you should be fine. I think you can trust most online vendors not to switch stones, but taking lots of pictures might help too.

Bellorama

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I am hoping once I settle on a setting (there are so many good ones!) and talk to the vendor I choose I will be more comfortable. It seems lots of the diamond sellers use FEDEX also.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi bell,

Are you going to buy the new stone online too? or local?

Bellorama

Rough_Rock
Nope, I have the stone...well, not yet...I actually found the ring a week or so ago in hubby''s sock drawer and am waiting for it to be presented to me. God forbid I don''t get it tomorrow because I am not supposed to know about it and can''t ask but it''s killing me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
depending on what setting you choose, i''d probably send it to the vendor for setting. so many times settings get messed up when the local folks try and set the stones. you might also have a hard time finding someone to just set a stone you didn''t purchase from them into a setting you didn''t purchase from, know what i mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results