shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cushioncutter

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow PSers!!!!! I absolutely love this site!!!!!!

I was in the process of e-ring shopping and I found my way here. So glad I did. Found so much additional information and reading many of the posts and articles have been very insightful in my quest for the perfect ring
emotion-5.gif
!!!!! Very Helpful to a novice such as myself.....

I''m in the market for a cushion cut most likely 1-1.25c and of good quality. I have narrowed my search down to the following vendors:

Blue Nile: large variety of stones
James Allen: has some good quality stones and affordable
GOG: Seem to be pretty knowledgable
ERD: Not to familiar, but from what I have read it sound like Mark T. is worth talking too before I purchase anything.

I must admit I am leaning a little bit towards James Allen because of the setting selections. There is one inparticular that I like. view here

What other advise would any of you have in purchasing what I am looking for?
What do you think of the setting? Will I have an issue with a wedding band because it doesn''t look like it will sit well with the setting I have picked.

Any feedback that you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Regards -Jesse
35.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is going to look great with a cushion. I think there is a similar one by Ritani...

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
I would go with James Allen, great service!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/16/2008 2:28:29 PM
Author:cushioncutter
Hello fellow PSers!!!!! I absolutely love this site!!!!!!

I was in the process of e-ring shopping and I found my way here. So glad I did. Found so much additional information and reading many of the posts and articles have been very insightful in my quest for the perfect ring
emotion-5.gif
!!!!! Very Helpful to a novice such as myself.....

I'm in the market for a cushion cut most likely 1-1.25c and of good quality. I have narrowed my search down to the following vendors:

Blue Nile: large variety of stones
James Allen: has some good quality stones and affordable
GOG: Seem to be pretty knowledgable
ERD: Not to familiar, but from what I have read it sound like Mark T. is worth talking too before I purchase anything.

I must admit I am leaning a little bit towards James Allen because of the setting selections. There is one inparticular that I like. view here

What other advise would any of you have in purchasing what I am looking for?
What do you think of the setting? Will I have an issue with a wedding band because it doesn't look like it will sit well with the setting I have picked.

Any feedback that you could give would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Regards -Jesse
35.gif
Welcome Jesse,

I would check out Mark at ERD for cushions, he really has an expert eye for them. Also Jon at GOG have also sold some beautiful cushions. BN do not offer photos and other aids to help you evaluate a cushion and photos are at least essential as you cannot judge a cushion by the numbers, so I would recommend you stick to vendors who have in house diamonds and can provide all the info you need to pick the right diamond.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mark at ERD is certainly worth calling. He's fabulous and has a real eye for cushions. We bought mine from him and couldn't be happier. Depending on who makes that setting he might be able to get it for you too. AND not to mention that he has access to TONS and TONS more settings than what are on his website, so just tell him what you want and he can show you some options.

James Allen's cushions can leave something to be desired sometime, so you really need to be prepared to spend a bit of time searching their site and looking at pictures because some are nice and some aren't.

But both vendors are great and will treat you well.

cushioncutter

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback so far!!!!

Initially I was focussed on BN, but through this site I have found some alternatives to investigate and it is really giving me a good perspective.

I''ll keep you posted with details of my journey and eventually what I purchase.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/16/2008 3:02:23 PM
Author: cushioncutter
Thanks for the feedback so far!!!!

Initially I was focussed on BN, but through this site I have found some alternatives to investigate and it is really giving me a good perspective.

I''ll keep you posted with details of my journey and eventually what I purchase.

Bluenile isn''t a great place to purchase fancies because they provide no pictures or ASET images which are really crucial to telling if a cushion is nice or not.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results