shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Question About Yellow Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RTols88

Rough_Rock
Hey, I''m new to the board and I have a burning question. I''m looking to get a yellow diamond and I was wondering how yellow S-Z grade diamonds are and what the average wholesale price per caret is for diamonds of those grades? Also, What Clarity grade would you recomend for a prong set radiant cut stone for someone who wants the most fire possible for the lowest price?

Rebecca

RTols88

Rough_Rock
Also, How much whiter would the diamond look if it was set in white gold?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why would you want to make a yellow diamond look white? You need to emphasize the yellow IMO!

Here are two U-V diamonds. I don''t have the radiant anymore but certainly do have the heart cut. You''ll see that although they''re both U-V, their colour is different. The Radiant was a real vanilla yellow but the heart is a golden honey yellow. Both were set in yellow gold and would have looked very odd in white gold.

As for clarity ......... you need to decide what cut first as that dictates perhaps the clarity you should go for. Also, the fire/sparkle from a U-V isn''t the same as from a white G-H diamond for example. Have you seen a U-V diamond? If not, it might be worth seeing a few before making up your mind because if it''s sparkle and fire you''re looking for, a U-V diamond may not deliver.

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Rebecca,

Diamonds in the S-Z colors are yellowish not yellow and there is a good reason that the old term used to describe them is byewater.

A majority of fancy yellow diamonds will be radiant cut because the radiant increases the light path and the saturation of color.

Fancy yellow diamonds are graded as follows: fancy light, fancy, fancy intense, fancy deep, fancy vivid. Fancy vivid is the most expensive, however, fancy deep can be quite lovely. Since there are 24 grades of colorless diamonds and only 5 grades of yellow, the grade does not tell the whole story. There are also yellow-orange and orange-yellow.

Clarity has little effect on brilliance between SI2-Flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results