shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Purchase - Objective Opinions Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rolling Thunder

Rough_Rock
Hey all - I'm new to the forums and would love your objective feedback on my Blue Nile purchase. Also, since I only have a loose stone at this point, what can I expect to pay for a simple 14K White Gold solitaire setting? The diamond cost $3600, and I would ideally like to keep the budget at $4000 if at all possible. Thanks so much!

Blue Nile - Loose Diamond Purchase:

Price: $3,620 (after $100 discount)

Carat weight: 0.70

Cut: Signature Ideal, Princess Cut

Color: D

Clarity: VVS2

Depth %: 69.8%

Table %: 67%

Symmetry: Excellent

Polish: Excellent

Girdle: Slightly thick to thick

Culet: None

Fluorescence: None

Measurements: 5.01 x 4.96 x 3.46 mm

Length/width ratio: 1.01

BN Info Page

Rolling Thunder

Rough_Rock
I wish I would have discovered PS before ordering my diamond. I'm sure I'll be happy with my purchase, but there are some great deals for Members here.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rolling Thunder!

I think you did pretty well! I don't know a lot about princess cut diamonds, but the depth and table are in line with what AGA defines as an "Ideal Cut". You'd need the other numbers to know for sure, though. Does it have a lot of sparkle and fire? That's the most important thing.

AGA Charts (Where it says "Please select", scroll for Princess.)

As for how much a white gold solitaire would be, it all depends on where you go to find one. Blue Nile has them for $300 and up, and other sites have them for as low as $100. You could probably send the stone back to Blue Nile to have it set, and it might save you the setting fee others would charge since the diamond didn't come from them. Unless, of course, you find a really great deal on a ring locally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results