shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie looking for advice

OutsideTO

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I've been browsing this forum for a little while and picked up a lot of valuable info. So thanks! Coming from next to zero background knowledge, I'd love any feedback you guys might have on this diamond, which I'm considering purchasing from an online vendor.

http://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=7238185348

While I'm still waiting for ASET images, the specs are promising (I think): I know 60/60 diamonds are a topic for debate, but this one falls into the excellent/ideal range of GIA and AGS.

So, what do you guys think? Anything I'm missing, or should watch out for?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crown is too low. Stick to 33.5-35. Okay?

You don't need VS1.

OutsideTO

Rough_Rock
*bump*

Any other thoughts?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As you know, it's a 60/60. You will be sacrificing colored light return for white light return, especially with that low crown angle. Wait for the ASET before making a decision. But as Gypsy said, you don't need VS1 - it's overkill, and you could get to a carat by dropping clarity a bit.

Listen to Gypsy.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dropping the clarity to VS2 or even SI1 will not get the OP a full carat H. The stone is HCA less than 2.0 with GIA x and AGS 0 proportions.

My main issue is not the light performance (dispersion) or the clarity. SPREAD

Despite the low depth, 6.20-6.24mm is not impressive for a 60/60 0.9c.

fair75

Rough_Rock
I agree with Gypsy that the crown is too low. And other numbers aren't stellar either. The pavilion angle of 41 is prone to light leakage. The girdle thickness is 4%, which means it reduces the spread the diamond would have enjoyed. So the effect of the low crown angle (less fire) and the potential light leakage of pavilion angle of 41 would be too much in my opinion. If you really like this diamond, you can request ideal scope/ASET scope images to verify the light performance. Although these images won't show you the amount of fire the diamond has, they reveal how much light is reflected back to the eyes. Like I indicated in another post, I recently purchased a diamond that has all the ideal proportions except the crown angle. It is 36 and I gave it a chance because I was able to use my ideal scope to verify the light performance. The light leakage is minimal, which is excellent for crown angle of 36. And the fire is amazing, which I expected with a high crown. I ended up buying it. However, in my case, the crown angle is the only concern. The diamond you have in question here just has too much against it if you ask me. Also I agree that VS1 may not be necessary if your primary focus is to get the biggest diamond within your budge that is eye clean. Most of the time people demand higher clarity because of the cultural and social reasons. Or if the person really wants it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results