shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie Assistance: Round Super Ideal 1.1 - 1.3 carat

Lh2il0

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I just want to say thank you all for the wealth of knowledge that has been gathered on PS. This has been extremely helpful in our search for the perfect engagement ring. After reading a lot and visiting jewelers I think we've narrowed down what we want, but we have so much doubt if we're truly finding what we are looking for. Is there any chance, ya'll can help us find the stone we are looking for?

We are looking for a diamond, that has amazing brilliance/fire/sparkle and my understanding is super ideals like ACA are almost guaranteed to have that(i think?). We plan on setting it on a platinum 6 prong knife edge ring similar to the Tiffany's classic one - after searching on PS, I think the WF one is a good fit for our budget. We would also like the following:

Budget: up to $9000 for just the diamond
Shape: Round
Carat: Anywhere between 1.1 - 1.3
Color: H and above (we couldn't really see a color difference between H and any above)
Clarity: SI1 and above (honestly our eyes are so bad we couldn't even see SI2 inclusions with our naked eye :lol:)

What do you guys think about these two? To my newbie eyes, the IS, ASET, HA, and HCA all look good, but I can't tell the difference. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thank you so much for your time!

1) https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4065511.htm

2) https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4065512.htm

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think - with ACAs (and CBIs from HPD) - you can pretty much just pick a diamond within your specs/budget and you’re all-but guaranteed to have a pretty stellar performing diamond. CBIs tend to be a little higher priced than ACAs, but those on here who have owned/seen both do credit CBIs with having a little ‘something extra’ in their secret sauce.

If you want to stretch your budget a smidge further and possibly get an ‘almost-ACA’ but perhaps a little more size, also take a look at Whiteflash’s Expert Selection line. These are diamonds they have in house that very narrowly just miss ACA branding, so you can save a little money if that is a concern or perhaps get a slightly larger diamond if you want. They also (unless something has changed) qualify for WF’s upgrade program, which I think is great if someone wants to ‘step up’ over time. My avatar picture to the left is a WF expert selection and it’s really an outstanding diamond that never fails to perform in person.

Lh2il0

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! This was very helpful.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These 2 look extremely similar to my eyes. You honestly can't go wrong with any of the ACA options (or other branded super ideals). You won't be disappointed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results