shape
carat
color
clarity

New Year's Day wedding date?

paris29

Shiny_Rock
Ok for those of you have read my past post you might already know my FF and I had planned to get married on July 29, 2011(the day we met) but now that we have decided and finally got my parents to understand that we want a small wedding only 7 people (both our parents, FF's brother, and the two of us) we want to move the wedding date up. We are trying to figure out a date. I was thinking about New Years Day, so this January 1, 2011. I know that people are doing their own thing on New's year Eve so I thought an evening wedding on the actually day of new year's would be better, that way everyone could be will rested, etc. We are both students so it is hard to find time we both have off, that isn't during the summer. What do you guys think of a New Year's Day wedding.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If all 7 guests are fine with it and can make it, I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds perfect! Every new year will be your anniversary!
If none of the 7 people have a problem, and you two are cool with it, then have a blessed wedding new years day! :D

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have to change the kind of wedding you want by moving it to the winter? I saw you mentioned Hawaii and that would be great in January, but I don't know how this would affect a non-island wedding.

If the weather difference is inconsequential and your family is up for New Year's Day, I say go for it!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm getting married NYE of this year. Originally I wanted NYD. After talking to lots of people on here and in real life I decided on NYE. Everyone said they would prefer to party in the new year with a wedding and that they thought everyone would be tired/hung over the next day, plus there is a huge college football game on NYD. Since you are only having 7 guests these issues may not affect the day you want. Its worth asking all 7 what they prefer if either day doesn't make a difference to you.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I think that could be really nice. Just something to think about though. I wouldn't have my wedding NYD any time in the next few years because my brother is pretty young and still quite the partier. I'm pretty sure he'd be hungover or at least really really tired at my wedding and that would really make me angry. Not sure if that will be an issue with any of your guests, but it would be for me.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I think a small New Years Day wedding would be sweet. Like everyone else says, just make sure it works for your 7 guests. If so, then I would absolutely do it!

peach_tea_for_me

Shiny_Rock
I went to a small New Years Day wedding a few years ago for one of my very favorite couples. I was in the wedding and it was out of town. All the guests who came out on New Years Eve were invited to the home of a family member near by for the rehearsal dinner/ NYE party. It was so much fun and such a great part of the weekend. Since your wedding is also small, this could be a nice way to keep the celebration going all weekend and give everyone a great new year! Congrats to you and your SO!

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
your wedding date will be 1111. How cool is that??? I love it!!! :love: :love: :love: I want to be married on a cool date too. We'll see. heehee :bigsmile:

paris29

Shiny_Rock
So it's decided we will be having a New Year's Day wedding so excited, thanks for the help.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
paris29 said:
So it's decided we will be having a New Year's Day wedding so excited, thanks for the help.

Yay! Congrats! :appl:

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I *love* that your wedding date will be 1/1/11! That looks so great!

I was going to chime in and agree that a New Years Day wedding seems great, especially for just a few people. But I see that you've already made up your mind and are going with it! Great! :bigsmile:

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
I think its a GREAT DATE!

Go for it!

Lolala

Rough_Rock
Hello, my dear :love:
My wedding date is coming soon :dance:
I'm so tired of preparation and even don't remember what day it is, so can forget to buy a gift for my loved groom
Recently installed on my phone one lovely app :angel: http://mydaycountdown.com
no wonder others say that the technical devices are our smaller friends :rodent: Oh, it's interesting what his gift will look like? :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results