shape
carat
color
clarity

New wedding venue update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock

On Saturday I met with the owner/wedding coordinator of "Cav", the restaurant we''re considering for the wedding. I took pictures, but I forgot to upload them, so I''ll do it tonight. I''m 99.9% sure we''re going to go with this place. Here are some quotes from reviews on it.

"BEST RESTAURANT ATMOSPHERE" AWARD
Rhode Island Monthly
"Recommended as one of the five best restaurants in Providence"
N.Y. Times
"NATION''S BEST. What''s Hot in Providence. Cav Cuisine - Upscale contemporary."
National Restaurant News, December 2002
"JEWEL OF NEW ENGLAND" AWARD
Phantom Gourmet
"MOST UNIQUE'': Listed in the national survey of the 300 most unique places in the United States
''National Survey'', NY''s Detail Magazine
"MOST WORDLY BAR" AWARD
Phantom Gourmet

They don''t do many weddings, but they want to do more small-scale parties, so they''re willing to do a lot and give us a lot for our $$. So in the per person cost we''ll get:

*Ceremony space in their outdoor patio/courtyard area-including items needed to for the ceremony-chairs, runner, etc.

*Private reception space decorated specifically for the wedding with no time limit.

*Dedicated day-of coordinator.

*Access to their sound system.

*Open wine and beer bar (cash bar for mixed drinks and martinis)

*4-5 appetizers-baked brie, assorted crostini, lobster bisque "shooters", coconut shrimp, and one more TBD

*salad course

*entree (4 choices, fish, chicken/duck, beef, pasta)

*Cake for dessert

*Printed menus and place cards

*Flowers arranged by the owner/coordinator (we''d buy at wholesale cost for about $100-200 depending on what we want)

So for a party at one of the top restaurants in Providence, we think it''s a great deal ($4000-5000 including tax and tip). At the other place we were thinking of we''d have to pay separately for everything (the space $2500, the tables and chairs $1500, the caterer $7000-$10,000, bar $1500, not including tax/tips). And this space is so amazing, it takes your breath away.

So the wedding will be on a Sunday night. We''re thinking July 5th, or the 12th. We''re leaning towards the 5th as it''s a long weekend and a lot of people like to take the week off.

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. Not only do we have a place again at a price that we have a shot of being able to afford, but it gets us a little more time as well.

Stay tuned for pictures!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Haven! I used to go to the Cav during college - it was my friend''s favorite restaurant in Providence, and there are a lot of good restaurants.

Congratulations on the booking the venue!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some pictures of the venue. Sorry some of them are blurry. The flash was acting weird because of the lighting.

This is a picture of one of the outside buildings. This is in an areas of Providence that''s being gentrified or "refreshed".

Cav 1.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other building outside

Cav 2.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Entrance into the courtyard

Cav 3.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Restaurant sign

Cav 4.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The courtyard outside. At night the trees are filled with little white lights.

Cav 5.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The view as you enter. Sorry it''s so dark.

Cav 6.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another dark shot of the interior

Cav 7.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The reception room. I really wish these weren''t so dark!

Cav 9.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is a little better but blurry

Cav 10.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
little lounge area

Cav 11.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please excuse the keg in the middle of the floor

Cav 12.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shot going back into the front of the house

Cav 20.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
wall of antiquities

Cav 14.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
tapestry "door" between the rooms

Cav 15.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
closer shot of the courtyard where we''ll have the ceremony

Cav 17.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chandelier

Cav 21.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
funny little guy

Cav 18.jpg

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
Everything is just gorgeous, HH! You must be so excited to have found someplace that is so perfect for you. I especially love the courtyard.
30.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
HH this place looks GREAT!!! Wow, I can see why you''d really want this place! Hooray for snagging a great pick!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I''m so glad you found a place you love Hudson! I didn''t want to say this before, but when I visited the towers DH and I saw rats running around the kitchen. That crossed it off of our list. The new place looks so nice! I want to go check it out for dinner now!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, thank you for sparing me from that! It just blows my mind to think I can throw an entire reception for 30 ppl for the cost of just RENTING the towers for 5 hours.

Thank you all for your kind words
9.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love CAV! We took my sister there for dinner when she graduated from college in Providence a few years ago and it was really good. I love the atmosphere. I''m glad you found something that worked.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks amazing! I love old brick buildings. One of the interior pics reminded me of 10 Center, where we had the Boston GTG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results