shape
carat
color
clarity

New-to-me tourmaline earrings - maker's mark?

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Fun find at a benefit shop! Can anyone ID the stamp on the back? Might be a local designer, not well known, but thought I'd give it a whirl here. *tia!*

Attachments

• tourm-4-views.png
    tourm-4-views.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 44

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No help -- but they are very cool! And lovely!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
TY I think they're interesting! Recently became enchanted by emeralds, and the color green in general. So I snagged 'em.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This combines all my favorite things -- rich yellow gold, step cuts, emerald green, and tourmaline (my birthstone)! So beautiful!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Fun find at a benefit shop! Can anyone ID the stamp on the back? Might be a local designer, not well known, but thought I'd give it a whirl here. *tia!*

Sorry, I can't help with your questions, but those earrings are striking in their color and the size and proportion are perfect! I'm a sucker for that saturated gemmy green.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you probably know the 750 indicates 18 karat gold, and the maker's mark is likely Uncas Mfg Co., who in the 1920s began using a single left-facing arrow dissecting the "U" in half horizontally. There's lots of info on Uncas if you want to do a google search.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Well, you probably know the 750 indicates 18 karat gold, and the maker's mark is likely Uncas Mfg Co., who in the 1920s began using a single left-facing arrow dissecting the "U" in half horizontally. There's lots of info on Uncas if you want to do a google search.

Thank you - I'll look into Uncas!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
This combines all my favorite things -- rich yellow gold, step cuts, emerald green, and tourmaline (my birthstone)! So beautiful!!

Yes... hits all those marks for me, too. I didn't even know until just now that tourmaline was a new birthstone for October -- my month. Yay!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are stunning.
im wondering though if they are actually emeralds?

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
They are stunning.
im wondering though if they are actually emeralds?

Omg... don't I wish! In many lighting conditions the first impression is forest green.The pics were taken with overhead sunlight (except where I'm wearing one which is indoor artificial light). There's no discernible faceting on the underside, so the stones - which are 15x5mm - look sort of glassy (slices maybe?), but not without some kind of inclusions. Also the yellow gold showing through affects the color. I'm seeing a friend tomorrow who has a mountain of great gems, inherited from her mom who was a GIA grad (so she could shop smarter). I'll see what she thinks!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes... hits all those marks for me, too. I didn't even know until just now that tourmaline was a new birthstone for October -- my month. Yay!

I didn't learn this until recently either. Aren't we lucky to have both opal and tourmaline as our birthstones? :love:

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
@Ninama Congrats, what a sublime green! :kiss2:

Thank you! I drool over jewelry all the time (greens and peach/pinks are my fave gem colors), but other than my Nana's wedding ring, the earrings are the only other real pieces that I own. They feel substantial, too, which is nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results