shape
carat
color
clarity

New (to me) platinum band

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all - just thought I'd post a few pics of a band I purchased off ebay - inexpensive and an impulse buy - was disappointed at first, but after a good soaking I managed to get a bit of sparkle out of the stones, so I'm liking it a little better. Still want to get a really nice vintage band, but in the meantime this is fun to wear for a change. Nothing fancy but just wanted to share. Thanks in advance for taking a look!

img_0951.jpg

img_0960.jpg

img_0945.jpg

img_459.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, it's very pretty with your gorgeous e-ring! I definitely see the sparkle. Just the right amount, not too overpowering. Nice find, congrats!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that's a ring I was watching. It may not be the sparkliest but I love the antique look. Its like wearing a piece of history.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Laila - I was looking for a band for a while and just wasn't seeing anything in my size and price point - in hindsight, I'm really not in a very good place for bling-buying, having a hard time spending money on jewelry after the big purchase of the OEC in March. Basically what I'm saying is I cheaped out lol. I think I will just hold off until my 30th anniversary in a year and a half and go for something really nice then - it's easier to justify the purchase when it's for a big event! I'm surprised at how much I've ended up liking this little ring though.

Tyty, I'm thinking this might be a repro? The title of the listing says antique, the listing says vintage, so who knows :cheeky: I do like the style of this ring though - it's low enough to work with my ering. Was playing around with the idea of replacing the diamonds with better quality ones, but it would probably just be cheaper to buy another ring :D

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you for a great ebay find. I don't know how you do it with antique pieces. The idea of buying one from ebay has me totally intimidated, I don't know why considering I buy gemstones there all the time!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kind of forgot to address the ring, didn't I? :oops: I love the size of the diamonds relative to the width of the band and really love the milgraining. Very handsome.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That looks great with your e-ring! I know how it is though. You wanted something NOW and I think it fits the bill and satisfies a bit of an itch while you save up for something later. :) Enjoy it- it's very pretty! (And of course, your OEC is slobberlischous.) :lickout:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! A great forever ring or a really really nice temp one!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice find! Why can't I ever find anything on eBay?

D

Deactivated member 42515

Beautiful! I'm glad you found a band that fit your requirements for the moment. I think it looks perfect with your OEC!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's beautiful!! It's a perfect fit to your e-ring!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful. Just the right amount of fancy, to me. Enjoy!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Add me to the camp of those who thinks it looks great with your ering! Just enough sparkle to add to it while still letting your stone shine! Great find!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for taking the time to comment and the nice words minousbijoux, YT, Rosebloom, Aprilbaby,, madelise, KaeKae and yennyfire! It's a nice band and quite heavy, it's a pity whoever made it didn't use slightly better diamonds :cheeky:

Bastecat, you're right - I got tired of looking and this wasn't a lot of money, so I figured I'd get it until I find something else. It was hard to find something low enough for my ering and in my size. Thank you for the compliment about my OEC, I really appreciate it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!!! :love: It might really need a good cleaning at the jewelers. But I love that style band especially with an antique e-ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that band on you Junebug and with your ER it looks just beautiful! It really goes well IMO. I love it!!! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the band looks very nice with your ering - nice find!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, I think it looks great with your fabulous honking stone there!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug, i really like your new band. I love the specific style and quite frankly i think it's a good thing that it's not overpowering your ER. Huge congrats on a great E-Bay find :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS! I'm definitely getting it professionally cleaned, I'm a firm believer that nothing really gets a ring cleaner than that. Who knows, maybe I can get just a bit more sparkle out of these little stones!

Thanks for the positive comments missy, MrsGotRocks, and lknvrb4 and natyLad - this little band is growing on me, I find myself wearing it more than my plain band - I really see the appeal now of having different bands to wear with a solitaire, it's fun! I can see myself becoming a little addicted to stackers lol.

Thanks for the compliment on my stone Elisa - was having some DSS for a while there, seeing all of the larger stones here on PS. Am in a much better place now that I've realized my ring is just right for me.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I love it, have you had a chance to steam it? It might perk up even more than this.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks reader! :)) Actually, my daughter had given me an ultrasonic cleaner for Christmas last year and I've been afraid to use it because of the vibrations but decided to pop this in and I have to say, it really helped! There's a noticeable difference. I was kind of amazed. I took it to a jeweler for sizing and a cleaning, and the stones look about the same, so I guess I've gotten it as clean as it can be. He polished it though, and it looks brand new!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1359304333|3364856 said:
Thanks reader! :)) Actually, my daughter had given me an ultrasonic cleaner for Christmas last year and I've been afraid to use it because of the vibrations but decided to pop this in and I have to say, it really helped! There's a noticeable difference. I was kind of amazed. I took it to a jeweler for sizing and a cleaning, and the stones look about the same, so I guess I've gotten it as clean as it can be. He polished it though, and it looks brand new!

Uh oh, this requires new pics Junebug! Bet it looks great!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
I think that band is lovely. I love a vintage ring. Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much vicky! :)

I had a really hard time getting a pic of the better sparkle - But the cleaning really did help. Excuse the dry and extra wrinkly hands, it's freezing here! ;(

img_1046.jpg

img_514.jpg

img_515.jpg

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The ultrasonic made all the difference, the stones are much brighter!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niiiiiiiiice find, Junebug!!! And what a difference the ultrasonic/jeweller clean and polish has made! It really brightened it right up - looks incredible with your ering - both really stand out VERY bright white!! LOOKS AWESOME!! Congrats on the great eBay scoop! :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks a lot Enerchi and Mrs. W! :)) The ultrasonic really made a difference - I appreciate the kind words, it's nice to share here on PS - nobody IRL cares lol!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Totally in love! You did very, very well indeed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results