shape
carat
color
clarity

New Tanzanite E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgoddis

Rough_Rock

My BF recently bought me an e-ring off of Ebay. It has a deep violet oval cut (.82) Tanzanite stone in the center and two accent (.3 total) diamonds. It is really pretty, just the right piece for me. (I don''t have any digital pics of it yet but I will take some and post them as soon as I can.)

There''s just one thing that concerns me and I don''t have the heart to mention it to my BF. When you look at the stone from the top it sparkles very nicely, but only from the middle down. The top half appears very dark and hardly sparkles at all. The really strange thing is when you turn the ring around, it still sparkles from the middle down. What could be causing this? Is it because of the way it was cut? Luckily he didn''t spend too much on it (although to him $1000 is alot).

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

Have you gotten this ring verified by an appraiser?

Just curious to know what they have to say about the stone authenticity, color, quality and approximate value...

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Could it be because tanzanite (aka zoisite) is a trichroic (three color) stone and will appear to be diffenent in different crystal directions? This may depend on how the gem was cut from the rough.

Maybe the experts can explain here.

gemgoddis

Rough_Rock

Date: 11/10/2004 7:44:43 PM
Author: Nicrez

Have you gotten this ring verified by an appraiser?

Just curious to know what they have to say about the stone authenticity, color, quality and approximate value...

I just dropped the e-ring off at the jewelers yesterday for appraisel. Won''t get it back until next week!

7.gif
Still working on pictures. I took a few but they are kind of dark and really large. Trying to lighten them up and shrink them down a bit before I attach them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results