shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting for upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I have re-posted this from JP to here at the suggestion of Fly Girl - figuring out where to post is harder than it looks!

I have a 1.01 carat round diamond that I have had in a fancy setting for a year now, and we got married in December. I will be coming into some money in a month or two, and the husband has said I can pick out a new setting. I really love this one, but it is just hard to pair bands with (the one I got does not truly match it - I attached a picture), and I am really itching for a plain solitaire. I plan to switch this band to my right hand with a colored stone of some kind in it.

Anyhow, I have been browsing for a fairly inexpensive solitaire setting. I like cathedral, but the biggest thing is that I prefer white gold and I want to be able to match bands with it easily - so nothing I would have to get a curved band for. I am also considering upgrading the diamond to something bigger, so a setting that could hold a 2 carat would be nice, too (a different cut as well, probably princess). Where do you ladies suggest?

2256044754_b932174197_m.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You wouldn't be able to use the same setting for a 2 ct. stone, so your best bet is to get the least expensive solitaire setting you can find for now. Any local jeweler should have plain solitaires in stock or that they can order for something like $300, give or take a few dollars. If you are planning on upgrading in the next few years, I'd just get 14k. But for the permanent ring, I would get platinum or 18k white gold. I think it's a great idea to use your current setting for a right hand ring with a colored stone!

PS I don't think it is worth it to send your stone to an online vendor to set in a simple solitaire. I'd but one locally because you won't likely find someone local to set your stone in a setting you ordered online.

Lexie

Shiny_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results