carat
color
clarity

new Sea of Cortez on eBay

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I received two Sea of Cortez pearls from this vendor today. Lovely pearls. Not the rainbow ones, but they still have awesome depth of color. The vendor has an auction running for a silver Sea of Cortez pearl. Let's all not bid at the same time. :naughty:

CortezPair_1409.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I've heard that this vendor is reliable, too. Thanks for the heads up, WHB!

Lovely pearls, FG! More pics (I'd like to see the original vendor pix too) and a thread please! :D

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
educational question: is this type of pearl typically just under 9mm or smaller?

MoZo

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Flygirl, those are GORGEOUS.

Wow.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1290802037|2779859 said:
educational question: is this type of pearl typically just under 9mm or smaller?

MoZo

Mozo, I really don't know. They do seem to be very rare in any size, though.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1290802037|2779859 said:

MoZo
MoZo - This site has some information. http://www.pearl-guide.com/cortez-pearls.shtml

Sea of Cortez Cultured Pearl Attributes:
Nacre thickness: is of a minimum of 0.8 mm to a 2.3 mm after the 24 month culture period.

Size: The pearls range in size from 8.0 to 14.0 mm in diameter. Pearls in sizes above 10 mm represent only 5% of a harvest.

Pearl Shape: Baroques make up for the largest yield (71%) while rounds and near-rounds account for only 3%. Semi-Baroque shapes represent 25% of the harvest.

Pearl coloration: Cortez pearls either display an opalescent rainbow-like orient or intense overtones. Body colors range from both warm and cool tones of white, silver-gray, bronze to black, with several overtones of green, purple, blue, gold and violet.

Treatments: The pearls are untreated. After harvest, pearls are soaked in water and pat dried. The Sea of Cortez Pearl (or “Cortez Pearl”) is the only pearl in the gem industry that completely qualifies under the "Fair Trade Gems" protocols.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
whitehotblank|1290567119|2777554 said:
I am not, nor do I know this seller. I have purchased from them before and been happy, and I think some others here have mentioned the same, as well as some who have sent back pearls without problems. They just listed a bunch of beautiful little Sea of Cortez keshis today I thought might interest some of you: http://shop.ebay.com/agustus-collection/m.html?_nkw=cortez&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

And fair warning, I have my eye on about 4 listings. :)
WHB - I see more listings going up. I hope you get some little keshis for your collection.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, FlyGirl!

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here's a question: I like some of their undrilled pearls too, but who could I get to drill them for me? :?:

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My jeweler used a standard drill to drill my pearls. Turned out great!

RockHugger|1291148718|2783157 said:
My jeweler used a standard drill to drill my pearls. Turned out great!

Hey did you ever post those large tahitians? I think there were 3... greenish ones?

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I sold one, because it had a few dimples on it. I had the other two drilled by said jeweler, and made them into drop ear rings. Never posted pics of them. I can if you want :razz:.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are lovely Flygirl. The prices in there listings seem to be reasonable. Just add these to my wishlist!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results