shape
carat
color
clarity

New sapphire

neonsaffire

Rough_Rock
Hi guys

Just purchased a stunning 7.9ct cornflower blue sapphire, gia certified.

Just wanting to see what you guys think of the gem and your estimation on its value.

see video:
https://vid.me/P4et

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful colour (although doesn't seem very saturated from the bottom up!)

Does it have eye visible inclusions?

It is a gorgeous stone regardless, what were GIA opinions of it? Any treatment?

neonsaffire

Rough_Rock
thanks redspinel :)

In person It is really saturated even from bottom up, that video was in direct sunlight so maybe why?

I cant see any inclusions with the naked eye, it looks clean and I love the luster on this stone.

GIA has tested for treatments and only noted that its heated, nothing else.

Any suggestions on value? I want to see if I got a good deal or not ?

Am also looking for a stunning ring mount to set this in, stone is 12x10mm, any suggestions :tongue:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its hard to tell from the video whether the stone is really that saturated or whether the video has been enhanced to intensify the color of the stone. Posting the GIA report would help (with personal info cut out or redacted from photo), as they include a photo of the stone in their report.

But if that is accurate for color, it is a bright, lovely and saturated stone and I bet you've done quite well. :))

neonsaffire

Rough_Rock
Thanks minous.

I took another of the stone against daylight / window. Apologies about the quality, its took on my mobile phone, what do you think? its actually more darker and color is more intense if seen with the naked eye, also the video does not capture the sparkle as it does have high luster.

https://vid.me/PT4t

Here is the snippet of the GIA report with some detail redacted.

It be good to get your thoughts on value please :)

_1264.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not quite sure of why you partially redacted the stone's dimensions, as that is helpful in getting a sense of the cutting. That said, I would say that the stone is not ideally cut but has more depth than it needs so will face up smaller than a well cut stone of similar weight. Based on comps, I'd say if you paid less than $2500k/ct you did well, but that's just my guess based on the little info you've provided. Hope that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results