shape
carat
color
clarity

New sapphire eternity band (using as spacer)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Happy Saturday everyone!

So this is how my sapphire band came to be: about 5 months ago (a month after we were married) I noticed the diamonds from my eternity band were eating into the platinum basket on my e-ring. I decided a spacer was a good idea, but didn''t want a plain, thin platinum band. I decided to get a very thin channel set sapphire band. My reasoning was that if it was thin, it would sit below the diamonds in my eternity band and the diamonds wouldn''t rub against the edges of the sapphire band. The plan worked! Though the sapphire band is thinner than I originally wanted, it solves the rubbing problem.

The sapphire ring is an estate ring from the 1920''s, is only 2mm wide, is set in platinum and the sapphires are french cut. I wanted sapphires because we were married in September, I was set on getting a band from the 1920''s because the estate where we were married was built in 1927 (the main house was the owner''s great-grandfather''s gift to his great-grandmother for their wedding) and I wanted french cut sapphires because a.) I love them and b.) we were engaged in France. So the little ring is symbolic for me, haha.

Also, PLEASE IGNORE THE FRANKENMAN HANDS! I am not a very girly girl and and am super hard on my hands. I have a cut under my nail bed and tons of scars from rock climbing. Also, the chalk I use on my hands to climb dries them out so badly they often crack (yuck, I know). Clearly, I''m not a manicure kind of gal, haha.

ncwbands1.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
another shot of my original w-band and e-ring

ncwdbands2.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
diamond and sapphire bands

ncwbands4.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
sapphire band alone

ncwbands5.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
sapphire and e-ring

ncwbands6.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
rolling ring and sapphire

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
oops, it didn''t attach

ncwbands7.jpg

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
And finally, all 3 wedding bands together.

ncwbands8.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I
30.gif
them NEL. The sapphire band is TDF. I love that it''s so thin...

...jealous...

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
WoW NEL! I adore your new band!
30.gif

It's so dainty and lovely. I love French cuts--it's just perfect, and I love the mixing of the bands!
36.gif

I have a 2mm white gold spacer, and I've been contemplating a slim French cut diamond spacer for awhile. Oh, I'm so inspired now!

I also love the symbolism and love that it is an estate piece.

Enjoy your lovely!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Frekechild--you''re very sweet, thank you. I''m still not too sure if it''s TOO thin--I can still return it, but it took me so long to find this one and I hate to start my search over. Also, I haggled the price of this band down to $500 before platinum skyrocketed and being the eternal cheapskate, I don''t think I could find another band for the same price. It''s growing on me.

SanDiegoLady--it was when you were doing a search for diamond and sapphire bands that I started this search. I wanted something very similar and ended up buying this band from an estate jeweller in CA that I believe came from a link somebody had sent you (though this ring didn''t pop up for another couple of months). I know for you finding a band small enough is an issue, whereas I have the opposite problem :)

Coatimundi--I was absolutely inspired by you as well, I love, love, LOVE your stacked rings. And I''m happy to fuel anybody''s diamond band-buying habit, so I say go for the thin french cut diamond band :) I''m now thinking about a thin baguette diamond band myself, haha. The insanity never stops!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NEL, I love the symbolism behind the band, it''s perfect and I love it with your rings!
36.gif
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I love the new band! I do not think that it is too thin at all...I like the fact that it is thin so it does not take away from the e-ring and w-band. They look great together!

kboggs315

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous! I love the color and cut of the sapphire band!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous band, NEL!!!! I love it on you, and it looks so FAB with your other rings Also, its so sweet how sentimental it is...

Enjoy your new bling!!!
36.gif
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
NEL,

I love your sapphire band. That''s what I want someday so I''m just drooling over all these beautiful antique rings that you ladies are stacking with your wedding sets. It''s perfect with your already gorgeous set!! Love the french cut sapphires... my favorite!

Where do you rock climb? Hubby and I used to climb a lot. In fact, that''s how we met. :)

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks catmom, diamond*dana, kboggs and Dani!

I''m beginning to think 2mm isn''t too thin--I''m already planning my next 2mm band so I can stack them together for something more substantial :)

Portia, we''ve been climbing indoors all winter (a rock gym north of Boston) but when the weather gets warmer we''ll start climbing in some quarries and hopefully go up to NH for a few weekends in the summer. I really wanted to get some ice climbing in this winter, but time slipped away from me. How neat that you met your hubby climbing!

sera

Ideal_Rock
LOVE that blue- it''s gorgeous- and French cut, too... wow! All the meaning behind it makes it so special. I really like the thin bands- so glad it solves the problem.

I''m hoping to do something similar when mine is done (thin stacking rings between e-ring and w-band that I can change up the color... blue, pink, yellow, green, red).

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I just love love love your whole set. I really like that shade of blue. I have always loved your wedding set though.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
NEL, I just love this idea for a spacer, and ADORE how much thought you put into the meaning. So sweet, and so beautiful!

I hear you on the "hard on my hands" thing. I''m a climber, too.
2.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sera, gothgrrl and lauren! Lauren, if I ever come across a thin baguette band like you have, I''m buying it on the spot. I am in love with your band! And I''m not surpised at all that you like to rock climb, we all know you''re a cool chica :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an awesome band. I love it!

MikeRato1

Shiny_Rock
very pretty. i love when people have a story behind their rings, heres my girlfriends story... "i want that one"

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 1:50:24 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Frekechild--you''re very sweet, thank you. I''m still not too sure if it''s TOO thin--I can still return it, but it took me so long to find this one and I hate to start my search over. Also, I haggled the price of this band down to $500 before platinum skyrocketed and being the eternal cheapskate, I don''t think I could find another band for the same price. It''s growing on me.

SanDiegoLady--it was when you were doing a search for diamond and sapphire bands that I started this search. I wanted something very similar and ended up buying this band from an estate jeweller in CA that I believe came from a link somebody had sent you (though this ring didn''t pop up for another couple of months). I know for you finding a band small enough is an issue, whereas I have the opposite problem :)

Coatimundi--I was absolutely inspired by you as well, I love, love, LOVE your stacked rings. And I''m happy to fuel anybody''s diamond band-buying habit, so I say go for the thin french cut diamond band :) I''m now thinking about a thin baguette diamond band myself, haha. The insanity never stops!
Nonsense!

It''s gorgeous, and I think it''s the perfect width for your set. If you went much wider, I think it might overpower your wedding band.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2008 7:53:12 PM
Author: MikeRato1
very pretty. i love when people have a story behind their rings, heres my girlfriends story... ''i want that one''
Haha... works for me
12.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
NEL what a beautiful ring and I love the symbolism that helped you achieve it a totally awww moment for me :).

The new set looks fantastic together :)

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, I just love the cuts in the band!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful; I love the color!!!
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. It looks great with your other rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results