shape
carat
color
clarity

New Sapphire eternity band, and a little surprise :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angeleyez

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to share my new Facets sapphire eternity band which was an early birthday present to myself. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures of just the band, as while I was examining my rings mid photo shoot, I noticed something on the diamond of my ering which I have never seen before. While examining my rings with my 10x loupe, as I often do, I noticed what looks like a chip, only it doesn''t really look like it''s on the surface. I will try to post a picture of what I mean and hopefully someone can help me figure it out. We''ve already contacted our appraiser with the picture and he suggested we bring it in, get it reappraised to see what it is. I guess my questions right now would be is if someone can help me identify whether or not it really is a chip, and if it is what our next step would be. I''m hoping someone has a simple explanation/solution as I can''t imagine how I could have possibly chipped my diamond, I am not too hard on my hands, and usually take my rings off when doing anything too strenuous (cooking, cleaning, exercising etc.) Anyway on to the pictures...First one of the set.

IMG_9479.JPG

Angeleyez

Rough_Rock
One more of the set.

IMG_9481.JPG

Angeleyez

Rough_Rock
Now on to the diamond, this is the best picture I can get, hopefully it''s good enough for everyone to get an idea of what I mean.

Diamond_Close_Up.JPG

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
You mean that round thing? That doesn't look like a chip to me, it looks like a reflection of the hole in the bottom of the setting. No?

PS: Beautiful set!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
GREAT set!!!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings. I think the round thing is too perfect to be a chip; I would agree it could be a reflection.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful set, love the sapphire eternity band.

on your e-ring, try and clean it then loupe it again? maybe its just a reflection,

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
OOH love the saphire eternity band!

The color is so rich, and I love the contrast of blue stones and white metal.

Delightful!

As for your diamond anomalie - kozibe effect + reflection of viewing loup off the surface of the facets?

Happy Unbirthday!

HD

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous rings! i''m especially drawn to your milgrain band. they all go so nicely together!
about your concern, i find it odd that it looks completely round.. for it to be a chip.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
All of your rings are beautiful! The new sapphire band is gorgeous. I love the way your ering looks with the milgrain wband - a perfect set! Not sure about the round thing on your diamond - hopefully it is just a reflection?

Angeleyez

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone! I am really happy with my set, and although it''s my not so secret ambition to have a stacking band in every colour, I think I''m done for a very long time.

As for the anomaly on my diamond, it''s definitely something on or in it as I''ve tried to clean it a few times and it still remains there. I also cannot explain the seemingly perfect circle, but again there is definitely something there. It''s not a reflection either, as you can see it with the naked eye, at close proximity, but you can definitely see it in all lighting, and at any angle, and the spot is on the same spot of the diamond. I honestly have no idea what it could possibly be, I guess I''ll have to wait for the appraisal, and I''ll keep you guys posted, but if anyone else can chime in, I''d still like to know what everyone else thinks.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
I love your set!!! Just beautiful!!!
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
beautiful set...
but I agree with the other ladies that it looks to perfect to be a chip.
bring this over to the Rocky Talky thread I''m sure the experts there could help ya.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone that your rings are GORGEOUS! Congrats and Happy Belated Birthday!

Please keep us posted on the mysterious circle/chip on your diamond.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
The stone itself looks quite grubby. I would give it a good soak to dislodge any gunk under the stone and around the setting and then have another look.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all three rings. Congrats on the new band.

Maybe something is stuck under your setting and is showing thru the top of the stone? I''m hoping it''s not a chip! Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results